Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Akpom

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Awful player. Still no excuse to boo him though.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wouldn't boo him, but Tomer showed him how to do it, in my view

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As he plays for Arsenal I assume he lives in London so probably commutes to Brighton for training and games.
However, I read about the thoughts of a loan player a while back which said that to spend so much time on your own in a hotel with the rest of the squad not talking to you or making your time there really difficult because you could replace them, makes it very difficult to play your best for the club.
And your club probably don't want you either.
Not saying this is the case for Akpom, I don't know, but there is always two sides to the coin and it can't be easy to be on loan.
I suppose the counter argument is to play out of your skin when you get the chance and maybe the club will want you to stay.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
He looked lost and out of his depth, but that's no excuse for Booing, probably knocked his confidence and now what happens when we need him for the final 15 / 20 in a match!!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Bloody stupid. He's a young lad who doesn't know how we play and had a tough afternoon against 2 decent CB. Doesn't seem to know when we press and when we don't and think it made him look lazy. We don't need to get on any players backs

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good point! (Edit - I was meaning to quote Raleigh Chopper above.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Like it or not, with Baldock out for the season, Akpom will be playing a part in our run in, so get behind the lad rather than boo him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I wanted him to do well today but he made no impression . He may be a decent finisher but he can't get off first base
It's not so much lack of effort as lack of experience. He doesn't know how to unsettle defenders at this level and went quiet as he probably knew he was out of his depth .
Totally wrong to boo him though

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The booing was disgraceful. Let's hope that's an end of the Akpom experiment though. He's not up to it (or for it). Nearly as poor as Leon Best.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Yeah people behind me in the North stand booed him when he got subbed. Not on at all , just annoying they are more interested in booing him than Blackburns players when they were down time wasting

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
That wasn't just one or two people booing either. Anybody who did that should be utterly ashamed to call themselves an Albion fan. When every 1% counts, knocking the confidence of someone who we may need in the run in is ridiculous.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Bloody stupid. He's a young lad who doesn't know how we play and had a tough afternoon against 2 decent CB. Doesn't seem to know when we press and when we don't and think it made him look lazy. We don't need to get on any players backs

He's been here long enough to know how we play by now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Most fans would forgive a trier but he looked less than interested. His runs were very leisurely and made it very easy for defenders.

The second worst player to wear the stripes after another inept, comotose 'striker', Obika.

He's been awful in this loan spell.

I hope we don't see him play again this season.

Three points today, despite playing with ten men for 55 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here