Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facts that will blow your mind

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you earn £14,260 or more a year you are among the 4% of the richest people on earth.

They also said that WW2 ended in 1990 or something stupid, and after asking when dinosaurs became extinct they said they haven't as existing birds (with their bipedal gait) have descended from dinosaurs :facepalm: Stupid program (although sometimes entertaining I grant you), created by an absolute tit of a man.
Aren't alligators or crocodiles (or maybe both) dinosaurs which never died out?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Spanish workers get paid double in July and December.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Brighton set their second Premier League record of the season in their 3-1 win against Palace.
It was the first time two substitutes had scored in the first half of a game.

Earlier this season Murray and Bruno set a new Premier League record when they became the oldest pair to combine for a goal in the 1-0 win against Wolves. With Murray 35 years and 32 days and Bruno 38 years and 25 days, their combined age was 73 years and 57 days. They beat the combined record of 72 years and 168 days when Paul Scholes (35y 273d) set up Ryan Giggs (36y 260d) to score for Manchester United against Newcastle in August, 2010.

Pendant alert - I believe they were the oldest outfield pair, I think it is Van Der Sar who set up somebody else who are the oldest pair

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I am closer to Copenhagen than I am to Unst in the Shetlands and that it takes me less time to walk there aswell

Shetland! I’m part of the Shetland genetic project. My Great Grandfather was from Mid Yell and I’ve tracked down a family tree going back to the 1700s

That side of the family Tree is Williamson and thx Nordic tradition of Omand is the middle name for all the girls born (my 7 year old has it...much to her disgust.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Hunstanton (Norfolk) is the only town on the east coast of Britain, where the sun sets over the sea.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Coconut water can be used as blood plasma!!!!

150 people die due to coconuts each year!!!!

I think I may have found a link!!!!!!!!!

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
There is not enough space in the known universe to write all the zeros in a googolplex.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
The girl pictured on the cover of 'My Sharona' by The Knack is the real-life Sharona about who the song was written.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You can fit every planet in our solar system between the earth and the moon.

Very nearly, but not quite: sum of diameters of all planets = ~243k miles; mean distance of Earth to moon = ~238k miles (unless you're excluding Earth in your definition of "every planet"?)

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Guinness estimates that 93,000 liters of beer are lost in facial hair each year in the UK alone.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Very nearly, but not quite: sum of diameters of all planets = ~243k miles; mean distance of Earth to moon = ~238k miles (unless you're excluding Earth in your definition of "every planet"?)

Of course he is, hence the word 'between'. You couldn't put the Earth between the Earth and anything, could you?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here