Stop moaning at Leon Knight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The moaning at Leon is getting ridiculous. Someone behind me in C Block called him a lazy shit because he was not getting up...ignoring the fact that Alan Wright was laying on top of him.

He is working harder then ever for the team, is coming and getting the ball and staying on his feet more.

His work for our goal was first class and he was unlucky not to score with the quickly taken volley from out wide.

I hate the way it seems to be acceptable to moan at Leon these days. He is an albion player and whilst sometimes is infuriating, this does not mean every time a pass does not go to him dozens of people should stand up and tell him he is shit.

Leon Knight Knight Knight.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
richie , i agree its not helping him , we should , as with all the players be supporting rather then slating

people forget his scoring record last season and the fact that his penalty won us the play off finals

but he is a lazy little shit.

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
Why not moan at him, he's suppose to be our main goal scorer, if he isn't delivering the goods then we're entitled to have a go. He wont leave us because no one would be interested in him.

If he was banging the goals in then he'd soon leave for a bigger club, he gets what he deserves from us hard working paying fans.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I understand that when he does something wrong that its hard not to moan but people are just taking any old excuse to have a pop at him. Today he played well and set up our goal. He worked harder then normal, as he did in a difficult game for a forward against Nottm Forest.

At one point Knight made a superb run, the ball into him was awful and he could not turn and run back the way he had just come in time to beat the defender to it. The reaction? Not one person blamed the player who made the shit pass. No, it was 'Knight you lazy tosser meet the ball'. Ignoring the intelligent run he had made.

Lets get behind the lad. He is making an effort of late and is largely responsible for us being in this league. By moaning at him it is not going to help his confidence which is seriously lacking so what are people achieving by slating him? Nothing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think Leon has bucked his ideas up lately - being dropped for the QPR match seems to have had the desired effect. He's put in a couple of good displays at Gillingham and Forest, and he was working hard off the ball again today. Definately one of his better displays, he was dropping deep to pick up the ball, made some good runs, and turned his man superbly a couple of times, once to great effect to set up our goal.

Some people are just itching for an excuse to have a go at the fella whether he deserves it or not. Pretty pathetic really.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I thought he had an excellent game today. Plenty of runs and effort, tracking back, set up a goal. What more do you want? He was marked by Alan Wright

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Some people are just itching for an excuse to have a go at the fella whether he deserves it or not. Pretty pathetic really.

Exactly. There always has to be someone who is "shit". Unfortuantly for the moaners Kerry Mayo and Charlie Oatway are proving them wrong - again. Currie has let his football do the talking. So it's Leon's turn. He'll score a hat trick at Crewe and they'll all have a bitch at... I dunno, Reid. Simply because they paid for there ticket and they can. :nono:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was especially pleased for Mayo today. He was excellent, as was Reid who could be a uselful right back.

I dont understand why people who support Brighton feel the need to moan at their own players. Do something positive and get behind them. Its not like Knight is going to think 'hang on, that fat guy in C Block has a point...' its just going to knock his confidence which means he is less keen to try the things that make him such a good player, i.e dropping his shoulder and taking people on or turning his defender.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Leon is improving but there are far less chances to score in this division that last year so it's harder.

He'll get it right sooner rather than later and we will shoot up the table (literally).

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
_40215217_knight200_getty.jpg

As the Sky commentator pointed out,

They got what they hoped for
They got what they prayed for
They got what they came for
Brighton are promoted to the first division
UP UP AND AWAY

:jester:

Last edited:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
m20gull said:
I thought he had an excellent game today. Plenty of runs and effort, tracking back, set up a goal. What more do you want? He was marked by Alan Wright
Agree with all you said about Leon.
Also,although I'm not in the habit of praising opposition players, I thought Alan Wright had a terrific game today

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
and as Leon says, it not easy to form a partnership with a "non forward". Virgo is doing a brilliant job but let's face it he doesn't play like a forward. I'm sure Leon would get many more goals if he was playing with BZ, Teddy S, Trevor B or even Chris I, who know when to release a pass, make runs, etc, etc

Having said all that Virgo does make Leon look a lazy b******, and it's so frustrating when he persists in being offside!

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Richie Morris said:
The moaning at Leon is getting ridiculous. Someone behind me in C Block called him a lazy shit because he was not getting up...ignoring the fact that Alan Wright was laying on top of him.

He is working harder then ever for the team, is coming and getting the ball and staying on his feet more.

His work for our goal was first class and he was unlucky not to score with the quickly taken volley from out wide.

I hate the way it seems to be acceptable to moan at Leon these days. He is an albion player and whilst sometimes is infuriating, this does not mean every time a pass does not go to him dozens of people should stand up and tell him he is shit.

Leon Knight Knight Knight.

Totally agree.He is still a Brighton player and a very good one who will score his goals and help keep us up.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Mayo was appaling today.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
Exactly. There always has to be someone who is "shit". Unfortunately for the moaners Kerry Mayo and Charlie Oatway are proving them wrong - again. Currie has let his football do the talking. So it's Leon's turn. He'll score a hat trick at Crewe and they'll all have a bitch at... I dunno, Reid. Simply because they paid for there ticket and they can. :nono:

Spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports