Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Remember when Dave said this to Corbyn:

“It might be in my party’s interest for him to sit there, it’s not in the national interest and I would say, for heaven’s sake man, go.”

Wouldn't be surprised to see Corbyn use something very similar against May, and he would be right.

Yes ! Well remembered ! I'm not sure that Mr's May has actually realised what has happened yet, I think she will when she walks in to the House.....really can't wait

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This cabinet re-shuffle, has she just moved the cups and saucers a little more to the front, and pushed the plates further back? Apart from that, I can't see anything else has changed.

Remember, if the answer is Hunt, it's a very stupid question.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Jeremy Hunt STAYS at Health.

Oh deary, deary, me. Twitter's blowing up as I type.

No one else would touch that job with a barge pole, that's why.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
She was supposed to be the first one out after the election as well! ***k me!

So now you and stockbroker of the year [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] want to decide to whom and how the reshuffle is done, one day it will dawn on you both that the world really doesnt revolve around your political views .................

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just seen this on iPlayer, Prof.Smug of Smug University on a particularly smug day.
Capture.JPG

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Hopefully the above, particularly the bold bit, indicates the end of Labour's "We can still govern [from our position of fewest seats and election losers]".

Here's the thing. They have to be seen to have tried to do the right thing, which would be to form a Government if they could.

However, they are ITCHING for another election, I imagine. The sooner the better. If they can get one whilst May is still leader, they'll be supremely confident of being the largest party.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
To carry the country any deal must be a compromise to both sides, and Norway EEC membership feels like the best alternative for the medium term (next ten years at least).

100% with you. Take something like Norway off the shelf for now, kick the can down the road a bit and everyone (especially us now) can have a bit of breathing space to work out what they want.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
May is PM only in name. It'll be Green and Hammond who are really in charge of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No one else would touch that job with a barge pole, that's why.

Surely the PM appoints whomever she wants and they serve?

Well, regardless of the reason: that's the one sector of society even further exasperated.

Penny for IDS & Gove's thoughts on their exclusion.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
There is one massive benefit to this election, and that is the potential end of Indyref2 in Scotland for the forseeable future. Sturgeons government has failed in many of its domestic policy agendas, and she has had her wings well and truly clipped by the brilliant Ruth Davidson. All unionists should tip their hat to Ruth

Scotland voted union parties tactically and Sturgeon must now respect that.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So now you and stockbroker of the year [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] want to decide to whom and how the reshuffle is done, one day it will dawn on you both that the world really doesnt revolve around your political views .................

Err. Don't you think every single political commentator (and big-hitting Tory MP's behind the scenes) are stating the same thing?

[TWEET]873940123230011394[/TWEET]

What have my political views got to do with a cabinet reshuffle?

Just as with your views on youth recruitment: the only thing that matters is what [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] thinks.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Err. Don't you think every single political commentator (and big-hitting Tory MP's behind the scenes) are stating the same thing?

I dont care what they say, its her and her parties shout, you must expect that they do it for the right reasons, for selfish reason or for self preservation.

You and your mates seem to assume that everything is barmy unless it reflects your own set of narrow views, its laughable.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I dont care what they say, its her and her parties shout, you must expect that they do it for the right reasons, for selfish reason or for self preservation.

You and your mates seem to assume that everything is barmy unless it reflects your own set of narrow views, its laughable.

If you don't think that reappointing Hunt as Health Secretary is barmy, that speaks for your own 'set of narrow views'.

Do you really think you have to be extreme politically-minded to know of his reputation?

But at least we agree on one thing: the situation is indeed 'laughable'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here