Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What part of Brexit means Brexit does Jean-Claude Juncker not understand? He needs to remember that he's just a johnny foreigner, we're British, with strong and stable leadership, that there'll be no coalition of chaos in our precious union, that politics is not a game and that he's got to do everything we say and that there has to be a deal - because there has to be - and that deal must be approved by The Daily Mail too.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
May has said the Uk can happily walk away with no deal, partly due to all the opportunities the rest of the world holds. So exactly what damage can be done?

Exactly. Our best days are ahead of us and we can now look forward to all the benefits that free trade deals with The Central African Republic will bring.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
What part of Brexit means Brexit does Jean-Claude Juncker not understand? He needs to remember that he's just a johnny foreigner, we're British, with strong and stable leadership, that there'll be no coalition of chaos in our precious union, that politics is not a game and that he's got to do everything we say and that there has to be a deal - because there has to be - and that deal must be approved by The Daily Mail too.

And Rupert Murdoch that well known upstanding British citizen

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From the Telegraph article:
"The pair also clashed over EU migrants as Mrs May pushed for an early deal during negotiations. The European Union's representatives said they were "astonished" by Mrs May's push for it to be sorted "by the end of June"."

If the EU can decide in 4 minutes flat that that is what they want, it's a shame their leaders can't go along with the will of the majority and respond positively to the idea of getting it sorted early. There is no reason why specific talks cannot be started straight after the election, even if a final deal by the end of the month, whilst an admirable aim, might not be achievable. It certainly won't be, if Juncker gets his way!

I think the legal and binding rights of migrant citizens in the UK and vice-versa will take a lot longer than a discussion on EU priorities. I don't know what you do for a job but compare prioritising a meeting agenda with setting up and finalising a contract; it's clear which takes longer. Juncker is merely being realistic and most people will understand this.

D

Deleted member 22389

From the Telegraph article:
"The pair also clashed over EU migrants as Mrs May pushed for an early deal during negotiations. The European Union's representatives said they were "astonished" by Mrs May's push for it to be sorted "by the end of June"."

If the EU can decide in 4 minutes flat that that is what they want, it's a shame their leaders can't go along with the will of the majority and respond positively to the idea of getting it sorted early. There is no reason why specific talks cannot be started straight after the election, even if a final deal by the end of the month, whilst an admirable aim, might not be achievable. It certainly won't be, if Juncker gets his way!

Out of control organisation, who can piss people around because they don't have anyone to answer too. That's the whole problem with the EU right there. How any remainer can support this is beyond me.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think the legal and binding rights of migrant citizens in the UK and vice-versa will take a lot longer than a discussion on EU priorities. I don't know what you do for a job but compare prioritising a meeting agenda with setting up and finalising a contract; it's clear which takes longer. Juncker is merely being realistic and most people will understand this.

Just get the thing sorted. Trouble is too many people in that organisation get paid lots of money for doing sod all, and the longer they string things out the more money they make. We can send a rocket to space and land it on a barge in the Atlantic ocean, so in reality is not that difficult.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Out of control organisation, who can piss people around because they don't have anyone to answer too. That's the whole problem with the EU right there. How any remainer can support this is beyond me.

How can anyone support The Government who have completely unrealistic aims in these talks is beyond me

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just get the thing sorted. Trouble is too many people in that organisation get paid lots of money for doing sod all, and the longer they string things out the more money they make.

I agree, it's definitely a self-serving snouts-in-the-trough organisation. Always has been, always will be. Hopefully the nation will see this and vote the Tories out next month.

D

Deleted member 22389

How can anyone support The Government who have completely unrealistic aims in these talks is beyond me

The EU have got so used to doing what they want, getting what they want with everyone else's money they have forgotten what real democracy is all about. We really don't need a second layer of bureaucratic bullshit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Typical behaviour is Juncker's refusal to allow early discussions on the position of British ex-pats abroad and EU nationals in the UK, to bring about an early resolution and an ending to worry and uncertainty for these people.

In fairness to The EU they are remaining rigid on their refusal to sort this issue early.If there is a will there is a way,apparently it took them 4 minutes to sit down and sign a document of proposals they had already agreed to sign,which for them is some sort of record.(my personal best for signing a document is maybe 2 or at the most 4 seconds).
They have made it clear their priority is money first before the rights of citizens.Its The EU way, no one should really be surprised by the dragging of their feet.Nasty nasty organisation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The EU have got so used to doing what they want, getting what they want with everyone else's money they have forgotten what real democracy is all about. We really don't need a second layer of bureaucratic bullshit.

Democacry is the UK and the EU representing and doing the best for their respective citizens. I would feel very let down if my representatives didn't fight hard for me. I'm sure you would as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In fairness to The EU they are remaining rigid on their refusal to sort this issue early.If there is a will there is a way,apparently it took them 4 minutes to sit down and sign a document of proposals they had already agreed to sign,which for them is some sort of record.(my personal best for signing a document is maybe 2 or at the most 4 seconds).
They have made it clear their priority is money first before the rights of citizens.Its The EU way, no one should really be surprised by the dragging of their feet.Nasty nasty organisation.

Me and [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] have covered this already. For my reply see me quoted in #691

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They have made it clear their priority is money first before the rights of citizens.

Where was this? They have priorised 3 items. One is the rights of citizens.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, money first people later. Citizens are a EU bargaining chip. We are not surprised.

Not true. "Divorce" settlement - first phase of talks dealing with existing UK financial commitments to the EU, Northern Ireland border, residence rights of EU citizens". These are the items they want to deal with immediately in the first phase of talks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here