Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby Nearly Sold Out

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Agree...we could easily get 40k in the prem :)

40k for the big games but otherwise I can't see it.

The test isn't in the first season when the Prem will be new to everyone.The test will be in the 2nd/3rd season etc when people get used to seeing the big clubs.

People got used to the Amex quickly and season ticket sales went down.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
40k for the big games but otherwise I can't see it.

The test isn't in the first season when the Prem will be new to everyone.The test will be in the 2nd/3rd season etc when people get used to seeing the big clubs.

People got used to the Amex quickly and season ticket sales went down.

Season ticket sales for next season are the highest in the club's history.

DerbyRam1884

Apr 27, 2016
Hi all,

Derby fan here :) Just a few questions about Monday as its my first time in Brighton.

I'm staying in The Grand Brighton and according to Google maps its 5 miles away from the ground, is there any transport to and from the sea front up the stadium? If not can someone provide a reliable taxi number that I can use?

Also any recommended pubs?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hi all,

Derby fan here :) Just a few questions about Monday as its my first time in Brighton.

I'm staying in The Grand Brighton and according to Google maps its 5 miles away from the ground, is there any transport to and from the sea front up the stadium? If not can someone provide a reliable taxi number that I can use?

Welcome to NSC. Normal way to the ground would be using Brighton train station and free train to Falmer. If money is not an issue then I'm sure The Grand will book you a taxi - cost c. £20...?

Brightonians might be able to give more help.

DerbyRam1884

Apr 27, 2016
Regarding the match I think we're only bringing 1,000 due to the play-offs and the distance down south. But with that said we only took 1,000 to Bristol last Tuesday and the atmosphere was better than a few 4,000+ away days I've been to this year. It'll be interesting to see how the teams shape up as our manager has publicly stated that he wants to go into plays full of confidence and unbeaten. The way Burnley have been playing lately I can't see them dropping out of automatics but a draw against us could mean the difference going into Boro. Personally I think the rational thing for Hughton to do is attack and press us high for 65 minutes and then if still level play for the draw. Regardless it should be a cracking game.

DerbyRam1884

Apr 27, 2016
Welcome to NSC. Normal way to the ground would be using Brighton train station and free train to Falmer. If money is not an issue then I'm sure The Grand will book you a taxi - cost c. £20...?

Brightonians might be able to give more help.

Walking back to the train station isn't a problem, Am I correct to say its a straight walking down Queens Road?
Cheers for the response

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Walking back to the train station isn't a problem, Am I correct to say its a straight walking down Queens Road?
Cheers for the response
"Up" to the station. But, yes, straightforward.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ticket sales in the prem are pretty good. 12 teams have an average of over 95% capacity. Apart from Aston Villa and Sunderland, the rest are over 90%.

If we went up I would suspect for at least the first season we would pretty much sell out for most games. Who knows after that!

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Hi all,

Walk up to the station... 10-15 mins.... get a free train to and from ground... Falmer is 100 yards from Amex.

Dozens and dozens of good pubs all the way from Grand to Station...take your pick.... but head a little earlier into the North Laine area... it heads up to the station... try the White Rabbit.

Pubs round the station are mostly home pubs... but if you keep a lowish profile all will be well in any of the many round the station. ... some do check for home tickets.... as does the Swan at Falmer for big games.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Hi all,

Walk up West Street into Queens all the way to station and use the free travel concession on your ticket to hop on a train to Falmer.

There's a plethora of pubs around Brighton, some on here would be able to better advise on that, just note that the stadium is embedded within the south downs next to 2 universities with very little of interest around, so take the train back to Brighton afterwards unless you want to mingle in the NS concourse.

DerbyRam1884

Apr 27, 2016
Walk up to the station... 10-15 mins.... get a free train to and from ground... Falmer is 100 yards from Amex.

Dozens and dozens of good pubs all the way from Grand to Station...take your pick.... but head a little earlier into the North Laine area... it heads up to the station... try the White Rabbit.

Pubs round the station are mostly home pubs... but if you keep a lowish profile all will be well in any of the many round the station. ... some do check for home tickets.... as does the Swan at Falmer for big games.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks matey, a friend of mine recommended MEATLiquor is that any good for food and drink?

D

Deleted User X18H

Hi all,

The Grand is about 2.5 maybe 3 miles from the Amex. There are a variety of buses included in price of your ticket you can get. Ask for directions to the Old Steine them use a 25,28 or 29.
The railway station is about half a mile uphill from the Grand. Trains leave for Falmer at regular intervals but get there early.
Brighton has sadly become a mini London so taxis are on tap to flag down . I wouldn't advise using one though the A27!by he stadium gets very busy and taxis in Brighton like London are very expensive . Drink at the Stadium they will no doubt have Pedigree on tap.

Last edited:

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
That was probably because we were a bit shit though wasn't it?

That's just it though isn't it.Obviously the better we are the more the crowds will come.If we get to the Prem and once that novelty has worn of
then assuming we are struggling at mid to low table then I don't see crowds of 40K.

I don't know what's better. A packed 32K stadium or 36K and 4K empty seats.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Grand is about 2.5 maybe 3 miles from the Amex. There are a variety of buses included in price of your ticket you can get. Ask for directions to the Old Steine them use a 25,28 or 29.
The railway station is about half a mile uphill from the Grand. Trains leave for Falmer at regular intervals but get there early.

I agree with this. From the Grand, the bus is the best option. The Steine is about five minutes away and there's generally only about five minutes to wait until a 25, 28 or 29 comes along. He could even get the 24 to Coldean Lane and walk the last half-mile

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here