Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Murphy

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I fear he will be more disappointed by his lack of game time!

But that will be the case for a lot of players. However, some of them will be needed more than expected due to injuries etc. Look at Uwe last season, he was fourth choice at the end of the January transfer window, and we signed Tomori too, yet within just over a month he is first choice for the rest of the season and did really well. I imagine Murphy will get a fair amount of chances as Knockaert and March is too attacking for a lot of games (and that's if they are both fit).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I tip Jamie Murphy to be player most likely to improve the Premier League standard of the players not been to top European League before (excludes Bruno). Jamie Murphy will have to improve to get into the starting XI. I expect because of injuries he will get starts.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
We'd better resolve that then. How about to the tune of "Ferry Cross the Mersey"............
"Oh Jamie, Jamie Murphy
Oh he's got the pace we love...."
I've got writers block for the rest but I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort and it might stop him feeling left out. Hope he doesn't read this thread or it'll ruin the surprise.
:)

'Martha My Dear' comes to mind:

'Murphy, my dear
Though I spend my days in contemplation
of
Your crossing skills
Maybe track back
As well as attack
Murphy my dear'

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Occasionally, I think that number 15 is a good player but last season it all seemed ot fizzle out outside the penalty area.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If AK is out for a while, and we don't sign other wingers under the #together non-recruitment policy, then Murphy, Skalak and March will get plenty of game time.

That is of course if we insist on playing two wingers!

That said, I'm sure our recruitment team will bring others in.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I fear he will be more disappointed by his lack of game time!

Lets wait and see.

Perhaps you overlooked my posts on the fact that CH often uses Jamie to stop counter attacks when we have corners by marking their fastest breaking player at the edge of the box. I have a feeling that might be more important when you come up against teams who will ''counter attack'' with even more pace than Championship sides do.

I get it. - You don't rate Jamie but your view is not shared by the Manager. The jury is out on him it seems. Some like him and some don't. Neither of us is totally right and neither of is totally wrong. We all look for different things in players when we go to watch and enjoy football. That's our prerogatives and that's why its great to get involved in and discuss.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Lets wait and see.

Perhaps you overlooked my posts on the fact that CH often uses Jamie to stop counter attacks when we have corners by marking their fastest breaking player at the edge of the box. I have a feeling that might be more important when you come up against teams who will ''counter attack'' with even more pace than Championship sides do.

I get it. - You don't rate Jamie but your view is not shared by the Manager. The jury is out on him it seems. Some like him and some don't. Neither of us is totally right and neither of is totally wrong. We all look for different things in players when we go to watch and enjoy football. That's our prerogatives and that's why its great to get involved in and discuss.

And you are in love with the man!!!

I didn't overlook your posts but if we aren't employing two wingers in a game don't you think we might have better midfielders to bolster that area than Jamie Murphy?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And you are in love with the man!!!

I didn't overlook your posts but if we aren't employing two wingers in a game don't you think we might have better midfielders to bolster that area than Jamie Murphy?

LOL LOL LOL

Can't say I am. Never met him since he left Motherwell.

Answer to second your question. Not yet but maybe soon.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is Jamie even currently ''Represented'' ? - I am not sure that he is

In the FA Agents Transactions Report for when he signed, his representative is given as Robert Segal from Impact Sports Management (who also represented Rohan Ince and Liam Ridgewell, for what it is worth).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In the FA Agents Transactions Report for when he signed, his representative is given as Robert Segal from Impact Sports Management (who also represented Rohan Ince and Liam Ridgewell, for what it is worth).

That's interesting. Probably an ''ad hoc'' appointment then. Most players don't have Agents constantly acting except the bigger ones who have interests outside of football

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Assume Chris Wilder's speaking hypothetically here, rather than expecting an imminent windfall from Mr Murphy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40654881

"We've done fantastically well in terms of protecting ourselves with the likes of Jamie Murphy, Kyle Walker and Harry Maguire," Wilder said.

The Blades are reportedly due 10% of the transfer fees paid to Walker's former club Tottenham, and Hull City for Maguire, while the same will also apply if Murphy moves on from current club Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here