Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Swansea (h)

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Yep totally understandable

I think I got a bee in my bonnet early about a lack movement and it wouldn't shift, not helped by thinking for 3/4ers of the game 'if they score now'
It was an excellent and professional performance, which I haven't given credit for, but as said I felt they could have been more attacking.
I guess I've got too fond too quickly of The Greyhound refusing to defend, and to blase about Bong having everything under control.

Hey Stat, your original comments were in line with my thinking. The middle to later part of the first half looked as though were content with a 1-0. But for the dreadful performance of Swansea it may have been different, Gross was off the mark today and Propper certainly did not win every header as one has said on here. I liked the win, but they gave us so much time and space on the ball it was almost difficult not to win. When I here the chants 'come on Brighton', its aways an indication that we are not commiting. Despite all loved the three points, but need to take some perspective about today, Swansea the poorest I've seen this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey Stat, your original comments were in line with my thinking. The middle to later part of the first half looked as though were content with a 1-0. But for the dreadful performance of Swansea it may have been different, Gross was off the mark today and Propper certainly did not win every header as one has said on here. I liked the win, but they gave us so much time and space on the ball it was almost difficult not to win. When I here the chants 'come on Brighton', its aways an indication that we are not commiting. Despite all loved the three points, but need to take some perspective about today, Swansea the poorest I've seen this season.
Actually yes I'd forgotten one of the louder chants today was 'come on Brighton', thanks.
It still feels odd to be having a grizzle about winning 4-1, but most of the match really wasn't the cakewalk that's being talked up now.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Ryan 8

Bong 8
Duffy 7
Dunk 8
Schelotto 7

Izquierdo 7
Stephens 7
Propper 7
Knockaert 7

Gross 7

Murray 9

Subs:

March 7
Kayal n/a
Locadia 7 (just for the goal, didn't really see enough of him otherwise)

Chris 8
Mike Dean 4 - special mention for this horrible man, yes he might have given the penalty but so many poor decisions against us

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Excellent point that. My only reservation about Izquierdo up to now has been that he always wanted to cut in on his right foot which, for all his talent, made him a bit predictable. Today - they didn't know which way he was going and so he's twice as dangerous.

It does look like the team has got the plot with Izquierdo too and are getting the ball to him quickly behind the defence.

Didn’t look like they trusted him earlier in the season. Now he’s sought out so often Knocky’s not seeing the ball for periods of the game, at least that was the case today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think I'd over hyped the West Ham performance.
For a 4-1 seriously important victory, I thought the team was a bit flat, too defensive and not attacking enough.

Carlos lost the game instead of the Albion winning it.

I think that some have forgotten that we are now in the Premier League.
In the Championship last season we were the stand out team, very rarely troubled by the opposition, and certainly not allowing them to dictate the game, This season it is a step up in class , and, at times ,during games it shows. Even teams as poor as Swansea,were today, have the ability to put us under huge pressure at times during all games. I don’t think CH instructs players to’park the bus’ I think it’s just the teams we are up against now, are a lot better than we are used to.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Well, that was enjoyable; we were extremely good today, no-one had a bad game, and there were some staggeringly good performances.

Ryan 8 -- I need to have another look back at his two notable first half saves; the dive to the right in the second was brilliant. What a signing. He's 25, and must be worth £20m+ now, especially if we stay in the PL.
Schelotto 7 -- gotta love him
Duffy 8.5 -- I've been moaning about him over the past few months, but he's got his form back in the last few games, and was great today. Got caught out for that scramble at the end of the first half, but can't think of any other faults in a very open game
Dunk 8 -- due an England call-up
Bong 7 -- so, so solid
Knockaert 7.5 -- delighted for him, let's hope this propels a rich vein of form
Stephens 8 -- some great interceptions today
Propper 7 -- a bit hot and cold today. Sort your shooting out for us please Davy. Apart from that, he's some player
Izquierdo 9 -- wow, a month or so, I didn't quite get him despite his velocity, hammer shot and low centre of gravity. Now I really get him. Another Brighton player in the World Cup this summer?
Gross 8 -- such a clever player, some of his link-play with Speedy Gonzalez was something else
Murray 9 MotM -- ten goal Glenn :bowdown: Brilliant hold-up play too

March 7
Locadia 7 -- a goal every 10 minutes in the PL, it could -- perhaps should -- have been 1 in 5
Kayal n/a

CH 9 -- so pleased for him. Warren apparently said that CC had put all his chicken on the barbeque, whereas I got CH's reserved substitutions today, and they were all perfectly timed. The starting 11 seemed obvious to me, and he's stuck to his plan doggedly.
Fans: North 8 or 9, the rest poor -- we've got to do our bit when we're not winning, and are under the kosh.

Brilliantly summed up. My thoughts exactly....

Izquierdo 9 -- wow

indeed!

TNBA

TTF

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well, that was enjoyable; we were extremely good today, no-one had a bad game, and there were some staggeringly good performances.

Ryan 8 -- I need to have another look back at his two notable first half saves; the dive to the right in the second was brilliant. What a signing. He's 25, and must be worth £20m+ now, especially if we stay in the PL.
Schelotto 7 -- gotta love him
Duffy 8.5 -- I've been moaning about him over the past few months, but he's got his form back in the last few games, and was great today. Got caught out for that scramble at the end of the first half, but can't think of any other faults in a very open game
Dunk 8 -- due an England call-up
Bong 7 -- so, so solid
Knockaert 7.5 -- delighted for him, let's hope this propels a rich vein of form
Stephens 8 -- some great interceptions today
Propper 7 -- a bit hot and cold today. Sort your shooting out for us please Davy. Apart from that, he's some player
Izquierdo 9 -- wow, a month or so, I didn't quite get him despite his velocity, hammer shot and low centre of gravity. Now I really get him. Another Brighton player in the World Cup this summer?
Gross 8 -- such a clever player, some of his link-play with Speedy Gonzalez was something else
Murray 9 MotM -- ten goal Glenn :bowdown: Brilliant hold-up play too

March 7
Locadia 7 -- a goal every 10 minutes in the PL, it could -- perhaps should -- have been 1 in 5
Kayal n/a

CH 9 -- so pleased for him. Warren apparently said that CC had put all his chicken on the barbeque, whereas I got CH's reserved substitutions today, and they were all perfectly timed. The starting 11 seemed obvious to me, and he's stuck to his plan doggedly.
Fans: North 8 or 9, the rest poor -- we've got to do our bit when we're not winning, and are under the kosh.

I don't do players ratings, it feels a bit wrong for a bloke who never made it past Sunday league football, to criticise professionals who are far better than I could dream of being, but, if I did, the above would be very clise to what i thought.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan 8

Schelotto 7
Bong 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7

Knockaert 8
Stephens 7
Propper 6
Izquierdo 10

Groß 7
Murray 8

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan 7
Schelotto 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 9
Knockaert 7
Stephens 7
Propper 7
Izquierdo 9
Gross 7
Murray 9

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Ryan - 7
Schelotto - 8
Duffy - 7
Dunk - 7
Bong - 9
Knockaert - 8
Stephens - 7
Pröpper - 7
Izqueirdo - 9
Gross - 6
Murray - 9 MoM by a whisker over Bong

March - 6
Locadia - 7

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ryan 8
Bong 7
Schellotto 6
Dunk 8
Duffy 8
Stephens 7
propper 7
Knockhaert 7
Izqeuierdo 9
Gross 7
Murray 8

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ok mate, maybe the 99% of fans that thought he played well drunk too much before the game

You don't get it do you. I didn't say he was crap, just a solid performance. Don't quite get why people think he was outstanding though!!

Would probably agree with Machiavelli's ratings. (Another who rated him solid but not outstanding).

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Ryan -8 Did well to save the double deflection and made a really good save from their Korean player. Couldn't do anything about the goal
Scheletto -7- got up and down the wing and chased lost causes.
Duffy -8- back to his best
Dunk -7- unlucky with another OG
Bong -7 - He was outstanding today and a big step up from Stoke game
Knockaert -8- took his goal really well despite a couple of sulks at Murray
Propper -7- controlled the midfield was class today
Stephens -7- never been his biggest fan but he was brilliant today
Izqueirdo -9- MOTM - after a slow start is coming good , takes on players and links up well with other attackers
Groß -9- He was quality today linking up play and finds the killer balls
Murray -9- arguably another contender for MOTM , his hold up play and flicks to other attackers is excellent

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Dunk only needs one more og for a premiere league record. Currently even with Skirtel.
Not often we score five goals!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 7
Schelotto 6
Dunk 7
Duffy 7
Bong 7
Knockaert 7
(March 79min, 6)
Pröpper 6
Stephens 6
Izquierdo 8
Murray 8 MOM
(Locadia 82min, 7) Scores on league debut and only plays 11 minutes, looks the real deal.
Groß 7
(Kayal 90min, 6)

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 8 did everything asked of him.
Schelotto 8 defended very well and is making Duffy look like a passable Premier League defender again. Managed the whole right hand side on his own at times with Knockaert doing his disappearing act for much of the game defensively.
Duffy 7 good aerially, kept his passing simple (which minimises a big weakness), but missed his usual glorious opportunity from a corner which could’ve cost us on another day, and nearly caught out Ryan with his flailing leg in the first half.
Dunk 8 defended well, unlucky with the OG. Not at his most effective with the ball though.
Bong 9 the odd poor pass aside, he was excellent, particularly defensively.
Knockaert 7 a well taken goal and a good ball for the disallowed goal (I’m still not sure it’s the right call...) but was often found wanting defensively and spent much of the game moaning at his team mates and then choosing the wrong options himself. Did keep the ball well though.
Stephens 8 very good going both ways.
Propper 8 see above, but needs to work on his finishing.
Izquierdo 9 a difference maker for us. His interplay, movement, ability to pick out a man when out wide and defensively contribution are on a different level to our other wide men.
Gross 8 found wanting defensively at times as he let Ki (who was very good) dictate the game, but his interplay was brilliant. Is thriving again with more pace and movement to the sides. Got another assist but was a key component of our attacking play throughout. Set piece delivery was good again too; how many assists would he have if Duffy could actually get the ball on target from corners?!
Murray 9 an all round, brilliant performance full of good hold up play, excellent interchange with those around him, and most importantly, goals. Fully deserves his place in the side at the moment.

Subs
Locadia 7 came on and scored. Not much more to ask.
March 7 came on and offered decent balance down the right.
Kayal n/a

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Izquierdo How does he get 9/10s Outstanding for last 30mins but was terrible in first half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here