Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably, those free countries which have great models to follow

What with the post-Brexit arms deal with that human rights horror show from Turkey the UK really is shaping up to be a British Burma....just without the good weather.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I don't know whether you are being naive or intransigent but do you honestly think you can move to any non-EU country you want to and start working there legally without a by-your-leave from the authorities?

The conditions placed by some countries on foreigners is not just to control their labour market, it is also to prevent bad people from turning up to harm their citizens.

Given your unequivocal commitment to EU freedom of movement I know you may need some time to process that information...........in you own time.

You spoke about how uncomplicated it was to align the supply and demand of labour. I queried this in a non-confrontational way, and asked a specific question about one of your claims. In your response (above) you completely ignored what I said and asked, going off on a separate tangent and resorting to name-calling and sarcasm. I leave others to draw their own conclusions, but you don't do yourself any favours.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have not ducked anything, I have responded to you clearly.

The vast majority of developed countries around the world place restrictions on who can work in their countries whilst not placing restrictions on their own citizens internally. The EU's freedom of movement principle is an outlier not the norm.

If you are unable to internally process this relatively simple position I cannot help you.

No you haven't, you have ducked it again. I understand what the norm is in other countries.

You suggested earlier something different, I have asked you to explain that.
Just to jog your memory, in response to a question along the lines of why a free market is a problem across the EU but not across the UK, you said the freedom of labour is disastrous, and that your view applied equally across a nation or a bloc of nations such as the EU.
You now seem to say that freedom of labour within the UK is fine, and only just enough workers from outside to fill gaps, as is the ideal around the world.
Which kind of makes a nonsense of your earlier response.

So please, either admit you were talking bollocks in the initial response to Lincoln Imp, and you now love the freedom of labour inside national borders, or explain how you would not have a free market for labour in the UK, without restricting UK workers.
I await your next sidestep.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why do you make things so bleeding complicated.
Citizens of their own respected countries should be given priorities at any cost especially when it comes to work and foreign workers. the foreign worker therefore and rightly so should receive restrictions...

Because your man fergus claimed that freedom of labour was disastrous, and that applied inside the UK, as much as inside the EU. He ****ed up basically because he did not think trough the implications, like most leave voters. And again, like most leave voters, can't admit it. I am only pushing it because he threw his toys out of the pram over the suggestion that he had ever said any such thing, and when shown that he had, tried to melt it away with guff.
Gutless.

Last edited:

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I don't see it as nit picking. We currently live in a free society which is based around free enterprise. The OP has stated that he wants far more intervention by Government to control supply and demand to control wages and employment. The OP has stated that this is easy to do and many countries do this.
However when asked how and where there is silence.
All there is, which you have repeated is British workers should be placed 1st over everyone else.

Just on one level how does this get round discrimination legislation or are we now saying that gets ripped up to be replaced by positive discrimination.

So this would mean Bruno Uwe Kayal Hemed all out as they are taking British jobs.

With America 1st UK 1st isolation rules.

You bring up discrimination as if us Brits haven't suffered discrimination ourselves. tell me when work suddenly dries up a British employee gets fired on grounds that it would be far easier to remove the Brit rather than face discriminatory charges made by some foreigner.. is this discrimination ?. .tell me.. on a daily basis us Brits are being reminded of how lazy and useless we all are and how the NHS would fall to bits if it were not for the wonderful work put in by foreigners ,hardly anyone could dispute the fact that they do a grand job but lo deliberately rule out the hard work put in by the thousands of Brits who work alongside them is that not also discriminatory ?. discrimination works both ways mate and the gross obsession for the word isn't at all healthy.
In cases of football players such as Bruno ...certainly work visas permits etc wouldn't go a miss.
I'm not a fan of big government in any shape or form but is some cases big government is necessary. it's about common sense mate.. it works every time when it is put in to practice.. :wink: , .

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You bring up discrimination as if us Brits haven't suffered discrimination ourselves. tell me when work suddenly dries up a British employee gets fired on grounds that it would be far easier to remove the Brit rather than face discriminatory charges made by some foreigner.. is this discrimination ?. .tell me.. on a daily basis us Brits are being reminded of how lazy and useless we all are and how the NHS would fall to bits if it were not for the wonderful work put in by foreigners ,hardly anyone could dispute the fact that they do a grand job but lo deliberately rule out the hard work put in by the thousands of Brits who work alongside them is that not also discriminatory ?. discrimination works both ways mate and the gross obsession for the word isn't at all healthy.
In cases of football players such as Bruno ...certainly work visas permits etc wouldn't go a miss.
I'm not a fan of big government in any shape or form but is some cases big government is necessary. it's about common sense mate.. it works every time when it is put in to practice.. :wink: , .

Do you have any credible evidence of this bs?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They could just batter him into submission. I see the trusty old you avoid/swerved the question, when the answer does not fit.
Must be exciting spending Sunday afternoon trawling back through posts.

You really are detached from reality. Perhaps given your vast experience of responding fully to the question posed you can enlighten everyone by providing the response that [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] has provided to the questions asked rather than an answer to a question he has asked himself.

Im sure you will be able to do this very very quickly as you always fully answer any question asked of you directly and never ever go off in a tangent to provide a response to something that hasn't been asked so will be able to immediately spot his answer which us mere mortals are unable to do.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Do you have any credible evidence of this bs?

Do you think i get great pleasure of making sh*t like this up. happened at the mrs work place as it happens, wont name it for reasons it could have consequences.
In fact Dave there is another dispute running right this very moment, since the other idiot finally saw sense and f*cked off another idiot has decided to do the same. the fella is bone idle and totally useless, my mrs has to do double the work to make up for this lazy git.. he told the governor what to expect had they ever try getting shot of him..

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

First off, if the situation you describe of a Brit getting the sack instead of a non brit because the employer doesn't want to risk a complaint of racism has ever happened, that would be discrimination. Has there been a case like this at tribunal ever?
Secondly, when we are talking about restricting immigration, why would the conversation turn to how much we rely on the indigenous population? They will have no problem in being employed by the NHS.
I agree with the application of common sense, try using it yourself.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Do you think i get great pleasure of making sh*t like this up. happened at the mrs work place as it happens, wont name it for reasons it could have consequences.
In fact Dave there is another dispute running right this very moment, since the other idiot finally saw sense and f*cked off another idiot has decided to do the same. the fella is bone idle and totally useless, my mrs has to do double the work to make up for this lazy git.. he told the governor what to expect had they ever try getting shot of him..

All the employer need do is prove he has reasonable grounds for sacking the lazy git, and his dismissal was about his suitability for the work, and not about his race, religion, or just a general dislike of the bloke.
It does work both ways, a few years ago the Commission for Racial Equality embarrassingly lost an employment tribunal case, because a white applicant for a senior position was turned down on the basis that he was not from a racial minority.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

So, no credible evidence. Thanks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here