Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shortest Albion careers. One game wonders!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
James Harper had a Spanish passport too I believe.

Bizarrely Argentina would be quite high with Turienzo, Battipiedi and Baz

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

For football purposes, Harper is Scottish, regardless of passport.

For Argentina, you also have Tarrico..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thierry Racon?

Ooh. Had forgotten him. 'Good'* player.

*all things are relative.

However, subsequent research shows three international caps for GUADELOUPE, so you can't have him for this.

You can have him for THE LIST though :clap2: :clap2:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Romain VINCELOT though :facepalm:

A mate of mine referred to him phonetically in a very Aspinallesque manner as Vin-chent-a-lot. Probably our most GALLIC looking player.

Of course we all took the chronic out of him as if he'd come up with a weird Vincente/Vincelot chimera/medieval footballer of the round table.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Have we had Adrian Heft yet? 10 mins v Eastbourne Borough I think (could have been me if the then Mrs Pevenseagull hadn't said she'd leave me if I blew a grand on it........ wish I'd done it, she was ****ing horrible).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I have almost no recollection of that game or half our players even though I was there.

shit the bed that is an awful line up

I remember we were denied a stone wall pen and the referee falling over.

Don't remember any of those players playing. Jesus wept

I was at that Orient v Brighton match too. A miserable, gloomy day, I was all over the place and could barely walk but remember thinking it was a low point in my Albion-supporting life. Cheering on a team where I recognised only two players, McGleish scoring from a penalty and then afterwards I got into a bit of trouble with some plastic Man U fans in a pub near Liverpool St station.

Apparently, I was in the way of the telly as they watched Fulham v Man U in a cup match. I reminded them that Fulham was in London and so were we and that if they were that interested in the match, they could have bought a ticket to see it live...just as I had done with my team earlier that day. I may not have used those exact words.

In fact - I vaguely remember chatting with [MENTION=1022]Wilko[/MENTION] at HT in the stands.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Was David Yelldell the one who ran out at Elland Road for the second half in a bright pink goalie shirt to which the match announcer said directly to him words to the effect of "I hope for your sake son you have a decent second half wearing that shirt" ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Was David Yelldell the one who ran out at Elland Road for the second half in a bright pink goalie shirt to which the match announcer said directly to him words to the effect of "I hope for your sake son you have a decent second half wearing that shirt" ?

I think you're right. The chap who used to play in goal for the REMF Brighton team wore that particular jersey, if I recall correctly.

As an aside, I wonder why so many of these one-game wonders mentioned in this thread have been goalies. You'd have thought it would be the one position where it's very unfair to judge based on just one game. On this basis, Kuipers was extremely lucky because his first game was an absolute stinker.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yes.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Did Sommer follow in Meola's footsteps? I remember one but not the other weirdly.

So including Meola and Junior McDougald we've had 3 Americans play for us.

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere but wonder outside Spanish what's the most represented non U.K./Eire Nationality we've had on our books?

The Netherlands?

-Kuipers
-Holla
-Manu
-Roland Bergkamp
-Hans Kraay
-Kemi (at the time of signing, anyway)
-Van La Parra

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here