Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Post Game: How was it for you?

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Don’t think so, I’m headed for North Wales so that looks a long way round. I’m thinking of going the other way around the M25 and M1/M6 rather than M40/M42/M6.

I would advise against that D8. Like you, I do the M40, M25, M23 from the Midlands. To go home from the Amex round the M25 via the (toll) Dartford Tunnel (which I've tried a few times) can take even longer - and often on a Sunday night the M25 approaches (from both West and East) to the M1 can be gridlock for several miles.

Last night's traffic was awful (over 3 hours each way for me to and from Hassocks, where I park, and which usually takes 2:15). Sunday nights are often the worst and in August, when many are going to/from holiday, it can be even slower.

At least I was on cloud nine during the long drive home, singing GOSBTS having triumphed over United!

North Wales! Respect! :bowdown: A long drive home after a defeat can be physically and emotionally exhausting, especially when travelling alone, as I'm sure you know from experience!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I got home at midnight thanks to the M25. How can that road be so busy on a Sunday evening?!

In all honesty D8, there is no real short cut off the M25 these days.
If you're in it, it's best just to chug along, as if you did come off earlier to avoid the jam, everyone else does the same causing more jams on alternative rat runs.
If you're stuck near the M4 heading towards M40, it maybe an idea to head west on M4, then exit at J8/9 onto A404 north to join the M40 further on up, I know it may seem drastic, but it's an alternative.
I'm regularly going down to Sussex from here, which doesn't take that long, but it's the return I don't look forward to, like you've said, we did go round via the Dartford Crossing a few times, where it does take longer, but in my case it has worked.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG-20180820-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20180820-WA0000.jpg

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Liking the story so far, please continue. What did he do that was nice (I mean at the restaurant, rather than winning us 3 points, which was very nice)?

Sorry to disappoint but other than to shake his hand and congratulate him we didn't pester him, do selfies or any of that sad prat stuff. Left them to have a nice meal.

They were a nice crowd, and he stopped by to say goodbye when they left.

Nothing for the tabloids. Credit to the Albion on and off the pitch yesterday.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just a thought but wouldn't it be quicker to go A/M27 and then head up the Newbury Bypass?

That way adds 30 mins onto a drive from Swindon, the motorway seems to be getting worse though...what with Smart Motorway upgrades on the M4 and M23 and the M25/M3 junction....might try the A34 route for the Fulham game.

One good thing about the motorway route is coming south on the A23 its straight round the roundabout and then park in Mill Road.......The A27 can add 20 mins on the slip roads near Mill Road..

Another problem on Motorways is night time closures......what a pain they are...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Iv'e enjoyed the MUTV stylee interviews but i think this is my fav , you can if you want watch the blah blah blah for 4 minutes and 18 seconds , but it gets real at 4 minutes and 19 seconds :) well done young man

[yt]pw2hQEbGGsw[/yt]

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I’ve been absolutely hanging today, after getting on it yesterday in celebration, even an emergency bacon roll couldn’t cure my hangover......but totally worth it, it’s not every day you can say you’ve played Man Utd off the park !
I’ve taken great delight in trolling my plastic Man Utd acquaintances today too !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here