Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Towns most famous supporter....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is she not dead? You're right! She is a legend.... When she co starred In "Ten" with Bo Derek, I used to ********** furiously over Ms Andrews, rather than the much heralded and over rated Bo. I was a strange Teenager.

I'm not familiar with "Ten". I'm assuming it's some sort of sequel to The Sound Of Music.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
tumblr_mpyhhrX5Qr1qc0w3wo1_1280.jpg

Well it is Friday....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Who? Bill Oddie is an utter genius. I would trade all our famous supporters for him.

I wasn't decrying Bill Oddie. I like the bloke. And other people have suggested people who I would rank as more famous anyway. Although John Peel (certainly) and Jon Pertwee (I believe) have already shuffled off this mortal coil.

But Julie Andrews must trump Fatboy Slim and Des Lynam.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
As people have already said, when people mention Bill Oddie/Odd Billy, I think Sue Cook, crank calls. However, I thought The Goodies were HILARIOUS when I was about 8. I think Bill's OK.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is Julie Andrews really an Ipswich fan? She's not from around there.

But yes, to live up to any stereotypes going, a legend among legends. Her not getting cast in the film My Fair Lady in favour of Audrey Hepburn either miming or doing a worse Cockney accent than Dick van Dyke must rank as one of the greatest casting mistakes of all time.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Norfolk-Suffolk....its all the same isn't it.

[yt]nFBoeZm7-u4[/yt]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is Julie Andrews really an Ipswich fan? She's not from around there.

But yes, to live up to any stereotypes going, a legend among legends. Her not getting cast in the film My Fair Lady in favour of Audrey Hepburn either miming or doing a worse Cockney accent than Dick van Dyke must rank as one of the greatest casting mistakes of all time.

I suspect her being a fan is the result of some throwaway line she's made somewhere along the long road of her career. I doubt she pops along to Portman Road much, and I'm almost certain she couldn't give you Paul Cooper's legendary penalty-saving statistics or the number of goals scored at home by Chris Kiwomya.

But it's a nice story :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd say "loved" is correct

Probably a bit past all that sort of thing now.....

Oh I don't know. I bet she could still tell you about some of her favourite things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here