Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, which players have you seen against us at the Amex would you take a punt on ?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
That said, Tammy Abraham on loan could be a good piece of business..

I think it is a no brainer that we should try and get him on loan for a year, a good deal for both clubs, a piece of business that could be done early.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I would imagine Fulham if not promoted will be mobbed for Cairney and young Sessegnon so i suspect we maybe well down the pecking order for those two , Brentford have a few that i wouldn't mind taking off their hands Jota looks a complete nightmare to defend against , i really like Kerim Frei from brum although i think he has only just signed for them in january , Sylla is another forward i like from QPR , on the goalkeeping front i think we already have a premier league ready duo in Stockdale and in Niki Mäenpää i think he will be just fine i really do think he is a fantastic keeper .

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Are we building our team ready for Championship football again?

I really don't get the want for Championship players. Jota, Cairney etc. are unproven at Prem level just like majority of our squad. Prem experience. That is what we need and I think we only need a handful of players anyway. Cautious signings in the summer, see where we're at come January. I believe that the players we have now have the ability for us to survive in the Prem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With all the names being banded about I dont know why we cant go the whole hog and go to Spurs with an offer for Alli and Erickson I am sure they would listen to offers in excess of £125m.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
not sure why some have dismissed Tomori , a quick / agile centre back will be an asset and expect he would be keen, he can bring along his mate Abrahams.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
not sure why some have dismissed Tomori , a quick / agile centre back will be an asset and expect he would be keen,

He'd be the first player on my list. As I said on another thread, I think he's going to be a real star of the future

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Personally my start of summer shopping list would be;

Michael Vorm - GK - Tottenham - £5m: Year left on his contract but after only playing 11 games in all competitions this season he'll probably be looking to move on. I know I'll probably get stick for this but he's an excellent keeper with a lot of Prem experience. Him and Stockdale would be excellent options

Charlie Taylor - LB - Leeds - Free(ish): Excellent young LB who's out of contract with Leeds in the summer. We'd probably be looking at a hefty whack of compensation but he's better than anything we have and if he copes with the step up to the Prem then we'll turn a profit on him. If Leeds don't go up then we should seriously look at him.

John Terry - CB - Chelsea - Free: Says he wants to leave Chelsea for a new challenge. That either means America, China or a bottom half Prem team. Even if he wasn't starting, the knowledge he could give to Dunk, Duffy, Goldson & Dalison would be priceless. Give him a player/coach role for two years.

Jack Cork- CM - Swansea - £8m: I think there will be a lot of times next season where we play a 3 man midfield, so we'll need 2 more CM's in my opinion and that's if Stephens stays! Cork would be an excellent addition. Premier League experience, and good at breaking up play. Basically a younger Sidwell.

Shane Long - ST - Southampton - 15m: Exacrly what we would need next year. A direct upgrade on Baldock, with the added bonus of being able to operate comfortably on the left wing if we're playing 4-3-3 away from home.

Leaving us with a team of;

Vorm
Bruno - Dunk - Duffy - Taylor
Knockaert - Stephens - Cork - March
Murray - Long

Subs; Stockdale, Terry, Rosenior, Kayal, Murphy, Baldock, Hemed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here