Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro 2016: England and Wales fans given alcohol ban in Lens

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
same as that.

went to the Millennium stadium Wales v England and a lot of the Welsh that day were looking for English.
we had tickets ( 8 of us ) through the England members club, but were conned in to selling them and getting tickets in a lounge in the England end, turns out they were just regular tickets in the Welsh end.
We got into the stadium and approach a steward and told him we had bought tickets to a lounge but would take our and if the National anthem is played we would stand up and start singing it. By this time we were attracting a bit of a crowd by us and eventually got our way and housed in a lounge at the other end of the stadium in the England end.
when England scored, there were pockets of fights breaking out throughout the ground.

The Welsh were fighting each other that day. Cardiff vs Swansea... stupid

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
It is true according to the FSF website. From http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/england-wales-matchday-lens-euro-2016-france :

"No drinking on the streets: The sale, transport and consumption of alcoholic drinks will be banned in the car parks, shuttle buses, coach parks and in all public areas in Lens city centre. The consumption of alcohol will only be permitted in bars (either inside or on the Terrasse) and inside the Fan Zone. This ban will run from 6am on 16th June until 6am on 17th June. Anyone failing to respect this ban will be fined and all alcoholic drinks will be seized."

A big con of the non alcholic vareity coming up then ,remember Le Harve in the ground in 05?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The Welsh were fighting each other that day. Cardiff vs Swansea... stupid

Ah yes of course, just made that up for a laugh. Wasn't there at all :tosser:

A big con of the non alcholic vareity coming up then ,remember Le Harve in the ground in 05?

No, but there was a lovely little bar behind the supermarket that sold the real thing! This is common at England's away matches, despite it being common knowledge from home matches there was no beer on sale at UEFA qualifiers the bar at Espanols old ground was four deep at the Andorra match despite the Estrella pumps clearly carrying the term 'sin alcool'

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ah yes of course, just made that up for a laugh. Wasn't there at all :tosser:

I was there too, and saw Cardiff and Swansea fighting. Are you denying this? Even the Welsh admit they have inter-club problems at games.

:tosser:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I was there too, and saw Cardiff and Swansea fighting. Are you denying this? Even the Welsh admit they have inter-club problems at games.

:tosser:

So you could tell the difference between Swansea and Cardiff at a Wales v England game, and they started fighting each other when England scored??? Clever

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So you could tell the difference between Swansea and Cardiff at a Wales v England game, and they started fighting each other when England scored??? Clever

Yes it was the 6 fingers on each hand and silly accents

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Very surprised by this.

I think more than anything it shows France's ignorance towards England and Wales. There's never been any bad blood between the two nations. If it was the Jocks then definitely enforce a ban. France really do have a lot of snobs.
Are you sure ???? :facepalm:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I didn't know that a Welsh fan was killed by Wembley way. If it was down to hooliganism then I apologise.

I wouldn't say it was hooliganism. It was a single pissed up Brummy who blindsided a bloke minding his own business.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I didn't know that a Welsh fan was killed by Wembley way. If it was down to hooliganism then I apologise.
the welsh as a nation hate us far more than the jocks ever will.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I wouldn't say it was hooliganism. It was a single pissed up Brummy who blindsided a bloke minding his own business.

Just read the article on BBC about it. The **** that killed him only got three years and would have been out in half. Some justice.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
the one who died had plenty of form for football hooliganism , a tragedy for sure but i dont think it was as cut and dried as that .

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That's funny I have lived in Wales for the last 14 years and never had any hate directed at me.
youre lucky then , or the sort of sap who gives a nervous laugh when told how much they want us to lose etc etc, ask [MENTION=4156]glasfryn[/MENTION] what he thinks after his time in wales.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
the welsh as a nation hate us far more than the jocks ever will.

What do you base that on? I have never met a jock that wants England to win but have come across a number of Welsh (and Northern Irish ) who are not anti English in the slightest and even some who view us as their second team. My father was Welsh but also supported England when they played

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here