Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Always browser

Votes: 230 73.2%
  • What's Tapatalk?

Votes: 30 9.6%

• Total voters

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Is it highlighted in white? If so, you will see every single reply. Then if you go back to the big board it auto enables all new threads and all replies to you. Well, it does me..

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I just went back to the big board and the tick is highlighted, so I will get an alert for every thread and every update. Bloody annoying.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I tried Tapatalk but didn't get on with it at all, just seemed to keep crashing. I now use browser only although the massive Tapatalk drop-down banners get in the way when trying to log in, etc. Grrr...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It's a bit fiddly to set things up but generally it's good. As others have mentioned, you have to log into the web browser to vote on polls but that's hardly a show stopper.

I'm sure there's probably other apps out there that do better or worse so, happy to try something new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
I just went back to the big board and the tick is highlighted, so I will get an alert for every thread and every update. Bloody annoying.

Just untick it. Mine is unticked and I don't get any alerts. I quite like Tapatalk. In the menu at the top right you can always go directly to the webview if you wish, for polls etc.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Can't remember why but I binned Tapatalk ages ago

Same with me. Used to use Tapatalk all the time but I sacked it off a long time ago as it was much better and easier using the browser.

Only annoying thing I found was the iPhone trying to force me to open the page using Tapatalk but that seems to have gone now.

That said based on some of the responses here I might give Tapatalk another go as it sounds like it might be more stable now.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Been using Tapatalk for years. I find it much easier to use than a browser, but maybe phone browsers have improved since the last time I tried to use one for NSC. Preferred the previous version but would miss it if it went. Also like the relative ease of searching for other teams' boards.

What I'd miss most, though, is the unfathomably random selection of pics that their algorithm comes up with to illustrate threads.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
This.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm VERY curious about the demographic of those 'enjoying?' a standard NSC internet browser experience over tapatalk. (ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE) I would have gone insane by now if I had to rely solely on (MOBILE) Browser to view NSC (ON MY MOBILE PHONE) and I have the largest screen available on the market. I can't even stand doing so on my ipad! You guys are nuts. If you truly understand the question and are choosing (MOBILE) browser over tapatalk (with sufficient experience of both) then I am gobsmacked! I simply don't believe it. You either have not taken the time to sufficiently familiarise yourself with tapatalk, are adverse to any kind of change, apps are beyond you and considered witchcraft, you're old, or all of the above! A different (better?) application I can understand. Bozza's desire to optimise mobile web integration to improve Browser (and ditch tapatalk due to other management/admin constraints) I can definitely appreciate BUT mobile browser over tapatalk today?! Do not get it. Someone please enlighten me. Tapatalk provides a very sufficient user experience. I will only log on to NSC in absolute emergencies if I am forced to use non optimized mobile web on my mobile phone!! It will dramatically influence my NSC pleasure! :(

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm VERY curious about the demographic of those 'enjoying?' a standard NSC internet browser experience over tapatalk. (ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE) I would have gone insane by now if I had to rely solely on (MOBILE) Browser to view NSC (ON MY MOBILE PHONE) and I have the largest screen available on the market. I can't even stand doing so on my ipad! You guys are nuts. If you truly understand the question and are choosing (MOBILE) browser over tapatalk (with sufficient experience of both) then I am gobsmacked! I simply don't believe it. You either have not taken the time to sufficiently familiarise yourself with tapatalk, are adverse to any kind of change, apps are beyond you and considered witchcraft, you're old, or all of the above! A different (better?) application I can understand. Bozza's desire to optimise mobile web integration to improve Browser (and ditch tapatalk due to other management/admin constraints) I can definitely appreciate BUT mobile browser over tapatalk today?! Do not get it. Someone please enlighten me. Tapatalk provides a very sufficient user experience. I will only log on to NSC in absolute emergencies if I am forced to use non optimized mobile web on my mobile phone!! It will dramatically influence my NSC pleasure! :(

Nice rant...kind of what I was thinking but decided 'this' was simpler [emoji23][emoji23]

Tapatalk is fine. Only significant limitations are poll viewing/voting and the thumbs up button really, the rest is great and customisable in terms of notifications etc.

Trying to access the full browser version on my compact mobile (with my poor eyesight) is a nightmare.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can we get a proper mobile responsive theme whether or not tapatalk is kept? Since as this poll clearly shows the majority dont use it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here