Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great night for us...

Siney

Jan 22, 2008
Because it changes nothing. Before tonight it was 'win our last 4, we go up' just now it's 'win our last 3 we go up and as champions potentially'

We will not beat Boro away. I am sorry for sounding like a **** but we need Burnley to drop points.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its in OUR hands. Would rather have that and I bet the players would as well.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The draw has not changed to much for us, we still need to win the last 3 games. But Burnley can draw against Preston then win final 2. Boro can now afford to win next 2 and draw against us.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We will not beat Boro away. I am sorry for sounding like a **** but we need Burnley to drop points.

I think we will. Its all about opinions. This is probably the mentally stromgest Albion side I have seen since Mickey Adams pt1

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why are people acting like the equaliser means nothing, its a huge point for Burnley and a point that could put us out of the top 2 come the end of the season.
Because nothing changes.

Fate decreed since the Burnley draw that we needed to win all remaining games.

We now need to win 3 rather than the 4 we had to win before beating QPR.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why are people acting like the equaliser means nothing, its a huge point for Burnley and a point that could put us out of the top 2 come the end of the season.

Thanks for that insight, I look forward to your views on how we should strengthen in the January transfer window.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Why not? We're in the best form and playing the best football of all three and have been for long spells of the season. The team's got great character, an excellent bench that can really change games and in a tight game, Knockaert and Skalak's deliveries mean we might just need a corner or free-kick to nick it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Was when I heard the equaliser at Turf Moor. But its still in our hands, we need to just concentrate on Charlton and pray for a big win to close the GD

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Because it changes nothing. Before tonight it was 'win our last 4, we go up' just now it's 'win our last 3 we go up and as champions potentially'

Even though the draw is a disaster (despite several disagreeing), it has changed slightly as we now 3 wins and there is now also a very small chance we could catch the GD. Also it now means we could even be champions.

Boro 1-0 Ipswich
Boro 1-1 bham
Brighton 4-0 Charlton
Brighton 1-0 Derby

Means we just need a point at boro as we have scored more goals.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Two sides in our grasp now and we look red hot at the moment...Rather chase two spots than one and if it comes to the last game then so be it as we are looking the more confident of the three:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Happy days

Say it quietly, building up to a storming crescendo up to the Boro game "We're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league, and now you're gonna believe us, we're gonna win the league".

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Would have preferred that Boro held on, and it now looks certain that we need to win the next 2 and get something at Boro - possibly even a win. but still positives:-
- we are clearly playing better than the other 2. I see their fans are complaining about sides "rolling over for us" but we know that we put the London boys to the sword
- Burnley increasingly looking like we did towards the end of our unbeaten run; toughing out results and holding on to their run by willpower and Keane's aerial ability alone
- Boro aren't playing well and could be scarred by the equaliser. I don't think they're as mentally tough as us and Burnley. They were about 3 minutes away from being more or less promoted, and I'm hoping they're still thinking about what could have been when Murphy puts Ipswich ahead in their next game.
- still 2 places to play for...we could still win the title!

In my usual glass half-full style I'll finish by saying that I think we'll come up just short, but hey I thought we'd lose or draw at Forest and get 4 points max from the last two and be looking anxiously over our shoulders at Hull and Derby, so what do I know?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That's only true if they only draw one. If Burnley draw their next two and we win ours, the 'Boro game would be irrelevant for us.

The way the fixtures fall, should Burnley draw against Preston and we beat Charlton and then Derby at home, they will go into their 4:45 game against QPR on Bank Holiday Monday five points behind us and having to win it to give themselves a chance on the last day.

Burnley's equaliser also leaves us two instead of four points behind Middlesbrough. If we win our next two and they get a win and lose one, we could go there just needing a point to finish above them. If we could turn around the goal difference, then 'Boro would have to win both of their next two to stop us finishing above them with a draw at their place.
Now that is a stato I like!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Would have preferred that Boro held on, and it now looks certain that we need to win the next 2 and get something at Boro - possibly even a win. but still positives:-
- we are clearly playing better than the other 2. I see their fans are complaining about sides "rolling over for us" but we know that we put the London boys to the sword
- Burnley increasingly looking like we did towards the end of our unbeaten run; toughing out results and holding on to their run by willpower and Keane's aerial ability alone
- Boro aren't playing well and could be scarred by the equaliser. I don't think they're as mentally tough as us and Burnley. They were about 3 minutes away from being more or less promoted, and I'm hoping they're still thinking about what could have been when Murphy puts Ipswich ahead in their next game.
- still 2 places to play for...we could still win the title!

In my usual glass half-full style I'll finish by saying that I think we'll come up just short, but hey I thought we'd lose or draw at Forest and get 4 points max from the last two and be looking anxiously over our shoulders at Hull and Derby, so what do I know?

Some interesting comments considering Burnley are 20 games unbeaten and Boro have taken 19 points from the last 21 on offer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here