Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A couple of potential lineups for the coming season

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Hmmm, do you think Knockaert will get the nod over Jahanbakhsh? Also if Jahanbakhsh does end up signing he usually plays as a winger up front. Are you set on this formation? I feel like CH will probably use a different formation this year!

As long as it's not three at the back!! I'm still having nightmares about CH's "experiment" v Chelsea and Dunk and Duffy just stood looking at each other as they destroyed us in 20 minutes.

But what a great problem to have. Quality in depth now; feels like a proper PL squad. Can't wait for the season to start.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The difficult thing will be who makes the starting 11 and who is in the 18. Some very good players will be left out each matchday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We all really know the team against Watford will look like this:

Ryan;
Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Bong;
Knockaert, Stephens, Propper; Izquierdo;
Gross;
Murray.

If Murray starts or even plays in that game the season will be officially over.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Sure it has been mentioned but I can see Ali being used as a number 10. A lot of his best work seems to be in the pocket around the strikers.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ryan

Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo

Bissouma, Stephens, Propper

Gross, Andone, Alireza

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
Haven't we improved our right back options? Nothing against Bruno, but I don't think he can do a full season and maybe I need to give the Greyhound more time.
Did you see the Greyhounds display against Liverpool at the end of the season and Brunos against Man Utd ?- Bruno is still a class above in my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably one of the first names on sheet at the stage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Only if you've already made your mind up that every new signing is shite.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Did you see the Greyhounds display against Liverpool at the end of the season and Brunos against Man Utd ?- Bruno is still a class above in my opinion.

I could not agree more and if Bruno could do 38 matches this season I would be more than delighted. As for the Greyhound he had some good and some bad games. If CH can perm this so the Greyhound comes in on his good games to give Bruno a rest then I think we are sorted.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Brave?

Think you will find Propper is far more likely to lose the starting berth than Stephens.

And it would be nice not to have a knackered Gross by the end of the season.

I agree. I was only trying to play devil's advocate. Earlier in the summer when I suggested CH maybe try two strikers up top for home games against 'lesser opposition', I got lambasted for effectively saying on some occasions that might lead to Gross not always playing.

Now with so many more options I don't quite feel there will be the acrimony if the odd fan favourite gets dropped or rested from time to time (such as Gross) with more quality in the squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How well did Bissoumma do against Portsmouth? Will he slot in alongside of Propper and Stephens or be more attacking and offer competition to Gross. Either way the writing looks to be on the wall for Kayal.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think some forget we were very lucky with injuries last season, so you have to have cover. We now have four wingers, four CM’s, four strikers etc and therefore will should expect to see more rotation this season.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Only if you've already made your mind up that every new signing is shite.

Possibly, although it has to be said, he's earned the right to play after last season. But then we have players who can run in behind now too, so it will depend on how we line up, home or away, who we are playing against. It's a squad game, the great thing is that now we have real options and competition for places.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Possibly, although it has to be said, he's earned the right to play after last season. But then we have players who can run in behind now too, so it will depend on how we line up, home or away, who we are playing against. It's a squad game, the great thing is that now we have real options and competition for places.
No he hasn't that was last season, now is a clean slate.
Murray needs to prove himself competitive again, and if he does against £20m (would have been £35m) worth of 'talent' then the club has dropped more goolies than palace in their last 4 transfer windows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here