Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 8th Charity Golf Day - Support the Charity Golf Day, even if you don’t play golf

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
This is for all golfers and non-golfers. I’d like to announce that the eighth REMF Charity Golf Day will take place on Friday 20th June at Mid-Sussex G.C. in Ditchling. This promises to be better than ever and we need everyone’s support. It doesn’t matter if you’re an NSC “old-timer” or new to this site, you will be welcomed if you can give your support.

Anyone entering the competition is guaranteed a great day. Just ask those from NSC who have played in previous REMF Charity Golf days. Any standard of golf is acceptable. If you can’t make up a 4-ball, then let me know, as there will be others in a similar position and I’m quite happy to put golfers together to create the teams. This includes Dave the Gaffer, (alias Granny Weatherwax).
The format is similar to previous years. On arrival, participants will be welcomed with bacon rolls and tea or coffee. The entered four balls will then play 18 holes of golf, scoring in a stableford format. There are superb individual and team trophies, for the winners and the runners up. There are further trophies and prizes for certain "Nearest the Pin" holes and a “Longest Drive”. On top of this, there will also be a trophy on every hole! Even if your 4-ball is not having a very good round, you’ve still got up to the eighteenth hole to grab a prize.

Following the golf, all entrants will sit down to an excellent 4 course meal, after which will come the presentations and raffle. We have already been promised some excellent raffle prizes so come and have some of it. There is also an auction with at least 2 memorable items available.

So how can you support the day?

First, by entering the competition as a four ball will only cost £60 per person. This is great value as can be seen from above.
Second, we're looking for sponsors, either individuals or companies, to sponsor a hole for £50. What do you get for this? Well, it's a charity donation so will be tax deductible. Your name (or your company's name) will be on prominent view at the hole you sponsor so all participants will know who you are. You will also be in the official program showing your sponsorship. We should also be receiving newspaper and radio media coverage.
Thirdly, if you would like to donate a raffle or auction prize this will be gratefully received and will also be recorded in the official program.

We hope to have a certain celebrity entering as well, but more about that later.

For any further information on how to enter, sponsor or donate, either pm me, (Woodingdean Gull), through NSC, email me on t.langridge@virgin.net or ring me on 07860 371461 any time.
(If you’ve posted on a “Golf” thread recently, be prepared to receive a pm from me).

Tony

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Bounce! (Sorry bounced as wasn't a sticky, my fault!)

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I've got a brand new Taymade R11s Driver 20, R/H 10.5 reg which I'd like to donate. Bought it 9 months ago and have never used it and the retail price was £350. Have the box but haven't got the plastic covering which covers the club as got over excited and took it off. I can post it to you if you like WoodingdeanGull. Must be able to get £80 - £130 for it, better than nothing.

I have given up golf for personal reasons :(

TaylorMade R11S Driver

Sean Toulon the Executive vice president of TaylorMade "With the proper fitting, we know golfers of all skill levels will be longer and straighter off the tee."

The TaylorMade R11S Driver takes all the outstanding features of the R11 Driver but with some amazing new additions. The 5-way Adjustable Sole Plate and 3-degree Flight Control Sleeve will give you unmatchable distance. Up to 80 different set ups can be achieved from this one club.

The R11S Driver has the maximum 460cc capacity head which can appear up to 2% larger thanks to its white colour. This added appearance adds to your confidence and inspires you right from the first tee.

TaylorMade's 5-Way 'Adjustable Sole Plate' (ASP) technology on the base of the club head is a five-point plate which can be rotated and secured with the wrench tool. This will allow you to adjust face angle of the club without adjusting the loft. The face angle can be set as Neutral, Slightly Open, Open, Slightly Closed and Closed.

The TaylorMade R11S driver uses a 'Flight Control Technology' (FCT) hosel, letting each golfer adjust the loft of their club, up or down, by 3 degrees. This changes the launch angle that the ball leaves the face of the club.

'Moveable Weight Technology' (MWT) uses the supplied 1 and 10 gram weights to create either a fade or draw bias depending on their position in the club head. By simply adjusting the club to your own custom specifications you can be longer and straighter off the tee.

The distinctive matte white crown is paired with a devilish black PVD face makes it much easier to 'see' the ball at address and aid alignment for extra accuracy and confidence. The colour make the contrast between the club and the grass stand out which is aimed to make alignment easier and more consistent.

The triangular head shape helps to provide a higher launch and more forgiving trajectory. This head shape and aerodynamic design allow this club to cut through the air better than the previous R11 Driver.

Inverted Cone Technology has been milled directly into the back of the club face which makes the sweet spot bigger, giving you more forgiveness on off-centre strikes. The R11S design has been developed to make the club appear larger at address even with its standard face height. The face allows the club to be even more forgiving on miss hits from the tee.

Each driver is fitted with an Aldila RIP Phenom 60 graphite shaft which weighs 60 grams. The RIP shaft features a Reverse Inter-laminar Placement which provides more stability at impact without getting a harsh feeling associated with some firmer tip shafts.
The matching headcover and wrench key are included.

[yt]DIDcupk_xkE[/yt]

[yt]z2TscoYtvuU[/yt]

Last edited:

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Hi Footsoldier, that is an incredible donation and is really appreciated. That will be one of the star auction prizes and I may well be in the bidding for it myself.

Do you live local to Brighton? If you want to p.m. me your address, I may be able to collect it instead of you having the hassle of posting it. Let me know.

Once again, many thanks.

Tony....

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Hi Footsoldier, that is an incredible donation and is really appreciated. That will be one of the star auction prizes and I may well be in the bidding for it myself.

Do you live local to Brighton? If you want to p.m. me your address, I may be able to collect it instead of you having the hassle of posting it. Let me know.

Once again, many thanks.

Tony....

Hi Tony.

I've sent my details via PM so you can come and pick it up when ever you feel like it.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Hi Tony. Got your message and have replied. Phoning me at home is an issue but if you could perhaps let me know when you're going to phone then I'll make sure I'm ready.

Regards.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Weather looks set to be pefect for golf tomorrow :clap:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Looking forward to it, although my Palace supporting Son seems even more cocky this year given their season; luckily he's rubbish at Golf!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Tony with Doug Eaton as the prize giving gets underway

7e4eza5y.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
y4u9asuh.jpg

Granny Weatherwax doing the auction for an expensive driver, just got £300 for it :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done ! Tony Langridge. Superb effort Tony. You are a one in a million.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
And the best bit, Tony really wanted the R11 Driver, but was outbid by quite a bit. The bloke who did win it presented it back to Tony at the end of the auction. Good on ya Tony, you deserve it, brilliant day, excellently organised, cheers and good luck to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here