Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oumar niasse

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
"Another club was interested in me which was flattering, but once Crystal Palace made their move, I only wanted to sign for them. They are an established PL club and I'll be working with some players I've admired from afar. The passionate fans also made it a move I couldn't refuse".

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
"Another club was interested in me which was flattering, but once Crystal Palace made their move, I only wanted to sign for them. They are an established PL club and I'll be working with some players I've admired from afar. The passionate fans also made it a move I couldn't refuse".

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove

let's hope so. this signing is up there with the best we could do!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Weird, he was with Sakho at the Palace 'offices' in Beak Street London about 10pm last night. Weird to have done a medical and have everything ready only to fall through in the last couple of hours

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If you were the player and got that phone call from your agent

"So, did the move happen? Im really excited to play again"
"Sorry Oumar, it fell through"
"Oh no. Im gutted. What happened?"
"Yeah, funny story actually"

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I can never get my head around this. The agent is working on behalf of the player, so he should pay their fees.

If I sell my house, I don't expect the buyer to pay the estate agents fees.

I know stupid isn't it and if the player paid the agent fees, I could see a massive drop in their demands.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
#TeamPalace

Wait, no what? Someone's hacked my account!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I can never get my head around this. The agent is working on behalf of the player, so he should pay their fees.

If I sell my house, I don't expect the buyer to pay the estate agents fees.

It has to be done this way. The Buying club has to negotiate a separate deal with the Agent and pay the Agent independently. Otherwise the Agents Fee becomes taxable on the player because the Agents fee would then be paid ''by virtue of the services of the player'' hence taxable on the player.

There are about 200 or more cases going to Tribunal with HMRC on this issue where players didn't get their contracts drawn up correctly to avoid HMRC assessing the player and not the Agent. All very complex and a few are due in the courts in the coming months.

Players who don't take proper advice from tax lawyers are getting caught and that has made things a lot more complicated when doing transfer deals to ensure players don't get taxed on Agents fees

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
It has to be done this way. The Buying club has to negotiate a separate deal with the Agent and pay the Agent independently. Otherwise the Agents Fee becomes taxable on the player because the Agents fee would then be paid ''by virtue of the services of the player'' hence taxable on the player.

There are about 200 or more cases going to Tribunal with HMRC on this issue where players didn't get their contracts drawn up correctly to avoid HMRC assessing the player and not the Agent. All very complex and a few are due in the courts in the coming months.

Players who don't take proper advice from tax lawyers are getting caught and that has made things a lot more complicated when doing transfer deals to ensure players don't get taxed on Agents fees

Should they be opening a bank account in the name of their pet dog? "Triffic"

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

It's a shame that the player just can't pay the agent his fee, which is taxed at source, so that the agent receives his payment less tax, like the rest of the human race.

Assuming that a payment is not taxed twice, are you saying that that the player would being paying the tax and the Agent would receive his payment tax free?

As it stands, if a club does pay the agent's fees is that net of tax to the agent?

Just curious. I must confess I have no idea how these things work.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It has to be done this way.
There are more than two ways. The agent could work for the selling club.
The selling club, player and agent are all known before any notion of a transfer, and percentages can be agreed etc. The tax would be fine right?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

So am I correct in thinking, that due to the agents greed, the player is unlikely to make Everton's 25, so he just doesn't play football now as the window has closed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here