Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce Resigns....

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Thanks Sam and good luck with your future . I think he has health issues so a break from football will do him good .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Statements/press releases following sackings or resignations are usually a load of old flannel. There's some of that here too, of course, but overall, you know what? For me, it has the ring of truth. Sam isn't getting any younger, he's been there, seen it, done it - and if, as it appears, he's wandering off into the sunset with £4M as well, I have to say, good luck to him!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just wonder if he will be like Harry Redknapp when a club is in danger of being relegated in December, the club comes calling with a 6 month contract and a huge bonus if the club is not relegated, and he just can't turn the money down.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Statements/press releases following sackings or resignations are usually a load of old flannel. There's some of that here too, of course, but overall, you know what? For me, it has the ring of truth. Sam isn't getting any younger, he's been there, seen it, done it - and if, as it appears, he's wandering off into the sunset with £4M as well, I have to say, good luck to him!

It does to me as well .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just wonder if he will be like Harry Redknapp when a club is in danger of being relegated in December, the club comes calling with a 6 month contract and a huge bonus if the club is not relegated, and he just can't turn the money down.

Certainly a nice position to be in!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thanks Sam and good luck with your future . I think he has health issues so a break from football will do him good .

I'd post this elsewhere, if I were you, dougie, I doubt he reads NSC, even given the shoddy mess that is The Holmsdale End.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well he's gone so that's that. Who's next?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

A winter sucking in the fumes you lot produce won't have helped that one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The man is a master at keeping struggling teams in the Premier League. He can say what he likes in the press release but he's done what he said he'd do, got paid HANDSOMELY and now he's retiring which was likely his plan all along.

Crystal Palace was nothing but a pay check for him. And that's pretty funny.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The man is a master at keeping struggling teams in the Premier League. He can say what he likes in the press release but he's done what he said he'd do, got paid HANDSOMELY and now he's retiring which was likely his plan all along.

By will he get paid? Has he read the small print in the contract?

With CPFC2010 keeping the team in the PL usually ends up costing managers

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Better than Lukaku? No. There's not a hope in hell that he'll be an Everton player next season though. He'll be in the top 4 or he'll leave the PL.

Benteke is probably better than Vardy though. He's got a far more consistent goal ratio in the top flight. Vardy had an incredible season in 2015 but I don't see any evidence that he'll repeat it. Meanwhile Benteke has scored a goal every other game since he joined the PL in 2012.

That information is not mine, it's from Sky and the Independant.

Josh King ? Llorente ?

If you want to roll out stats both of these and more have a better goal ratio than Benteke... even Sam Vokes has a better goals per mins played than Benteke.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ha ha ha..................got in from work and read this thread..................glad all over.............................my arse

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Nothing remotely funny about them remaining in the PL. Stay behind after class. 100 lines of 'Big Sam kept the Pig in s hit' to remind you of your misplaced sense of humour, that ought to do the trick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here