Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idris Kanu

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Meanwhile, Albion are tracking Aldershot whizz-kid Idris Kanu.

The Seagulls have been following Kanu for the last two months as part of their ongoing attempts to improve the quality of the squads at development level.

Championship rivals Wolves and Reading are also hot on his trail, together with Crystal Palace.

The young man looks quality.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He only signed for Aldershot on 10th October...... all seems a bit weird:

I was as surprised as anyone when I heard that talented youngster Idris Kanu had joined Aldershot Town. The 16 year old was very highly rated at the club and the development team were very disappointed when he refused to sign a new deal. It was thought that young Idris was looking for a move to a big academy and he had a trial with Nicky Butt at Manchester United. He made his debut for the Manchester United Academy scoring two in a 5-1 win over Middlesbrough. He looked set to join them but the deal never materialised much to the surprise of the Manchester giants.

I was curious to know why he had joined Aldershot as were many people, no disrespect to them, but I expected a higher standard. As it turns out ex West Ham Assistant academy director James Rowe is the assistant manager at “The Shots”. The 31 year old left West Ham after he was disciplined following complaints of “poor practise” in his dealings with young players after a parent complained to the club. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...line-new-academy-coach-for-poor-practice.html

Idris’ agent is in fact Colwyn Rowe who is James’ father. The move has caused some surprise to various academies who had been scouting Idris for a potential move and of course West Ham themselves who were very disappointed to lose the player. It appears that this family link has been the key ingredient in the move.

Idris came on as an 86 minute substitute today as Aldershot beat Solihull Moors 2-0 in their Vanarama National League encounter and impressed with the touches that he had.

http://www.thewesthamway.co.uk/2016...ransfer-exclusive-idris-kanus-move-explained/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here