Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The official thread: I am bored of the news coverage of...

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You must be blinkered....How about Commander in Chief of "British Armed Forces".

Although you probably believe our armed forces are irrelevant and unimportant.

Suggest you look at what the Queen and Prince Philip have done for this country and indeed the world over the last 70 years.

pull the other one. As an non elected head of state she sits as the figure head but has no actual responsibility for the day to day operation of the armed forces. Now if you were to ask me if the Defence Secretary or Chief of the Defence Staff has a significant roll I would say yes.

Bottom line is that as an undemocratically elected head of state the power she has is very limited and therefore the position becomes diluted and weakened to the point where modern day Britain would survive just fine (or better) without her.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You must be blinkered....How about Commander in Chief of "British Armed Forces".

Although you probably believe our armed forces are irrelevant and unimportant.

Suggest you look at what the Queen and Prince Philip have done for this country and indeed the world over the last 70 years.

Can you explain hat the Queen and Prince Philip have done for this country and indeed the world over the last 70 years?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Imagine, just imagine, hypothetically speaking that the next in line to the thrown was a complete Wally!

Due to the nature of the system this Wally will be King or Queen through right……..because they won the biological lottery.

If, as some say, the Head of State holds no real power or influence and is simply a good figurehead for the nation which is better in place than the alternative the only downside is that we have a Wally in the thrown.

However, if you are a believer that the head of state has a real genuine and tangible responsibility in the Country or the Commonwealth it means we would be in a dangerous situation with a Wally leading our Armed forces for example.

Either argument simply draws me to the opinion that having an undemocratically elected Head of State is either dangerous or worthless. The bit I really don’t like about it is that we could have a Wally as King or Queen and as it stands there is nothing you or I could do about it.

On Harry, good luck to him, he seems OK. If I had his wealth and time I would invest my time in doing good work with charities too.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Nothing against them personally, and wish them all the best as a couple, but it's the inevitable orgy of sentimental tabloid nonsense and borderline hysteria that pisses me off; Daily Mail readers wetting themselves, and doubtless denouncing anyone who doesn't join as 'enemies within'.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
It is reported that she is going to take British Citizenship. Will she have to fill in an 80 page application form and take an exam to prove her knowledge of Britain? I thought Not!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here