Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A great big thank you

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Some of the replies here are totally unjustified. I'm sorry the OP had the enjoyment of his day affected. Where little ones are involved we all reserve the right to act how we think it's best to for our kids.

We offer great facilities for kids at the amex but the numbers travelling to away games is understandably less.

Today was promoted as a family away day so I suspect there were many little ones on their first away trip.

Sadly the later kick off did increase the number of prats. 20 minutes before kick off on the concourse I had to deflect a rubbish win from hitting a kid so one of the heavy drinkers who 'was enjoying football as he should' decided to throw around.

This goon group was only about half a dozen strong. Never had an issue with those who wanna buy beer and pour it on the floor but for me a line was crossed by some today.

Hope OP son feels up for another away game soon. They really are great, especially at the moment.

Why on earth didn't the club use a bit of common sense if it was promoted as a family away match. All that was needed was to arrange for tickets for families to be sat in the same area probably near the front. It would have taken one steward to organise this to make sure only families sat in that area.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Thanks to those of you who have shown some compassion and also those of you around at the time who did the same. As for taking things into my own hands, I was on my own at the game with an 8 year old and a 9 year old. I don't think getting into an altercation with someone who'd been on it all day would have been the right thing to do. Where we sat was fine until two or three minutes before the game, when loads of people piled in and couldn't get to their seats. We actually did try to sit at the front but the stewards insisted we took allocated seats. To be honest, I've been at plenty of away games and been pissed myself. My OP was very much aimed at the individual in question. Whilst it wasn't deliberate, It would have been nice if he himself could have apologised rather than leaving it to his brother. My son was convinced he'd done it on purpose purely because he was in shock. Having someone who was two to three times your weight land on top of you is going to hurt and scare you. I just hope he'all go away again because as a father, that's what you want when your son loves the Albion

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thanks to those of you who have shown some compassion and also those of you around at the time who did the same. As for taking things into my own hands, I was on my own at the game with an 8 year old and a 9 year old. I don't think getting into an altercation with someone who'd been on it all day would have been the right thing to do. Where we sat was fine until two or three minutes before the game, when loads of people piled in and couldn't get to their seats. We actually did try to sit at the front but the stewards insisted we took allocated seats. To be honest, I've been at plenty of away games and been pissed myself. My OP was very much aimed at the individual in question. Whilst it wasn't deliberate, It would have been nice if he himself could have apologised rather than leaving it to his brother. My son was convinced he'd done it on purpose purely because he was in shock. Having someone who was two to three times your weight land on top of you is going to hurt and scare you. I just hope he'all go away again because as a father, that's what you want when your son loves the Albion

Anyway, you can lighten your mood and watch MOTD now, where you can see Ian Wright wearing Timmy Mallet glasses :)
See Palace get beaten.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If your son had to leave after that, you've got a few tough years ahead of you.

He was nine three weeks ago. A bunch of people who had clearly been on it for most of the day were arguing quite vociferously about the direspect of a minutes silence (something I'd made a big deal about) and people being in the right seats. A bloke of around thirty fell directly onto him after being shoved by another guy amidst a load of screaming and shouting.

I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt :tosser:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Can't believe some of the comments on here.

To be fair, I could have been clearer with what happened in my original post. He was siting in his seat and the guy who was shoved landed right on him, bruising the back of both his legs. You just don't expect that kind of shit to happen. Just so galling on every level. He's okay, just a scary situation for a young boy to face when he's meant to be having fun.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Its a tough one. Personally if any of my friends or i were to do that we would apologise and try and make his day to make up for it.

But at the same time thats not everyone. Hopefully hes alright but i guess he could be tougher. 9s still very young and i hope hes ok. Anxiaty is a horrible thing.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Seriosuly, can you get any more immature than suggesting a nice year old needs to man up a bit?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Been pissed plently of times at football and other places, BUT if I jad pushed or neen pushed however drunk i would have said sorry to kid, father and maybe even got the lad a coke or something. If the guy was too drunk to do that, then you ask the question, who let him in. Some people have no thought for others and it is one of the worst things in our society. Look at the likes of Calde, Bruno etc, they get legend status not just for on the pitch, but off it as well, we seem to respect putting others first, but then defend arsholes who act like this because its at football. Enjoy, get drunk, but even then consider others.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Been pissed plently of times at football and other places, BUT if I jad pushed or neen pushed however drunk i would have said sorry to kid, father and maybe even got the lad a coke or something. If the guy was too drunk to do that, then you ask the question, who let him in. Some people have no thought for others and it is one of the worst things in our society. Look at the likes of Calde, Bruno etc, they get legend status not just for on the pitch, but off it as well, we seem to respect putting others first, but then defend arsholes who act like this because its at football. Enjoy, get drunk, but even then consider others.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I do understand that people get pissed up at away games. I've been there myself and that's the risk you have to weigh up when taking kids to games. What happened was an accident fuelled by alcohol, people in the wrong seats and the ensuing argument which then rolled into the minutes silence.

These things do happen, but it would have been nice if the guy who caused it could have apologised himself rather than leaving it to those around him. He's the immature coward in my opinion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was nine three weeks ago. A bunch of people who had clearly been on it for most of the day were arguing quite vociferously about the direspect of a minutes silence (something I'd made a big deal about) and people being in the right seats. A bloke of around thirty fell directly onto him after being shoved by another guy amidst a load of screaming and shouting.

I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt :tosser:

Well said. People are complete morons sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here