Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sir Christopher Chope

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Therein lies the point which sadly needs to be made, seeing as you're asleep at the wheel.

No, upskirting (in this context) is NOT considered illegal, and the Public Order legislation which is supposed to cover it isn't robust enough. It has been said on this thread already - it's just your pervert tendencies have blinded you to that.

Someone with Pervert tendencies ignores mass rape of children but thats another issue you cant grasp. There are plenty of laws you can enact for this, breach of the peace for example. If the laws are not robust enough then maybe they need sorting out.

Every issue does not need to collapse into the holy three but if your to busy grandstanding I doubt you would be able to see that.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Don't write on Twitter myself but I do get live news feeds and other stuff of interest. Only an utter fool, a dinosaur, a backward thinking Luddite would dismiss platforms such as Twitter. It's a vast vehicle for news and information with manifold facets and contributors. It's like saying you don't like the internet. Foolish in the extreme.

Other news platforms fine,but Twitter is full of stories like the Beckhams divorcing,spread by complete tools,with no reality to their postings.If you enjoy reading crap like that,then you are even sadder than I thought!:)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I haven't got a clue what you're on about. I'm not interested in females either dressed or not.

Im interested in females, I was expessing the point that offenders use camera phones which police would want to see and confiscate. Take no notice of London Irishes snide posts, hes got long form for posting much and saying little.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Other news platforms fine,but Twitter is full of stories like the Beckhams divorcing,spread by complete tools,with no reality to their postings.If you enjoy reading crap like that,then you are even sadder than I thought!:)

Firstly, let's re-establish one very important point ; I don't care what you think of me. Quite the opposite.
That's the housekeeping done, onto the matter in hand.
I don't think you understand, among many things, Twitter. One does not have to read tittle tattle, it' not Facebook. You choose who you follow. Hence I get about three or four alerts a day on subjects such as train problems, BHA, tide times on the Adur and a couple of movie news bits.
You, as per, have taken something you comprehensively do not understand and put your own particular brand of cotton headed ignorance onto it. You're a useless bloody article, you really are.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Im interested in females, I was expessing the point that offenders use camera phones which police would want to see and confiscate. Take no notice of London Irishes snide posts, hes got long form for posting much and saying little.

I know what offenders use. That's nothing to do with me, nor is any comment about London Irish.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Firstly, let's re-establish one very important point ; I don't care what you think of me. Quite the opposite.
That's the housekeeping done, onto the matter in hand.
I don't think you understand, among many things, Twitter. One does not have to read tittle tattle, it' not Facebook. You choose who you follow. Hence I get about three or four alerts a day on subjects such as train problems, BHA, tide times on the Adur and a couple of movie news bits.
You, as per, have taken something you comprehensively do not understand and put your own particular brand of cotton headed ignorance onto it. You're a useless bloody article, you really are.

Correct. The man's a complete no hoper.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's clearly a contentious issue: lawyer Nick Freeman (so-called Mr Loophole) tweeted earlier that women should "assume responsibility for their attire" and thus not place themselves in jeopardy from such people.

Perhaps his wealthy clients who get caught driving whilst shitfaced should assume responsibility for their positions and not buy cars, thus not placing themselves in jeopardy of arrest.

Check out Sophie Freeman (his daughter) on Twitter. She's called her Dad out for his stupid tweet. She's got more common sense in her little finger, than Mr Loophole has in his whole body.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

You do know that you can choose what and who to follow on Twitter, yes?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Triggered?

This looks like bad law to me when its a crime covered by other laws and gives the old bill another excuse to exercise power not "in the spirit of the law".
Identity/Gesture politics that deserves to be dumped and mocked.

Identity politics :facepalm: Another classic Looney take on an issue. Try going out every once in a while eh?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Identity politics :facepalm: Another classic Looney take on an issue. Try going out every once in a while eh?

Of course it is, firstly note all the abuse terms coming out, Dont like women or interested in women the conversely Im a pervert or participant.

Lazy abuse from people who believe falsely they hold a moral stance. This is another illusion created by identity politics.

I'll leave it here because Im going out.:eek:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course it is, firstly note all the abuse terms coming out, Dont like women or interested in women the conversely Im a pervert or participant.

Lazy abuse from people who believe falsely they hold a moral stance. This is another illusion created by identity politics.

I'll leave it here because Im going out.:eek:

What abuse? I said I am not interested in women, because I am a woman, and straight. There was no projection of any preferences to you.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
This plonker’s overriding objective is of getting in the way of what he sees as the nanny state. He objects to these little bills out of a matter of principle, he didn’t even know what upskirting was. He just objected, because that’s what he does on Fridays.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This plonker’s overriding objective is of getting in the way of what he sees as the nanny state. He objects to these little bills out of a matter of principle, he didn’t even know what upskirting was. He just objected, because that’s what he does on Fridays.

He doesn't like Private Member's bills, yet tried to bring in one of his own, to make patients pay for doctor's appointments.
Thankfully that was blocked too.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Do you want to give Plod the right to check your camera phone at a political demo? And arrest you for obstruction if you refuse? As this is an Offence committed with Camera usage as well as Muh Womyn.

Let me think .... hmmm .... would I prefer to give 'Plod' the right to check a phone after my daughter has suspected some pervert has taken a photo up her skirt ? Difficult one that ..... errr ..... YES. Feel free to sit in the perverts camp Looney but it says more about you than anyone else.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Back to the matter in hand, namely the MP. Article on Saturday night about him blocking a bill making the injuring of animals a criminal offence as well. Interview with a PC whose dog was almost killed by an assailant, the dog putting himself between the knife wielding attacker and the copper. In court there were no charges for almost killing the brave dog but when a bill was bought to parliament to close this loophole Sir Christopher again stood up and objected.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What abuse? I said I am not interested in women, because I am a woman, and straight. There was no projection of any preferences to you.

What you posted was..

" I'm not interested in females either dressed or not."

Misunderstanding a comma can give that 2 meanings My mistake.:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Let me think .... hmmm .... would I prefer to give 'Plod' the right to check a phone after my daughter has suspected some pervert has taken a photo up her skirt ? Difficult one that ..... errr ..... YES. Feel free to sit in the perverts camp Looney but it says more about you than anyone else.

Yes the straw man argument. Ive already said existing laws suffice or need beefing up but continue to sit in the "Give police more powers" camp, have you ever heard the police say they need less?

Maybe your just into people in uniform wealding excess power, theres a worfd for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here