Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Darts girls face axe

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Bit busy today, but in short I'd say this, the use of women to sell has huge detrimental effects on the way women view themselves and the way men view women.

Most models weigh an average of 23 percent less than a typical woman. Twenty years ago, this difference was a mere 8 percent.
Problems with eating disorders have increased over 400 percent since the year 1970.
Only 5 percent of women actually fit the current body type popularly portrayed in advertising today.
69 percent of girls concurred that models found in magazines had a major influence on their concept of what a perfect body shape should look like.

All that puts pressure on young girls and leads to self-esteem issues which in turn affects confidence and role in society.

There is other data available that illustrates the effects that the use of women in advertising, sales and corporate events has on men - especially shaping views at an early age.

There's equally data to show that ongoing use of false body types - male and female - also has an impact on young boys as well.

Body image has been portrayed in art throughout the ages, but it's only in the last 100 years that there has been such an acceleration of the use of body image to sell. That's why it's bought into sharper focus as an issue.

These ladies don't look as if they are suffering from eating disorders .

[yt]EmsP8m2xPaw&list[/YT]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I do wish people who get upset about this threw as much passion into fighting for women's rights globally on suffrage, legal rights, FGM, child brides, honour killings, bonded slavery, arranged marriages and suchlike.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Oh please.

We are living in dreamland if we think the poor male image has been used and abused as much as the female image has down the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed because the female models would be getting far more money ,and if we are being petty now ....two wrongs don't make a right regardless of what decade we are talking about .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Apropos of nothing, I was just saying to mates that going to watch darts live looks a right laugh. Getting pissed-up, singing songs and banter with rival fans and not really caring about the actual sport going on in front of you. Basically a pub pre-match on away days.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Bit busy today, but in short I'd say this, the use of women to sell has huge detrimental effects on the way women view themselves and the way men view women.

Most models weigh an average of 23 percent less than a typical woman. Twenty years ago, this difference was a mere 8 percent.

That wouldn't be that hard given how obese today's societies have become. Probably 23% fatter than 20 years ago.

Problems with eating disorders have increased over 400 percent since the year 1970.
Only 5 percent of women actually fit the current body type popularly portrayed in advertising today.
69 percent of girls concurred that models found in magazines had a major influence on their concept of what a perfect body shape should look like.

All that puts pressure on young girls and leads to self-esteem issues which in turn affects confidence and role in society.

So it's women's magazines and advertising doing all of this then. If girls are having self esteem issues it's going to be linked mostly to female driven media, not male.

There is other data available that illustrates the effects that the use of women in advertising, sales and corporate events has on men - especially shaping views at an early age.

It's the same as it's always been. We like the hot ones over the ugly ones. That's how nature works. Whole species of animals work around the concept.

There's equally data to show that ongoing use of false body types - male and female - also has an impact on young boys as well.

What's a false body type? Or do you mean fit people who work out v fat people?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think that you’re way off the mark. In 100 years time, in the Islamic State Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, women will be second class citizens.

You will be ripped to shreds by those of a more politically correct persuasion on here but if you study all the government projections, you will see a dramatic growth in the Muslim population in the years to come.
1997....UK population = 58m......Muslim population of UK = 200,000 ( 0.3% )
2016....UK population = 65m......Muslim population of UK = 4.1m ( 6.3% )
2050....UK population = 77m......Muslim population of UK = 13m ( 17% ) ( Projection : ONS )
( 43% of all migrants to UK between 2010 and 2016 were Muslim )
So, on the basis of the age demographics....high percentage of young Muslims in this country, higher birthrates within their communities and future projections, this percentage will continue to rise.
Anyway, what the hell has this got to do with the price of fish? Or for that matter, Walk-On Girls?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That wouldn't be that hard given how obese today's societies have become. Probably 23% fatter than 20 years ago.

So it's women's magazines and advertising doing all of this then. If girls are having self esteem issues it's going to be linked mostly to female driven media, not male.

It's the same as it's always been. We like the hot ones over the ugly ones. That's how nature works. Whole species of animals work around the concept.

What's a false body type? Or do you mean fit people who work out v fat people?

A false body type would be a surgical, or steroid altered appearance plus photoshopped thigh gaps and six packs.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The petition to retain them already has 15,000 signatures.
No wonder the girls are unhappy. They earn very good money for what they do. Roughly £800 a day, less agent/agency commission of 15-20%. Supplemented with other work, modelling/advertising, some of these girls have six figure salaries.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yet another fashion industry impossible female body type

Capture.jpg

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
There's also a lot of beta males in this thread.

I agree, cucks and snowflakes too innit!

If half naked women parading around at the darts is now a problem and the darts people dont want them then we are well and truly f*cked as a society. I suppose if they are not there though than can be cleaning up the pub or something else like that, so maybe it’s not all bad.

We’ve been doing this for years and it’s never caused any problems before, stupid women don’t know how good they have got it!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
A false body type would be a surgical, or steroid altered appearance plus photoshopped thigh gaps and six packs.

So then you'd have to be thick as **** to think that's what other people expect you to look like. Given the vast majority don't expect anyone to look like that.

It's funny that if you ask most blokes they'll say they prefer women to wear as little make up as possible suggesting they prefer the more natural look. Yet women still cake the shit on regardless.

Same goes for ridiculous high heels. Men don't care about them, men think they are impractical and uncomfortable, thus pointless.

That's all down to women.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So then you'd have to be thick as **** to think that's what other people expect you to look like. Given the vast majority don't expect anyone to look like that.

It's funny that if you ask most blokes they'll say they prefer women to wear as little make up as possible suggesting they prefer the more natural look. Yet women still cake the shit on regardless.

i can appreciate the more natural minimum make up look

but i also LOVE an orange faced SLAG :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I agree, cucks and snowflakes too innit!

If half naked women parading around at the darts is now a problem and the darts people dont want them then we are well and truly f*cked as a society. I suppose if they are not there though than can be cleaning up the pub or something else like that, so maybe it’s not all bad.

We’ve been doing this for years and it’s never caused any problems before, stupid women don’t know how good they have got it!

Welcome to NSC, the home of the 1950s throwback. Life in 2018 must be a very taxing, ever confusing experience for many of them I imagine.

51TnZLAVq0L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Same goes for ridiculous high heels. Men don't care about them, men think they are impractical and uncomfortable, thus pointless.

Agreed.
Thank God I've never fallen for a woman plastered in make-up and covered in perfume ( Well, at least not when I've been sober...plenty of times when I've been the relaxed side of pleasantly inebriated, though ! )

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
While some slightly Neanderthal types and upper class oafs on here will try to paint a picture of anyone who has no interest in ogling women at sporting events or touching them up at parties as snowflakes who need to get a grip, the men in my life I have admired the most and regard as "real men", my father, grandfathers, uncles and one or two bosses and teachers never had any desire to leer over women and treated them with nothing but respect. That's going back to the 1920's.. True men. Gentleman. Sporting men. Not the faux building site twonks on here who wouldn't have the first clue about being a true man.

you upper class tit-----------maybe your not worth looking at

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here