Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] FAO Bozza - reporting an Ad

Howdy [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] had some ad from NSC try to get me to download some sort of malware. Was using Firefox as Chrome on OSX doesn't like the new ad provider and only had 3 NSC tabs open when suddenly it is trying to get me to download a fake flash .dmg, Screenshot attached. It's 100% vanilla install of Firefox that I have only used recently for NSC.

View attachment 98883

I had this happen yesterday afternoon. I had NSC open but minimised next thing I know a DMG file had downloaded and automatically mounted whilst I was working.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) running 10.13.5 (17F77) – NSC open in Safari Version 11.1.1 (13605.2.8)

I've had other issues with NSC in the last couple of weeks, two or three times I've gone back to a minimised NSC page to find a message about Safari reloading the page due to it using too many resources. And I've also had the page hijacked with a beeping message saying a virus has been detected, click here to download a fix or something like that.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I'm assuming these are all related to the ads/ad partners.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 07.36.02.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 20.10.05.png
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] last night and this morning. The new ad network seems determined to get me to install some malware.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Bozza talked some time ago about the possibility of making the site secure so, until then, I think I wont bother to log in !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
all good on Mozilla

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just had an ad for "goop" show up. The bullshit "lifestyle" brand invented by Gwyneth Paltrow. That can F*** RIGHT OFF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here