Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Izzy Brown Go Home

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Defensive duties poor in first half so what. His attacking skills are whats important and thay are better then Gross . Couldnt understand why taken off when playing very well Gross should have come off

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BG still off the same opinion! How on earth anybody good have judged him thus far on his 10 minute snippets he has been getting is beyond me. Coming on playing in different positions. Was cleatly frustrated tracking back in the first half (which is how Chris wants who ever plays on the wing to do), but was allowed to be set free alittle in the second. A gifted player, beats a man with ease, has ability, needs game time. Sitting just off the main striker is where he excels.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

Hey lighten up.

Let's give BG a few days to realise finally admitting he was wrong about Ryan hasn't had a dramatic effect on the planets rotation.
Who knows he might even work out a bit of humility goes a long way.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Compared to others not sure I could call him any more poor than anyone else first half, great 2nd half though as you say, and again as per his short cameo Tuesday, the only player who gets beyond Murray. I can see why CH is keen to integrate him into the side.

Good point re closeness to Murray, for me Gross is not close enough at times.

Would like to see him play at no 10 and either Gross rested or played instead of Stephens or Propper.

(I do like Gross though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For his first full game of the season I thought he did well, there were far worse performances from others today. Give the lad a break. I would have left him on and taken Gross off personally

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Murray should’ve come off, Izquierdo on and Brown down the middle.

Exactly. And March AND Knocky on the wings. Well, maybe not Knocky. He was poor again.

I like the idea of Izzy and Izzy down he middle very much.

Brown was very contrite when subbed off. CH knows how to manage men.

I presume Kayal is still not right> Kayal and Stephens....

Next game we will see Hemed on his own up front, to be replaced by Murray later. The formation won't change and we could pay for it in a low scoring game. If we stay up, then so be it. I guess. What the f do I know, anyway?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Murray should’ve come off, Izquierdo on and Brown down the middle.

Exactly. And March AND Knocky on the wings. Well, maybe not Knocky. He was poor again.

I presume Kayal is still not right.... Kayal and Stephens....

Next game we will see Hemed on his own up front, to be replaced by Murray later. The formation won't change and we could pay for it in a low scoring game. If we stay up, then so be it. I guess. What the f do I know, anyway?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The jury was distinctly out on Izzy albeit any assessment was based on limited game time. However, when given some serious game time today he was easily one of our best players in a very difficult game.

Whether he can perform consistently particularly against poorer sides is another matter. On the basis that he won't ever get near the Chelsea first team you have to think he must be motivated to put himself in the shop window.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I presume Kayal is still not right.... Kayal and Stephens....

Watched a different game to me.

Thought Knockaert’s workrate was excellent and he continued his improved form.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Hey lighten up.

Let's give BG a few days to realise finally admitting he was wrong about Ryan hasn't had a dramatic effect on the planets rotation.
Who knows he might even work out a bit of humility goes a long way.
Ha ha, ok - fair enough, oh agree with your ESL comments re Bong, and the whinging of miss placed pacing. The moaning and picnic sessions in the ESL is ridiculous. At least Bong is mentally strong.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Watched a different game to me.

Thought Knockaert’s workrate was excellent and he continued his improved form.

Hmm Knock is a real dilemma at moment. His workrate is good but if his primary function is to create and score goals I feel that the step up in class and defender is finding him out. And maybe Leicester fans could testify to that? And twice today he was doing the fancy dan stuff in dangerous areas when the percentage simple stuff would have sufficed. On really positive note his body language has improved with less of the hissy fit moaning at his colleagues

Really hope he can come good because he was so instrumental in getting us into the Premier league.

Kauto Star

Mar 2, 2017
A rare post here but anyone who didnt think he was our best player today must have been watching a different match

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hmm Knock is a real dilemma at moment. His workrate is good but if his primary function is to create and score goals I feel that the step up in class and defender is finding him out. And maybe Leicester fans could testify to that? And twice today he was doing the fancy dan stuff in dangerous areas when the percentage simple stuff would have sufficed. On really positive note his body language has improved with less of the hissy fit moaning at his colleagues

Really hope he can come good because he was so instrumental in getting us into the Premier league.

Yes, body language much better. I think the trouble is, he is so one footed, decent defenders can work him out quite easily. However, I think he is one mazy dribble away from returning to top form.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought he hda poor 1st half but much improved 2nd. I thought that Gross had his worst game for us and would consider Kayal for Propper at Huddesfield and Propper for Gross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here