Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Gallagher single in 15 years

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
You're joking, right? I'm a massive Oasis fan but his new single is nowhere near as good as the ones off his last two albums, or Liam's for that matter.

I'm starting to think he's actually lost it.

Its 'Be Here Now' by the way. [emoji16]

I'm not joking. And I've got and listened to em all .

But you're right. It's here. :)

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Well the performance he gave at Manchester and the one he gave on GN were absolutely dire. His voice is weak and nasally. He also appeared off his mittens on GN. Bit sad for a 45 yr old. I'm sure he will continue to do very well though.

Again I have to disagree. His performance at the Manchester gig seriously made me sit up and think that this isn’t the liam I remember of recent years. He nailed that gig, I couldn’t believe that it was the same Liam from previous years. As for GN show, you need to know the Liam from years gone by and remember he’s the Liam a generation LOVE. Like I said, he ain’t perfect but he’s a ****ing proper rock and roll star!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Again I have to disagree. His performance at the Manchester gig seriously made me sit up and think that this isn’t the liam I remember of recent years. He nailed that gig, I couldn’t believe that it was the same Liam from previous years. As for GN show, you need to know the Liam from years gone by and remember he’s the Liam a generation LOVE. Like I said, he ain’t perfect but he’s a ****ing proper rock and roll star!

I know the Liam from years gone by thanks. I liked Oasis. I was in my early twenties when Oasis broke, I was in the thick of it. I like him. His voice is trashed. But it wasn't his voice that made him great, it was his attitude which he still has .

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Look I ****ing love Oasis, their music defend my youth. Some get it, most don’t.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lol, it isn’t.

Okay. Glad you're enjoying his new stuff. I was more into your Soundgardens and Pearl Jam and Pixies. Singers with serious vocal talent but Oasis where everywhere when I was in my early twenties and I have soft spot for them as their music was on in every pub in every town, it's a sound of my youth.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Okay. Glad you're enjoying his new stuff. I was more into your Soundgardens and Pearl Jam and Pixies. Singers with serious vocal talent but Oasis where everywhere when I was in my early twenties and I have soft spot for them as their music was on in every pub in every town, it's a sound of my youth.

Are you suggesting that Liam Gallagher didn’t have a SERIOUS vocal talent? The boy blew everyone out of the water, by miles!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Each to their own, but I consider Liam to be absolutely up there with those guys in terms of vocal talent. He's one of the greats.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I didn't for one second think he was anything but soft. Clothing obsessed pretty boy who pays too much attention to his hair. I liked Oasis. Mainly because they represented the 90's for me, my favourite decade, my coming of age years. But he was, is and always will be a bit of a plum.

I meant more, he sounds like 'his heart's in the right place' more than 'he's not 'ard.'

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Each to their own, but I consider Liam to be absolutely up there with those guys in terms of vocal talent. He's one of the greats.

As you say each to this own, but Liam has always been 90% attitude and 10% vocal talent imo.

It's part of the reason Oasis got so bad live. When he can't be arsed (to even finish singing a line) and the rest of the band stand around like lemons, it really doesn't leave much.

Still, it was GREAT while it lasted (what, two or three years at the top of their game?).

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've heard it a few times now and all I can think of is that I know Noel always liked Slade.

As I posted previously I never thought that Liam could bring out better material than Noel but he has. Wall Of Glass and to a lesser extent For What It's Worth both piss all over the Noel tune for me.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I think there is 3 or 4 very good songs on Liam's new album and I'm team Noel myself.
I like Paper Crown the most at the moment.

Yeah I agree. I liked I Get By and You Better Run, but the may lows on that album are way low. I struggled to finish it and won't be diving back in.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Liam's voice is incredible on the vocals-only versions of the first two albums. It's gutting that he never did anything more interesting with it than Scorpio Rising.

Similarly, for Noel to have worked with Amorphous Androgynous and then come up with the guff he has for the last ten years is akin to your uncle declaring his far-out tastes and then parading around in a Fat Face t-shirt.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
anyone moaning about Gallaghers voice needs to wake up.

More to it

X factor generation

I can't be arsed to sit down and work it out but I'd imagine The acts on the X Factor have produced more good songs since it launched in 2004 than the Gallagher brothers have. Not that I mean that as a recommendation, mind.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here