Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commercial Boycott vs Reading. yes or no?

Commercial Boycott vs Reading

• Yes I am on it

Votes: 62 60.2%
  • No. I politely decline

Votes: 41 39.8%

• Total voters

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Sorry, but i really don't want to damage our football club by supporting this. It could impact our player funds / limit our options for the relegation dogfight we clearly face. I can certainly understand the strength of feeling though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You hate Piglet's, so your grizzling is irrelevant. You're also missing my point by a distance.

The notion being proposed is that the club supposedly receives no extra commercial revenue while Sami is still in charge from an active boycott. This doesn't take into account that the disagreement between the supporters and the club would branch out into affecting third parties who are not part of this dispute.

Did you really think that my point was about one supplier? I mean... really?

You're losing your rag very quickly lately.
I wouldnt worry to much the club seemed happy enough to spunk £500k plus wages on COG.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
do you not think 15,000 odd of us doing that might provoke the stewards?..

What would the stewards be able to do in the face of 15,000 fans doing that?

Alright, let's be fair and make it a delegation of 15.

Point is for me - if there's a dispute between the club and the fans, keep it between the club and the fans, and don't involve third parties.

Point is for me - if there's a dispute between the club and the fans, keep it between the club and the fans, and don't involve third parties.

Have you got shares in Piglets Al?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I see it as a mere token gesture.

If you really want them to know what you think, go up to Tony Bloom, get on your knees, and tell him face-to-face.
Ideally he will be binned before that game. You may see it as a token gesture, but it some action I think might get listened to.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't see the point. Tony Bloom is well aware that things are going shit shaped on the pitch.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

What about when we fought Archer ? We involved a lot more than just him, always collateral damage in a protest but fingers crossed Hyypia has gone anyway

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How about none of us to wear BHAFC merch...shirts, jackets etc, and just wear non BHAFC clothing.....

What happens if you do that already ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What about when we fought Archer ? We involved a lot more than just him, always collateral damage in a protest but fingers crossed Hyypia has gone anyway

Are you comparing the survival of the club with the desire to not be relegated?

If you're after a more direct comparison, it would be when we fought the club over getting Barry Lloyd sacked. And that hardly involved a commercial desire to affect the club, because the club hardly had any commerciality worthy of its name.

The collateral damage was mostly to windows and chairs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

If you're after a more direct comparison, it would be when we fought the club over getting Barry Lloyd sacked. And that hardly involved a commercial desire to affect the club, because the club hardly had any commerciality worthy of its name.

I have to agree with this it would be better if everyone perhaps printed off a large "HO" on A4 paper and if we go a goal down everyone displays it.

No, you're right Al,

Lets not do a bloody thing until we're at the bottom of league 2, then when all 4,500 of us make a stand the CEO (who won't be barber) and the owner (who wont be Bloom) may just take notice, and apply for Planning permission before the whole bloody lot is sold to a developer.

Protest fine but don't damage the club financially can't see how this will help,

It's ONE game ffs.

We have been told by the bean counters how little the match by match sales have any impact at all on the overall income of the club.

Maybe get Kemmy to stop eating at the club canteen for a week would help, or at the very least justify his £10,000 per week for tweeting shit.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
To square the circle and to start getting organised. BTW... We should support the team like never before that day (to the extent that it will help with Hyppia in charge). Please refrain from criticising those that politely decline. This is the one area where we can make a real difference at this time. You can be sure that TB looks at all aspects of commercial income from a single game.

Barber underestimates us.

get the word out. Encourage 1901ers to unbook their tables and avoid the bars and arrive late. On Twitter use #bhafcareyoulistening and #bhafcnotapenny and then ensure they are RT'd to death and any other way you can think of to get the message out.

Utterly pointless gesture.

Do you really think TB and the directors don't know that we are unhappy with the team's performances and that we want Hyppia out? How will a few fans not spending on Boxing Day make the slightest difference?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well I pledge to never buy another pint of Harvey's from the Amex, or from anywhere else for that matter.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No, you're right Al,

Lets not do a bloody thing until we're at the bottom of league 2, then when all 4,500 of us make a stand the CEO (who won't be barber) and the owner (who wont be Bloom) may just take notice, and apply for Planning permission before the whole bloody lot is sold to a developer.

It's interesting that you should equate me challenging your crusade of misery by believing that this is not the most effective, least problematic manner of protest as believing we should do nothing.

It's as if there's your way - or not at all. There are more forms of protest than this particular one.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I want Hyypia out as much as the next man - in fact, probably more than most. But some of the talk on here seems way over the top. It's not as if Tony Bloom has sold the ground and told us we've all got to move to Portsmouth. Some widespread chanting, a few banners and the inevitable empty seats will ultimately be enough to change things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here