Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace crowd

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Another great atmosphere from, as Motty said, the best crowd in the PL.
Unlucky to lose to , 20 shots at goal and more possession against arguably , the best footballing side in the country.
Going 2 down on the stroke of half time, and what happens ? The players get cheered off .
Muzzer should have equalised right at the death, and it was at least we deserved.
With a great 15 cameo, he proved what a danger he can be, and hopefully now will get a run in the side, he's far too good to go out on loan to the championship again.
How was your atmosphere ?

You wouldn't have liked it, no drum, no flags, no goal music, no announcer doing that panto thing with the scorers name.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I don't understand all the fuss about Palace fans being lauded by as the loudest in the prem by a senile fool that should have been forcibly retired donkey's years ago, besides, even Orient would be louder than 90% of premier league clubs....and theres only 5000 of them.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You wouldn't have liked it, no drum, no flags, no goal music, no announcer doing that panto thing with the scorers name.

How was the GOSBTS pre match ?
Did it improve by having the words on the big screen ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just watched MOTD - all I could hear was some spastic banging a drum :shrug:

Ah the drummer ! Tbh I don't notice him now it's like living near a railway embankment ( after a while you totally forget the noise ) . The atmosphere wasn't bad yesterday , the main thing was the crowd stayed with the players for 90 mins which as fans is the least we can do . I do sometimes cringe at the hf and their antics but they are the only fans group who are trying to do something for the " normal " fan so I will back them 100% on that front , wether they get any joy on it remains to be seen but they have had a meeting with scudamore already so you never know . Despite the result the performance was great yesterday and to out stat the arse was rather pleasing ( would rather have better goals scored stat ) anyhow on to the irons next week and I feel we will get something there COYP !

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
View attachment 63270

But how many will still pay the inevitable price rise?

Some of the things they do make me cringe, but they are bang on the money with this.
PL money should be passed down the leagues, and prices should be cut to make it more affordable .
The bundesliga is a great role model, cheap admission prices and transport, but most clubs in the PL wouldn't want to pass on any savings to their own fans.
Poor show.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How was the GOSBTS pre match ?
Did it improve by having the words on the big screen ?

As good as ever thanks, I think having the words on the big screen would be a bit cheesey, so I am glad I have not seen that.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
When did the definition of great support mean banging a drum and going missing in action when not playing Arsenal in Premier League? Weird, I always thought good support was the reverse. There we go, thats the press for you.

Last I heard, the police box crew were looking to introduce a drum to unite the different factions singing at different tempos.
Oh the shame :thumbsup:

Feb 14, 2010
Last I heard, the police box crew were looking to introduce a drum to unite the different factions singing at different tempos.
Oh the shame :thumbsup:

I dont know, kids today, lets hope they see the light, but well they have not done it so it seems a bit of a strange point. The thing about Brighton, they will turn up for lower league football. Its just the difference between Brighton and palace, you are a club whose fans need the top flight,like banging drums, cheer leaders, eagle flying exhibitions, goal music, panto goal scoring announcers and the like. Brighton however, after the years of lower league football and a natural local supporter base, are just a bit more English in its outlook than your American style support. But the worst thing about the palace support is how they go missing when not in the top flight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No words on the screen , just 25,000 fans singing the worss they know.
We must have been at a different game.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hmmmmm..................maybe if WE had big flags to wave, a drum, and goal music?

grabs hard hat and runs for cover

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I dont know, kids today, lets hope they see the light, but well they have not done it so it seems a bit of a strange point. The thing about Brighton, they will turn up for lower league football. Its just the difference between Brighton and palace, you are a club whose fans need the tope flight,like banging drums, cheer leaders, eagle flying exhibitions, goal music, panto goal scoring announcers and the like. Brighton however, after the years of lower league football and a natural local supporter base, are just a bit more English in its outlook than your American style support. But the worst thing about the palace support is how they go missing when not in the top flight.

You seem quite the opposite, you go missing when your club reaches a decent level !
As you seem a PL tourist, maybe if you get a chance to get a box at Selhurst, you should grab it and enjoy the atmosphere.
You never know, it might give you the urge to return to your first love :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some of the things they do make me cringe, but they are bang on the money with this.
PL money should be passed down the leagues, and prices should be cut to make it more affordable .
The bundesliga is a great role model, cheap admission prices and transport, but most clubs in the PL wouldn't want to pass on any savings to their own fans.
Poor show.
I'm not disputing how right the fans are for doing this.

What I'm asking is what will they do as and when palace hold or increase the ticket price.

Is this the start of a unifying campaign to pressurise boardrooms around the country into acting in a fan orientated manner?

Or

Just a cheap publicity stunt after some bad press that means nothing when, to a man, they all pay the increased prices.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm not disputing how right the fans are for doing this.

What I'm asking is what will they do as and when palace hold or increase the ticket price.

Is this the start of a unifying campaign to pressurise boardrooms around the country into acting in a fan orientated manner?

Or

Just a cheap publicity stunt after some bad press that means nothing when, to a man, they all pay the increased prices.

Palace prices are amongst the lowest.
I'm renewing this week for next season, under £500 for Lower Holmesdale, not too shabby I think you'd agree.

I'm renewing this week for next season, under £500 for Lower Holmesdale, not too shabby I think you'd agree.

I'd argue that the whole of Selhurst is Too Shabby to be fair.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and your German role model equivalent would be?

I don't see how you can make your point by underlining mine.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here