Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand looks dreadful when mostly empty!

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
I don't know about the rest of you but when I looked at the mostly empty south stand yesterday I thought it just looked awful! and I was wondering why cant we sell more South stand tickets to our own fans and put the the away fans, especially those of poorly supported teams, out of the way at a corner of the upper west stand , bit like at Newcastle and many grounds Nowadays. Two things this does it nullifies the support of the away team and looks much better on TV! and yes, im ready for disparaging remarks from STH in the upper west!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not at all. There have been a couple of threads today about selling more seats and all were a valid argument, but i wondered and was going to post (but could not be bothered) that how much of it was down to the fact that the cameras show the emptyish stand and SE corner and make the Amex look empty when it is not. I think people see that on the highlights and cringe that our lovely stadium looks empty, i certainly do, dont know why and i have no reason to cringe.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Don't see what difference it makes to TV viewers really. From my viewpoint the stadium appears pretty full, we had over 24,000 and the away fans are correctly positioned in the SE. There were spaces scattered everywhere yesterday, they will fill I am sure.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't know about the rest of you but when I looked at the mostly empty south stand yesterday I thought it just looked awful! and I was wondering why cant we sell more South stand tickets to our own fans and put the the away fans, especially those of poorly supported teams, out of the way at a corner of the upper west stand , bit like at Newcastle and many grounds Nowadays. Two things this does it nullifies the support of the away team and looks much better on TV! and yes, im ready for disparaging remarks from STH in the upper west!
You don't really put away fans in your main stand do you?thats silly,but we could stick them in the west lower corner or the east lower.
The west upper is a no go for visiting fans :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Having the action shot from the West has always been a disaster. The triple tiered West, the jewel in the Amex crown, and mostly well packed over the last few seasons, never gets shown and instead the watching public get to see the perennially empty south end of the ESL (even for the Derby play off game FFS!) every time the action goes down that end.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Having the action shot from the West has always been a disaster. The triple tiered West, the jewel in the Amex crown, and mostly well packed over the last few seasons, never gets shown and instead the watching public get to see the perennially empty south end of the ESL (even for the Derby play off game FFS!) every time the action goes down that end.

Thats what i was trying to say, thanks. Its that age old problem of worrying about what other people are thinking.
Why do i find myself agreeing with most of your posts and threads.

D

Deleted member 18477

Yes but the camera would be in direct sunlight if on the east would it not? We get to the prem, then we sell every seat, simple as that! Hardly on tele unless you're in the prem or Leeds...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just out of interest. Did the West Stand look full. I sit in WSU but obviously you can't see your own stand,

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
definitely need home fans behind both goals.Most teams do it these days,

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Both Derby and Middlesboro have moved the away fans from behind the goal to the corner.
Forest have also reduced the number of tickets to away fans as their fans said they wanted to sit behind the goal at that end.
I cannot understand the comment above about the WSU being a no go for visiting fans when we have given it already to the notorious Chelsea mob.
The south stand should be for home season ticket holders and potg with the away fans out of the way in WSU.
If there are any issues the fans can be held up there and home fans can continue on their way home unaffected.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here