Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Murphy

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
A passionate player who never shirks a challenge , has pace and does have the potential to improve . He has the right attitude to do so . Maybe he could vary that coming in from the left , running across the box , beating a number of people and then finally just shooting wide but one day soon they might well start going in . He might well surprise a few people this season. Hughton obviously believes in him and that's what counts at the end of the day . Good luck Jamie.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, a herd, flock, or trip of goats are all correct.

Hmmm.....some very dodgy methodology in some of those googled sites that suggest flock or trip as alternatives. Common usage (and essentially correct) would be herd.

Think Sound of Music. "High on a hill lived a lonely Goatflock........."

........Nah, F**k it!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I'm not sure why but I bought a 6ft 5in cardboard cutout of him for Albion in the community. All goes to charity innit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmmm.....some very dodgy methodology in some of those googled sites that suggest flock or trip as alternatives. Common usage (and essentially correct) would be herd.

........Nah, F**k it!

Goatherd refers to the person, in the same way as shepherd to sheep.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not sure why but I bought a 6ft 5in cardboard cutout of him for Albion in the community. All goes to charity innit.

Sell it back to the club and they can put it in goal...

...come on, it's funny.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You mean all 11 players? Because that's how many men we had behind the ball. And we still conceded. Twice.

I'm not saying Duffy was awful against Man City, but he most certainly wasn't "brilliant".

Good post. The 10 or 11 man defence kept the score down, before the inevitable. When the MOTD commentator said ".... wins it for Man City" on 69 minutes, that tells you all need to know about the match

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As Thunder has pointed out, the lonely goatherd was not a lonely group of goats, it was a lonely person who looked after them.

some very dodgy methodology in some of those googled sites that suggest flock or trip as alternatives.
Those googled sites like Oxford Dictionaries.
Common usage (and essentially correct) would be herd.
Common and therefore essentially correct?! What a load of baloney. If there is more than one term for something, the one less used doesn't suddenly become incorrect.

Just accept your mistake, apologise and move on. Or you are BG and I claim my £5.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm pretty sure a 6ft 5in cutout of Jamie Murphy would have less moaners than Ryan

Hmmmm, not so sure, after all it is still Murphy.
Perhaps Murray would keep the moaners at bay.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Good post. The 10 or 11 man defence kept the score down, before the inevitable. When the MOTD commentator said ".... wins it for Man City" on 69 minutes, that tells you all need to know about the match

Good post? It's a load of bollocks that ignores many factors.

Lack of premier league experience players vs many of the best players in the world. Our players are not use to the pace, the only way players adapt to that pace is exposure. No amount of training can teach that.

Most importantly, they actually only scored 1 goal, their second was an own goal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good post? It's a load of bollocks that ignores many factors.

Lack of premier league experience players vs many of the best players in the world. Our players are not use to the pace, the only way players adapt to that pace is exposure. No amount of training can teach that.

Most importantly, they actually only scored 1 goal, their second was an own goal.

Quite, though not forgetting only a desperate Kompany block prevented us going 1-0 up.

That said all of our defence played really well in that game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As Thunder has pointed out, the lonely goatherd was not a lonely group of goats, it was a lonely person who looked after them.

Those googled sites like Oxford Dictionaries.
Common and therefore essentially correct?! What a load of baloney. If there is more than one term for something, the one less used doesn't suddenly become incorrect.

Just accept your mistake, apologise and move on. Or you are BG and I claim my £5.

You'd lose your £5!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Saw a rumour former club Sheffield United could be in for him January.
One of their midfielder's suffered bad injury at weekend.
Must admit I had completely forgotten about him.
Surely loan or sold in January..

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Saw a rumour former club Sheffield United could be in for him January.
One of their midfielder's suffered bad injury at weekend.
Must admit I had completely forgotten about him.
Surely loan or sold in January..

It would be a good move for him he already has a promotion on his cv and I can't see him getting anywhere near the first team at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here