Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping the opposition off the pitch.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I looked up and they were walking off and were clapping us (maybe our fans started it, I didn't see), which I took as applauding us for being promoted. Why wouldn't I clap back? It's nothing like clapping the away attendance while the game is still going on, it was just 11 players.
Abraham started clapping the West Stand as he walked off, I guess because he was congratulating us on our success this season. I clapped him back.

I would never clap the away attendance however, I'd like to point out.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nah. Still think it's all a bit happy-clappy (quite literally actually).

We've got form here and it's getting worse. Clapping Stevie Gerrard (Jesus wept that was a low point), clapping away attendances and now this. Won't be long before we start cheering their goals too.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

We've got form here and it's getting worse. Clapping Stevie Gerrard (Jesus wept that was a low point), clapping away attendances and now this. Won't be long before we start cheering their goals too.

"Rooney scores and we're on the pitch...."

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Perhaps you are not such an attention seeker that you start a trolling thread so you can abuse people when they disagree with you?

Tell you what. Why don't you go back through the thread and tell me who was the first person to abuse someone? Then tell me how many times I abused them? There's only one post of mine where I get abusive and that was a childish retort back. It is what it is. Someone calls someone a name and they get called a name back. Elsewhere, there's not much abuse going around from my part. Calling someone a hypocrite is not being abusive when that person is quite clearly being hypocritical. It's a statement of fact.

As for "trolling" thread - perhaps you can give me some guidelines on what is permissible as a thread about events at a Brighton match and those that you deem "trolling". Genuinely want the answer to this.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Agree with this, that was sickening. We definitely need to do our bit next season and I hope some of our fans don't get star struck and forget every team out there not wearing Blue and White Stripes is THE ENEMY

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Opens more Pringles. :wink:

Tuck in. I'm settled in with the laptop and watching a Daniel Johnston documentary so I'm not going anywhere if BadFish wants to keep accusing me of being a naughty boy. And even if he still disagrees with me at the end of it, I can bask in the subsequent applause from him.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Tell you what. Why don't you go back through the thread and tell me who was the first person to abuse someone? Then tell me how many times I abused them? There's only one post of mine where I get abusive and that was a childish retort back. It is what it is. Someone calls someone a name and they get called a name back. Elsewhere, there's not much abuse going around from my part. Calling someone a hypocrite is not being abusive when that person is quite clearly being hypocritical. It's a statement of fact.

As for "trolling" thread - perhaps you can give me some guidelines on what is permissible as a thread about events at a Brighton match and those that you deem "trolling". Genuinely want the answer to this.
You are the one dishing out guidelines on how people should behave buzzer. Live and let live I say, if you want whinge about people clapping off a team that just won their fight against relegation then go for your life. Good luck with implementing your guidelines for how everyone should support your team.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It didn't really bother me to be honest. There were quite a few Wolves fans clapping our fans and players four games ago.

If feel more agrived that we have so many glory hunter fans who left the ground before the players came out again. They were of course the same players who gave us promotion and the best home record in Europe so deserved a full stadium's appreciation. I would say however it was the fullest it's been for a players lap of honour but clearly BGT was a big draw for many.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Tuck in. I'm settled in with the laptop and watching a Daniel Johnston documentary so I'm not going anywhere if BadFish wants to keep accusing me of being a naughty boy. And even if he still disagrees with me at the end of it, I can bask in the subsequent applause from him.
Then you could start another thread whining about it. It's a win, win in your mind.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It didn't really bother me to be honest. There were quite a few Wolves fans clapping our fans and players four games ago.

If feel more agrived that we have so many glory hunter fans who left the ground before the players came out again. They were of course the same players who gave us promotion and the best home record in Europe so deserved a full stadium's appreciation. I would say however it was the fullest it's been for a players lap of honour but clearly BGT was a big draw for many.

If we had won yesterday and the boxing wasn't on I'm sure hardly anyone would have left.
I know I'm stating the obvious here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You are the one dishing out guidelines on how people should behave buzzer. Live and let live I say, if you want whinge about people clapping off a team that just won their fight against relegation then go for your life. Good luck with implementing your guidelines for how everyone should support your team.

I'm not dishing out guidelines. My post was a request; the very first sentence was a question.

There's a very tangible reason that [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION] has alluded to for not being nice to opposition teams. When players talk about going to Elland Road or Millwall or Burnley they all mention the intimidating atmosphere that can make them nervous so clearly the fans have a part to play in making opposition players dislike coming to their ground. It does affect them, hence their comments. If we are doing the exact opposite of that as fans then we are missing out on a trick to help Brighton win at home. A reputation as a soft and safe place to come and play against Brighton could well be our downfall.

And sorry, but I'm not letting you off the hook about the 'trolling' comments. Please explain what is and isn't a trolling thread. I'm not asking for guidelines, just a definition.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Left a few mins after the final whistle ( as always)Missed BGT but got home in time for the boxing.( 120 mile drive).I might add the bus queues for Mill Hill were minimal.

As I have pointed out in other threads I will be at Villa Park so will see the players there,
I am in no way interested in seeing players kids or wags ....I honestly dont get why the wags and kids need to be on the pitch anyway....Dont tell me they give up loads to support the team.....for £1000's fer week I would do the same

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If we had won yesterday and the boxing wasn't on I'm sure hardly anyone would have left.
I know I'm stating the obvious here.

Boxing didn't start until about 10 of clock, but we have won most of our last home games of the season but few fans stay

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I'm not dishing out guidelines. My post was a request; the very first sentence was a question.

There's a very tangible reason that [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION] has alluded to for not being nice to opposition teams. When players talk about going to Elland Road or Millwall or Burnley they all mention the intimidating atmosphere that can make them nervous so clearly the fans have a part to play in making opposition players dislike coming to their ground. It does affect them, hence their comments. If we are doing the exact opposite of that as fans then we are missing out on a trick to help Brighton win at home. A reputation as a soft and safe place to come and play against Brighton could well be our downfall.

And sorry, but I'm not letting you off the hook about the 'trolling' comments. Please explain what is and isn't a trolling thread.

Well we have the best home record in the division, having won 17 out of 23 games at home. So evidently we are doing pretty well at winning at home.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

And sorry, but I'm not letting you off the hook about the 'trolling' comments. Please explain what is and isn't a trolling thread. I'm not asking for guidelines, just a definition.

I get your point but this season we have the best home record in the top four divisions in Europe so as a club we have done something right.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Boxing didn't start until about 10 of clock, but no we have one most of our last home games of the season but few fans stay

I will hold my hands up and say I did leave about 5 minutes after the final whistle, nothing to do with boxing I was just very disappointed with the match.
I clapped and cheered the players after the Wigan match when they came out into the West Stand, i wasn't that bothered about seeing the players kids and wags strolling around the pitch.
After such excitement after the Wigan game and the big build up to yesterday's match I just wanted to go home at the end of yesterday's match, bad fan I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here