Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't get the Scotland love in recently?

Why would we want them to qualify?

They brighten up the tournaments they get to IMO. I clearly remember them playing Brazil in the opening World Cup match in Paris and being more interested in chanting how much they hated England :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Brilliant :rock::drink::drink::drink:

To be fair, they were so poor that it's best to drop out of the tournament now than do that in the finals, it would have been embarrassing for them

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You might disagree:

I thought defensively, against one of the world's worst teams, that Stones, Maguire and Cresswell were shite. Ripped open about four or five times / the wrong side ... of journeymen.

Our record of beating no decent team in a tournament, since Argentina in 2002, is highly likely. Forwards for other countries will exploit the donkeys at the back.

Winks looked the only player to have a good game, with Henderson doing everything asked in his role.

Rashford - awful touch the entire game. Alli ditto. They're meant to be our geniuses!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only 1-0, and a penalty at that, but all in all a fabulous away win against a country with a population almost twice that of Sussex. Now bring on the world!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You might disagree:

I thought defensively, against one of the world's worst teams, that Stones, Maguire and Cresswell were shite. Ripped open about four or five times / the wrong side ... of journeymen.

Our record of beating no decent team in a tournament, since Argentina in 2002, is highly likely. Forwards for other countries will exploit the donkeys at the back.

Winks looked the only player to have a good game, with Henderson doing everything asked in his role.

Rashford - awful touch the entire game. Alli ditto. They're meant to be our geniuses!

We are now great qualifiers who then stink the tournament out. Glorious failure every time

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Leicester won the PL, that doesn't mean all teams should expect to win.

That's a pretty big assumption.

I guess I've always felt love for our club, who give everything despite the lack of money and therefore talent etc. The FA have killed England, so it's difficult to keep caring.

The FA allowed the PL to take control of English football in 1992. Once the last flush of greats washed through, other than Kane, we're now dross all over the field.

For every over hyped England player in this squad, at club level they are surrounded by overseas quality. Take out Eriksen, Aldereirald, Vertongen, Pogba, Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Matic, De Gea, Herrera ... and the English contingent would be exposed in the CL as average at best. That average at best is this England team.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
We played Slovenia last week...............................

actually though i think you may be wrong;

Starts Monday or Sunday. According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week. It is followed by Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday is the 7th and final day.
The Seven-Day Week - Time and Date

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here