Votes: 180 54.7%
  • Remain / No deal

Votes: 39 11.9%

• Total voters

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
She's just one pro-EU Norwegian politician who isn't speaking for the The Norwegian Government.

We’ll never get into EFTA as they would never have us. It’s not just this one Norwegian saying this.

The EU, who could give us an identical deal to Norway's with a custom union outside of EFTA if we asked for it.

This is true but then why implement EU laws when we’ve played no part in forming them?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We’ll never get into EFTA as they would never have us. It’s not just this one Norwegian saying this.

You then have The Foreign Minister of Iceland saying we will though, if we wanted, as did a former Swiss ambassador to London. It's swings and roundabouts though and whoever is speaking is just playing to a different audience and telling them what they want to hear.

This is true but then why implement EU laws when we’ve had no part in forming them?

I agree and it's really only an option for parliament to consider once no deal territory is hit if May's deal is still a non runner, but it's still far more likely than no deal though.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The leavers never voted for something in 2016, they voted against something. Now they've been asked what they're for, they can't come to an agreement. The only valid response is to ask a slightly more complicated question, involving three alternatives that are all for something.

You can just as easily say Leavers voted for leaving the EU and remainers voted against.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Read what I said. I obviously haven't come across your drivers. That doesn't make my statement wrong.

NHS applicants from non-EU countries have to be fluent in English.No such requirement applies to EU applicants,unless the rules have changed very recently.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
:facepalm:

So if the vote was to leave, you don't care whether it's TM's soft Brexit, or No Deal, it's the same to you? That's a weird stance for a remainer.

Doesn't feel at all weird to me. I want to remain, and would never vote for any of the other options because I don't believe in them.

I know the poll is only here as a talking point, and it's done its job in that respect. But if there is a second referendum the choices almost certainly won't be presented in this way. The current thinking is that there'd be another straight Leave/Remain option and then, a fortnight later (if Leave wins), a binary choice on the terms of the Brexit.

But who knows. It's a bleeding mess and anything is possible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think this route would confuse Frank from Huddersfield who just wants to get rid of brown people.

I suspect that 'Frank from Huddersfield' (is he any relative of the man on the Clapham omnibus, I wonder?) has realised that the vast majority of the brown people came originally from Africa, the Caribbean and the Sub-continent, so nothing to do with the EU.

And I also suspect that 'Frank from Huddersfield', if asked again if he wants to leave the EU would reply, "Too bloody right I do!"

Which rather makes that particular remainer sneer look rather like the Emperor's New Clothes..........

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm with the good guys. Glad to see we prevail (on NSC at least).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Most of them already do.Zimbabwe,and the Phillipines provide excellent nurses for example,who are all required to have good spoken English,unlike the EU ones.

Yeah, those EU medics are shite, like that Danish bloke who saved my baby son's life.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You won't get anywhere with the EU until you leave,So just pull out and then start talking.While you're in they will always play hard ball !!
Won't be staying in so pointless mentioning that to be honest.
Brighton is the liberal remain capital so not a surprise what most want.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Most of them already do.Zimbabwe,and the Phillipines provide excellent nurses for example,who are all required to have good spoken English,unlike the EU ones.

Incorrect.
Nurses trained outside of the UK must also meet the English language standards set by the NMC. This can be demonstrated:

by successfully completing a language test such as an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) achieving a minimum overall level of 7 (from 5 December 2018, although, a minimum overall level of 7 is required, a level 6.5 in writing will be accepted alongside a level 7 in reading, listening and speaking), or the Occupational English Test (OET) at level B.

through evidence that their pre-registration nursing programme was taught and examined in English and that at least 50 per cent of the programme involved clinical interaction using English

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/nursing/information-overseas-nurses

Nurses trained in the EEA
Nurses who trained in the EEA must also meet the standards of the NMC before they can be considered for registration. The NMC will compare the training in your country with that required in the UK.

Following the recognition of qualification, and before entry to the register, all applicants are required to supply evidence that they have the necessary knowledge of English. Communication is defined as speaking, reading, listening and writing.

Read more information about EEA registration on the NMC website.

Nurses who trained in the EEA who are not EEA nationals may be required to undertake one or both parts of the application process above.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah, those EU medics are shite, like that Danish bloke who saved my baby son's life.

The male Spanish nurse who cared for my Mum in the RSCH was brilliant. He was on the ball with all her medication, and took the time to explain everything to me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We have already had the vote as to whether to leave or not so we don’t want or need another that includes remain. That’s been decided. The only decision is what type of Brexit, therefore should be a referendum on that if we must have one. Personally I’d rather trust the elected MP’s on this who although not covering themselves in glory on this still know far more about what they are talking about than the majority of the electorate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't see it as a matter of good or bad, Harry. I think there are far more accurate adjectives. I just don't think I should post them.

'Normal' and 'certifiably bonkers' perhaps???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have already had the vote as to whether to leave or not so we don’t want or need another that includes remain. That’s been decided. The only decision is what type of Brexit, therefore should be a referendum on that if we must have one. Personally I’d rather trust the elected MP’s on this who although not covering themselves in glory on this still know far more about what they are talking about than the majority of the electorate.

You mean you actually trust politicians?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You can just as easily say Leavers voted for leaving the EU and remainers voted against.

No you can't. Stop speaking tosh. Everyone knew what staying in the EU would entail, not much different than what we'd experienced over the last forty years (beyond how it had evolved). No-one knew what the 'glorious future' outside the EU would be like, not least because nobody had anything to be held accountable to, and one of the campaigns had a deliberate strategy of saying different -- and often contradictory -- things to different constituencies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here