Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I can't wait for nothing to change and everyone realises what a waste of time this has been.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sorry, that's pathetic! What sort of self obsessed idiot do you need to be to keep championing people who think it's not important to plan their registration. Total bollocks.

You just seem to insult people, quite randomly, you must have done it about three times to me alone in the last few hours that I have posted on this thread, just an observation the Argus debate picked up on this last night, I am sure you are a very nice person, we must both support the Albion and have ST. But a few of you on here do seem to represent the shouty brigade. Happy shouting and insulting its a new day.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1454...y____older_men_shouting_about_immigration___/

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's taken on a religious like fervour, vote remain and you are an unbeliever, yet to see the light, heretic in your ignorance!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yep the people shold have got their arse in gear. They knew the deadline day. Then somone decides to allow extra time to register. This to me is changing the rules. Surely that is illegal when a campaign as important as this is under way.
It's because it was impossible to register during the last hours of the registration period. That isn't right and not the fault of the voters.

Besides, what's not to like about more people being able to vote ? ???

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If you knew you were moving on or around the deadline then here's an idea .... use your postal vote. Besides, you've missed the key part of my post in that this people that have never been registered to vote before. It's a bit like the people who moan about the tax return system not working for the last five minutes before returns are due ..... yet they have had MONTHS to deal with it. And every year the system slows, the news stories come out of people missing the deadline and yet there are still stupid people who leave it to the last minute.

I sort of hear some of what you are saying, but all grand systems need a cut off point. If the system lets you down i.e I often do my VAT returns on the last night (never let me down online in nearly 10 years - 4 times a year) but I would complain if it failed and expect an extension, and not expect to be told I was wrong for doing them in be time provided.

As mentioned on here its probably about 100,000 people out of an electorate of 46 million if you include ex pats and Gibaltarians. So not many, of which about 20 odd million are shared between the big two parties.

I agree with what Buzza said, we should have a better system. I think use electronic systems and devices more, in the end its about trying to get people to vote and be part of the process.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its hilarious how many morons are on this thread.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I would have to include myself in that for just trying to engage, and we wonder why people don't vote or show any interest in politics, in which note I should get back to work..
As soon as people realise the rich will get richer, the poor will get poorer and the workers will keep the country running, no matter what government is in and no matter if we're in or out of Europe, we can all get on with our effing lives again.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Remain are leading our young people up the garden path. Why would young people want to effectively Remain in a club that allows your competition unrestricted access to their jobs market, I don't get it, I really don't. They will find out soon enough. That one chance of making a real difference, flushed down the toilet.

Sometimes it's tricky to see things from someone else's perspective. I'm actually a "remainer", so I think I can understand how the younger generation feel (on this point, at least). Certainly both my two daughters (20 and 24) are passionately pro-EU. They have lived all their lives with the opportunity to travel and work in Europe, and see themselves as citizens of Europe, not just Brits. Pretty much all of their friends feel the same way. We might wonder at the logic, but sometimes logic doesn't come into it. It's about a mentality and a sense of belonging, and (in my experience) the younger generation feels part of something much bigger than little old England.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sometimes it's tricky to see things from someone else's perspective. I'm actually a "remainer", so I think I can understand how the younger generation feel (on this point, at least). Certainly both my two daughters (20 and 24) are passionately pro-EU. They have lived all their lives with the opportunity to travel and work in Europe, and see themselves as citizens of Europe, not just Brits. Pretty much all of their friends feel the same way. We might wonder at the logic, but sometimes logic doesn't come into it. It's about a mentality and a sense of belonging, and (in my experience) the younger generation feels part of something much bigger than little old England.

This is how I how I feel as well, and I'm a lot older.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
0/10 for deflection, it's not me railing against the over 40s and suggesting they should be denied a vote.

While I have my own political view, that does not mean I don't recognise and respect politicians with another ideology. For all his faults and views I disagree with, I do have respect for his commitment to a cause he has campaigned on for over 20 years. In this time he has been vilified sometimes fairly, sometimes not.

I can think of other politicians who I have a much closer aligned view politically, who have been opposed to the EU for longer than Farage but now they have turned themselves 180 degrees to support a cause they don't believe in.

To that extent I have greater respect for Farage than I do Corbyn which does make me angry.

I don't expect a reactionary bigot like you have the mental capacity to process this kind nuance, you enjoy you beer, there's a good lad.
Ranting, raving and throwing insults. What's rattled your cage so much? You're not very good at this are you?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

This sounds spot on to me. I have a friend whose sons studied at universities in Sweden and Italy; another friend's daughter is off to uni in Slovenia. The cost of higher education is considerably cheaper in other countries, I was reading the other day that German students pay under £600 per year, compare that to the £9,000 over here and you can see why it's attractive to teenagers,.If I were 18, I'd probably be a Remainer too

D

Deleted member 22389

Sometimes it's tricky to see things from someone else's perspective. I'm actually a "remainer", so I think I can understand how the younger generation feel (on this point, at least). Certainly both my two daughters (20 and 24) are passioneately pro-EU. They have lived all their lives with the opportunity to travel and work in Europe, and see themselves as citizens of Europe, not just Brits. Pretty much all of their friends feel the same way. We might wonder at the logic, but sometimes logic doesn't come into it. It's about a mentality and a sense of belonging, and (in my experience) the younger generation feels part of something much bigger than little old England.

I do wonder at their logic, I really do. I would probably be a Remain if I was 18 again. All I will say is that being the child of an Italian migrant who came to this country in 1964, I have been to Europe hundreds of times. I love Europe, I am not a little Englander, it's just those gits in Brussels and that organisation are ruining everything. They are ripping the very heart out of Europe as I speak, and more worryingly don't seem to give a damn about protecting European culture, identity and religion. No amount of money or jobs can ever bring these things back, it is a worrying world we live in. We will be very sorry later on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This sounds spot on to me. I have a friend whose sons studied at universities in Sweden and Italy; another friend's daughter is off to uni in Slovenia. The cost of higher education is considerably cheaper in other countries, I was reading the other day that German students pay under £600 per year, compare that to the £9,000 over here and you can see why it's attractive to teenagers,.If I were 18, I'd probably be a Remainer too

As an aside I'm surprised more students are not looking to the EU for their higher education. If I were 18 again I'd be off like a shot for more sunshine, exotic foreign chicks and a fraction of the price.

You just seem to insult people, quite randomly, you must have done it about three times to me alone in the last few hours that I have posted on this thread, just an observation the Argus debate picked up on this last night, I am sure you are a very nice person, we must both support the Albion and have ST. But a few of you on here do seem to represent the shouty brigade. Happy shouting and insulting its a new day.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1454...y____older_men_shouting_about_immigration___/
I was there at the Argus debate. There was a mixture of leavers and remainers shouting, but the main cause of shouting was from Labour voters calling the labour councillor a traitor for selling out the working classes and jumping in to bed with Cameron. Also tempers were raised when Queen Lucas called brexiteers Little Englanders and racist xenophobes albeit in a backhand head down comment. The other 3 speakers were happy to stay and chat with people, but the obnoxious green preen Queen could not get out quick enough.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It's because it was impossible to register during the last hours of the registration period. That isn't right and not the fault of the voters.

Besides, what's not to like about more people being able to vote ? ???

The problem here is why didn't these 7.5 million people register a year ago to vote in the general election?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
As an aside I'm surprised more students are not looking to the EU for their higher education. If I were 18 again I'd be off like a shot for more sunshine, exotic foreign chicks and a fraction of the price.

Are you saying foreign chicks are cheap? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here