Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So desperately sad, and so desperately sick-minded. Targeting innocent kids at a pop concert........I don't have the words.

RIP to those needlessly killed and best wishes to the injured for a speedy recovery.

These ***** won't win.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP to victims of a senseless act of terrorism

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Also, can we please try our best to keep this thread civil, a place for positive thoughts to those who have lost their lives and not have it descend into yet another left v right shouting match?

Sadly, all the positive thoughts, flag waving, denying to ourselves what is the real problem, will solve absolutely nothing and we will continue to see childrens arms and legs blown away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly, all the positive thoughts, flag waving, denying to ourselves what is the real problem, will solve absolutely nothing and we will continue to see childrens arms and legs blown away.

What is the real problem?

And what is the real solution?

Sadly all the huffing and puffing will solve absolutely nothing.

Dec 29, 2011
Ah yes.........remember all those years ago when radical Muslim clerics were standing on the streets of this proud and tolerant country and spouting their bile and poison at the Western World. At the time, those who supposedly knew better, rallied to their defence, upholding their right to free speech and civil liberty. Police were instructed to stand aside and allow them to preach whatever they liked, whilst arresting those that protested that these views struck at the very heart and fabric of our society.
They brainwashed and converted the immature and the vulnerable to their warped, distorted and sordid ideology, in private and in public, not just in tens, not just in hundreds but in thousands. Steadily it grew but to many it posed no danger. It was such a small minority that it didn't represent a threat. The so called ' politically correct ' continued to leap to their defence. The majority of the ever growing Muslim community remained silent.
The intellectual and learned community, those who studied and understood the intolerance of the Islamic belief, and expressed their concern, were roundly condemned, again and again and again. And now, whenever these terrorist attacks occur ( which they will, with ever increasing frequency ) those that allowed these poisonous seeds to be sown and grow, are the first to go public with their sorrow and condolence.
These incidents sicken, sadden and anger in equal measure. It is always the innocent that suffer. Trying to deal with an ideology that sees no other and regards itself as the last, the final word of God, is an impossibility. It is a one way path to bloodshed. We have years and years of this ahead of us and we must fight it with every sinew we can muster. It threatens our future stability.
We had a chance to drive this underground. That chance was callously chucked aside by those who thought they knew better. Those who infiltrated our education system, our local government and central government system and our media world, brainwashed many with their politically correct ideas.
They have a lot to answer for but will bear no sense of responsiblilty. We are trying to deal with something that is now out of control and can only hope that more are prevented carrying out these acts than actually succeed.
My thoughts, as always, are with those who have suffered.

Not the time or place mate.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Also, can we please try our best to keep this thread civil, a place for positive thoughts to those who have lost their lives and not have it descend into yet another left v right shouting match?

No it hasn't descended into a right vs left shouting match. People are now sick to death of this and it's about time we took strong actions against this.

It's time this country and the rest of Europe wake up now. This terrorism is here to stay.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That won't solve the problem at all. It's the teachings of extreme Islam that is the root of the problem.

Agreed, these teachings have been going on in many places in this country, highlighted by a few tv programs and others.
Hopefully these teachings will now be taken notice of by the authorities.
A big police presence will be at the Europe final in Stockholm, another country that has been lenient.
RIP to those in Manchester.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Ah yes.........remember all those years ago when radical Muslim clerics were standing on the streets of this proud and tolerant country and spouting their bile and poison at the Western World. At the time, those who supposedly knew better, rallied to their defence, upholding their right to free speech and civil liberty. Police were instructed to stand aside and allow them to preach whatever they liked, whilst arresting those that protested that these views struck at the very heart and fabric of our society.
They brainwashed and converted the immature and the vulnerable to their warped, distorted and sordid ideology, in private and in public, not just in tens, not just in hundreds but in thousands. Steadily it grew but to many it posed no danger. It was such a small minority that it didn't represent a threat. The so called ' politically correct ' continued to leap to their defence. The majority of the ever growing Muslim community remained silent.
The intellectual and learned community, those who studied and understood the intolerance of the Islamic belief, and expressed their concern, were roundly condemned, again and again and again. And now, whenever these terrorist attacks occur ( which they will, with ever increasing frequency ) those that allowed these poisonous seeds to be sown and grow, are the first to go public with their sorrow and condolence.
These incidents sicken, sadden and anger in equal measure. It is always the innocent that suffer. Trying to deal with an ideology that sees no other and regards itself as the last, the final word of God, is an impossibility. It is a one way path to bloodshed. We have years and years of this ahead of us and we must fight it with every sinew we can muster. It threatens our future stability.
We had a chance to drive this underground. That chance was callously chucked aside by those who thought they knew better. Those who infiltrated our education system, our local government and central government system and our media world, brainwashed many with their politically correct ideas.
They have a lot to answer for but will bear no sense of responsiblilty. We are trying to deal with something that is now out of control and can only hope that more are prevented carrying out these acts than actually succeed.
My thoughts, as always, are with those who have suffered.

Perfectly put. Superb post.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I'm waiting on more information before I start the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Something a bit weird about this one. If it was one of the organised terror groups they would have claimed responsibility by now. All we know right now is that it was a suicidal nutter with a homemade device. They haven't released his name, background or religious inclination yet.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What is the real problem?

And what is the real solution?

Sadly all the huffing and puffing will solve absolutely nothing.

Half the country knows that religion is the problem and the other half bury their heads in the sand.

I,m sure that if statistics could have been made over the last 2000 years, religion would have been responsible for far more deaths, barbaric cruelty and troubles in the world, than the comfort and peace it has bought.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Someone the same level as Ian Brady must have done this last night. The pain that that someone unleashed will scar this nation for decades.

We have to protect our children and stop these atrocities somehow.

Why would someone do this?Someone the same level as Ian Brady did this last night. The pain someone unleashed will scar this nation for decades. Why do people have to hurt others?

The sky fairy told them to.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Half the country knows that religion is the problem and the other half bury their heads in the sand.

I,m sure that if statistics could have been made over the last 2000 years, religion would have been responsible for far more deaths, barbaric cruelty and troubles in the world, than the comfort and peace it has bought.

That is, on the face of it, true. However, if religion did not exist, people would find a different way, another ideology to justify their evil means. i.e. Communism, an atheist doctrine which killed more people than died in the second world war.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
My son's step daughter was there with friends for a 13th birthday treat. My daughter in law was going frantic trying to ring her, & getting no reply, but eventually her brother got her, and she sobbed I'm ok Mum.

Too close to home.

Really pleased to hear she's OK. Horrible thing for anyone to witness, let alone someone so young.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not the time or place mate.

When is the time or place?
Not enough people are standing up and saying what they feel. They feel suppressed, frightened and wary of a backlash...." You can't say this....." You can't say that "...etc etc etc......Well they allowed the Muslim clerics to spout their bile and hatred. They allowed freedom of movement of known sympathisers.
I'm as sorrowed and anguished as the next person but it won't stop me expressing views that I have held for a very long time. This isn't an argument about left or right. That is utter nonsense. It is about our freedom, our safety and our future and those that have allowed this to be compromised. They are the ones who should be hanging their heads in shame, not those of us expressing our genuine concern.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Charlotte Campbell’s 15-year-old daughter, Olivia, is still missing after the concert. She spoke to BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, where she began by saying when she last talked to her daughter:

She was at the concert. She’d just seen the support act and said she was having an amazing time, and thanking me for letting her go. She was with her friend, Adam. Adam was found about half an hour ago – he’s in hospital – but Olivia’s not been found yet.

I’m at home phoning everybody: hospitals, police, the centres that the children have been put in. Her dad’s in Manchester looking for her. I’ve got friends looking for her. I’ve got people I don’t even know looking for her, people messaging me, saying we’ve got her photo, looking for her, we’ll get in contact if we see her. And I’m just hearing nothing. Her phone’s dead.

Social media has been wonderful. I don’t know what I’ve have done without them, it’s made it so aware that she’s missing. There’s thousands of people who now know she’s missing, there’s people out looking for her I don’t know, and I can’t thank these people enough, giving their time up.

They’ve basically told me to stay put and wait for a phone call. I daren’t leave the house just in case she somehow gets home."

Dreadful. No words can describe what they are going through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here