Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Really? Stats don't lie

View attachment 65098

It was a schooling.

I'm still calling bullshit. There's definitely a backhander there. American soil, American Ref, American Judges, MAYWEATHER promotions. All terms of this fight was in favour of Mayweather. Only way Pacman was going to walk out of this fight the victor was with a KO. Alas it didn't happen. Never stood a chance against the "score"

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm still calling bullshit. There's definitely a backhander there. American soil, American Ref, American Judges, MAYWEATHER promotions. All terms of this fight was in favour of Mayweather. Only way Pacman was going to walk out of this fight the victor was with a KO. Alas it didn't happen. Never stood a chance against the "score"

So do you think Pacquiao won?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
To be fair on that, the century in question is only 15 years old.

My point entirely, however, there is a slim chance that a young boxing fan may see the next Fight of The Century .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A younger Manny could have won, but old Manny can't keep the tempo he could when he was younger.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Why would he enter in to a bar brawl when he can take 200 million dollars home and not get hit??
I understand that. But what a crazy world, when there are millions of us who would avoid a bar brawl for much less than that.... a fiver to be precise.
On a more serious note, what a sham and how gullible are humans to inject mega money into non events. A bit like shelling out to watch BHA not score.....again. :smile:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
That's not what the numbers say:

image.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That was a load of rubbish.

It was almost if they got the money and were trying not to doing anything to hurt each other.

I can only feel the pain of those who spent $10000 on a ticket

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That was a load of rubbish.

It was almost if they got the money and were trying not to doing anything to hurt each other.
Mayweather never tries to hurt anyone. He got away with some holding in the early rounds, which the ref should have stopped, but apart from that he did what he was supposed to. Manny was supposed to take the fight to him more, but he's just not the boxer he once was. When I think back to Manny in his prime, this was a sad fight to watch. It's not that he doesn't have the skills to beat Mayweather, he proved that he can back Mayweather up and hurt him, but in the old days he'd have been able to do that non stop.

I can only feel the pain of those who spent $10000 on a ticket
Anyone stupid enough to pay that for a ticket, to watch people well after their prime, don't deserve your empathy.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
How dull was this! Sure for the boxing purist it was a masterclass as Manny could barely lay a glove on him. However, I'm sure many would love a fight where both fighters are trying to hit each other as opposed to where one chased the other. I know it's about imposing your skill set but even Mayweather's level of counter punching was minimal. Ultimately neither fighter looked in trouble at any point. Really disappointed !

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mayweather never tries to hurt anyone. He got away with some holding in the early rounds, which the ref should have stopped, but apart from that he did what he was supposed to. Manny was supposed to take the fight to him more, but he's just not the boxer he once was. When I think back to Manny in his prime, this was a sad fight to watch. It's not that he doesn't have the skills to beat Mayweather, he proved that he can back Mayweather up and hurt him, but in the old days he'd have been able to do that non stop.

Anyone stupid enough to pay that for a ticket, to watch people well after their prime, don't deserve your empathy.

I don't confess to be any thing but a casual watcher of boxing, but even I could tell that he was holding a lot and the ref should have stepped in.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

I've always felt that to win someone elses belts you have to really beat them without any lingering doubts

abit like when Leonard was given the decision over Hagler

I know that's wrong because it's just another boxing match that should be judged on it's merit

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
about as entertaining as watching the albion. Total waste of my time.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Re match it is then, hopefully it will be done before there in there 50s

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
How dull was this! Sure for the boxing purist it was a masterclass as Manny could barely lay a glove on him. However, I'm sure many would love a fight where both fighters are trying to hit each other as opposed to where one chased the other. I know it's about imposing your skill set but even Mayweather's level of counter punching was minimal. Ultimately neither fighter looked in trouble at any point. Really disappointed !
I was more disappointed with myself for buying in to it. The fight turned out exactly how I was expecting it, but with sport you are always hoping for drama. Once again boxing failed to deliver. Both of them looked like they could have gone 20 rounds.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the umps were obviously watching different fight to me.....to me manny was a clear winner ....if we are scoring on punches thrown/landed and the fact that ffloyd spent most of the bout running away ,very poor decision for the main stream but even worse for boxing fans/followers...RORT...!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here