• 'tis sacrilege of a Great British institution

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Your Mum.

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Quite clearly a pancake rather than a Yorkshire pudding.

indeed, and if Burrito's weren't the current trendy food, this would be a Yorkshire pancake roll.

though its a good idea either way.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Oh yes ! That's not, er, your Mum. Just to clarify.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Surely the pud doesn't have the consistency to be eaten in such a way, possibly a bit too absorbent as well, could be messy.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
indeed, and if Burrito's weren't the current trendy food, this would be a Yorkshire pancake roll.

Correct, it is for all intents and purposes, a stuffed pancake.

Nothing wrong with that, and I'm tempted to stick it on the specials next week, but I might FANCY PANTS it all up with Lamb neck fillet and Rosemary rub

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They may not use beef because it would not stay rare once you reheated it, and I'd imagine next to impossible to cook to order

You wouldn't have to heat it much as long as other ingrediants are hot, I'm up for trying a beef one of these.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

No it isn't. Any self-respecting hipster is currently eating pulled jack fruit. Do keep up.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
You wouldn't have to heat it much as long as other ingrediants are hot, I'm up for trying a beef one of these.

If you were at home you could well try, but environmental health chaps say commercial kitchens have to reheat previously cooked meat to +75c, ie not rare.

You might be able to do it with a raw fillet tail and not end up with a crispy pancake burrito hybrid. Or you could just stuff it with a slow cooked brisket for beefy goodness.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Correct, it is for all intents and purposes, a stuffed pancake.

Nothing wrong with that, and I'm tempted to stick it on the specials next week, but I might FANCY PANTS it all up with Lamb neck fillet and Rosemary rub

Whereabouts is your restaurant? If it'd not too out of the way, I'd be very tempted and so would both my sons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you were at home you could well try, but environmental health chaps say commercial kitchens have to reheat previously cooked meat to +75c, ie not rare.

You might be able to do it with a raw fillet tail and not end up with a crispy pancake burrito hybrid. Or you could just stuff it with a slow cooked brisket for beefy goodness.

:drool:

I'm IN

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
cant decide between the beef brisket or lamb option... when and where is it on the menu for testing?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
cant decide between the beef brisket or lamb option... when and where is it on the menu for testing?

It would work for beef and certainly for chicken but would lamb be too moist and fatty? Happy to give it a try if anyone's offering.

Also - serious question for the chefs on here. If I was to try this at home, what's the best way to make the Yorkshire pudding? I'd still want it to be a little bit spongy but traditional Yorkshire Puddings are surely a bit difficult to roll.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
As a Yorkshire man its a definite thumbs up! Yorkshire pudding can be had in many other ways so why not this. As a kid often had puds with icecream in or golden syrup. Anything that was left over from main course was often used up this way.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Thanks for the interest, we're called The Boathouse, and we're in Littlehampton Marina, on the Clymping side. We only opened last Thursday, hence my tardiness in replying!

I reckon I'm going to give it a bash with the lamb and put it on the specials on Saturday.

Hopefully not infringing any NSC advertising rules, but any Albion fans out west please come and say hello, we have nice beer too!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thanks for the interest, we're called The Boathouse, and we're in Littlehampton Marina, on the Clymping side. We only opened last Thursday, hence my tardiness in replying!

I reckon I'm going to give it a bash with the lamb and put it on the specials on Saturday.

Hopefully not infringing any NSC advertising rules, but any Albion fans out west please come and say hello, we have nice beer too!

Heard good things about your gaff already, good luck with the venture. May pop over soon

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here