Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
That's why I'm not a scout, though I don't think you could call it a good season and his CL days are over unless he moves to Turkey or somewhere like that. But yes you're right, Everton a more likely destination.

Point I was making is that there are plenty of options overseas that we have little to no knowledge about.

He's scored just under 1 in 2, that's pretty good despite a poor league position. I was more questioning the price tag in comparison to his pedigree. People have always underestimated Chicharito but he has consistently played at the top of the game his entire career and is still only 28. Unfortunately, we are not quite up there yet.

I am sure that TA isn't the only option and as previously stated am sure that they'll find the main player abroad for less than he'll be worth in a year. I imagine they'll be young, FLAIR, and on a 4+ year contract. Someone nobody has ever heard of...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Can you clarify what you mean here please? Are you saying Albion could only loan 2 players FROM CHELSEA, or that they could only loan 2 players from any and all English clubs combined?
2 in total, but from PL teams rather than english teams in general.

When I have time I'll do a bit of a trawl to find the source.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I am no scout and I mainly watch Championship football so that puts me at a bit of a disadvantage, but you can't tell me there aren't a multitude of options that we've never heard of out there, some posing bigger risks than others. That's what we pay our recruitment team for and if the best they can come up with is Abraham then they should have saved the money and just employed me for nothing as I could tell them he's a decent option.

For what it's worth, here's one: Javier Hernandez 28, on c60k a week at 13th placed Leverkusen in Bundesliga. Proven PL goalscorer and natural finisher, doubt would cost more than 15M.

He's a brilliant goalscorer, but no chance, which is why I was saying we need to be realistic about who we can get.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
2 in total, but from PL teams rather than english teams in general.

When I have time I'll do a bit of a trawl to find the source.

Thanks, spent a while this morning trying to find the rules/regulations that define this but with no joy (I'm not doubting you but would welcome seeing it spelled out).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Thanks, spent a while this morning trying to find the rules/regulations that define this but with no joy (I'm not doubting you but would welcome seeing it spelled out).
This is the best I can find for now

https://www.premierleague.com/news/60177

It seems rule v.5 is the relevant one, but I can't find that on the site.

The loan explanation on that url says 1 loan max from any particular PL club, 4 loans over the season.

But I'm sure I also read somewhere that of those 4 loans, only 2 can be at once. ( ie max 2 before january transfer window, max 2 after the window ).

Last edited:

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Always dangerous having a loan where you have to play them - suspect that's why Akpom came on so many times when the game didn't warrant it

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Downloaded the handbook ( https://www.premierleague.com/publications ) and the rules are

V.7.5. the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable
in the same Season shall be four and in no circumstances shall more than one be from the same Transferor Club at any one time save there shall be
excluded from these numbers any Temporary Transfer of the kind described
in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2;

V.7.6. not more than two Temporary Transfers shall be registered by a Club at the same time except that there shall be excluded from that number:

V.7.6.1. any Temporary Transfer which become permanent; and

V.7.6.2. the Temporary Transfer of a goalkeeper which in its absolute
discretion the Board may allow in circumstances it considers to be
exceptional;

V.7.7. a Club may transfer the registration of no more than one of its goalkeepers
by way of temporary Transfer to another Club each Season, subject to any
further Temporary Transfer of one of its goalkeepers pursuant to Rule
V.7.6.2;

and
V.7.8. any other conditions agreed between the Transferor Club and the
Transferee Club or, in the exercise of its discretion, imposed by the Board.

Last edited:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Abraham would not be a partner for Murray, he would fight it out with Murray to start with probably Gross sitting in behind or Baldock.

I think people continue to miss the point about how CH wants to build the squad. Away at Chelsea you're right, we'll play 1 up front (a role TA is well suited to, with more pace and touch than Murray or Tomer and more physical presence as a target man than Sam). But home to Burnley I fully expect us to play 4-4-2 as has served us so well this year (in which case we could pair GM/SB or TA with either of those two).

It's a squad game and he would be a great addition - at the absolute worst he'd be our third best striker (and I suspect he'll turn out better than that)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Like Murray, he seems to have that undefinable genius of being in the right place at the right time. He'll get goals no matter where he goes and will surely be a Chelsea regular in a few years time. Great business IMHO if we get him.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Downloaded the handbook ( https://www.premierleague.com/publications ) and the rules are

V.7.5. the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable
in the same Season shall be four and in no circumstances shall more than one be from the same Transferor Club at any one time save there shall be
excluded from these numbers any Temporary Transfer of the kind described
in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2;

V.7.6. not more than two Temporary Transfers shall be registered by a Club at the same time except that there shall be excluded from that number:

V.7.6.1. any Temporary Transfer which become permanent; and

V.7.6.2. the Temporary Transfer of a goalkeeper which in its absolute
discretion the Board may allow in circumstances it considers to be
exceptional;

V.7.7. a Club may transfer the registration of no more than one of its goalkeepers
by way of temporary Transfer to another Club each Season, subject to any
further Temporary Transfer of one of its goalkeepers pursuant to Rule
V.7.6.2;

and
V.7.8. any other conditions agreed between the Transferor Club and the
Transferee Club or, in the exercise of its discretion, imposed by the Board.

Thanks [MENTION=529]sparkie[/MENTION]. I actually checked the handbook but searched for the term "loan" which would explain why I didn't see this!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thanks [MENTION=529]sparkie[/MENTION]. I actually checked the handbook but searched for the term "loan" which would explain why I didn't see this!
Contract page needs updating. Some players have left while others have new contracts ie Stephens

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Contract page needs updating. Some players have left while others have new contracts ie Stephens

It doesn't, because it relates to season 2016-17.

However, I will create a new page for season 2017-18 (although possibly not until the summer transfer window closes, not least because I will have family in town in July and August).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Let Newcastle have Abraham and sign someone better!

We need to be above Toon next season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This is the best I can find for now

https://www.premierleague.com/news/60177

It seems rule v.5 is the relevant one, but I can't find that on the site.

The loan explanation on that url says 1 loan max from any particular PL club, 4 loans over the season.

But I'm sure I also read somewhere that of those 4 loans, only 2 can be at once. ( ie max 2 before january transfer window, max 2 after the window ).

Hull had 6 players on loan last season, only 2 came from other Premier League teams though. The other 4 players came from abroad. The rules only seem to mention temporary transfers directly between clubs in the PL (rule v.6.1) and to and from clubs in the EFL and below (Rule v.6.2)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here