Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countdown to 10 more wins / 90 points (from 1st Feb).......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This. IMO Newcastle fans have more to worry about than us. Recent form (last 6) is worst of top 6, managerial disquiet. Shades of Derby last season.

Newcastle have that run of three consecutive away games at BHA, Huddersfield and Reading fast approaching. How they deal with that may well define their season.

If Leeds beat Huddersfield today they have 3 very winnable games following. Their last dozen games look trickier than ours and I think much will hinge on keeping Wood fit and on form.

Reading will be in the mix too, as will Huddersfield

I still think we can edge it but think it might need more than 90 points

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Newcastle have that run of three consecutive away games at BHA, Huddersfield and Reading fast approaching. How they deal with that may well define their season.

If Leeds beat Huddersfield today they have 3 very winnable games following. Their last dozen games look trickier than ours and I think much will hinge on keeping Wood fit and on form.

92 must surely be our target.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

If Leeds beat Huddersfield today it will be a miracle. Tomorrow on the other hand theyve got a chance

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Reading have a very easy last 4 games.

Rotherham (H)
Forest (A)
Wigan (H)
Burton (A)

12 points in the bag.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Reading have a very easy last 4 games.

Rotherham (H)
Forest (A)
Wigan (H)
Burton (A)

12 points in the bag.

On paper of course you're right, but this league is nuts, Blackburn winning at Newcastle etc. Any team that plays to their best can beat anyone imho.

Everything clicks and we spank Norwich 5-0, play that game another 9 times and we don't win 5-0, we do double over Fulham, Fulham Spank Huddersfield 5-0, Huddersfield tear us apart and could've scored 7.

Nothing is a given in this league.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Forest having strengthened wont be as easy at their place and Burton will on their day give anyone a game at home

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
On paper of course you're right, but this league is nuts, Blackburn winning at Newcastle etc. Any team that plays to their best can beat anyone imho.

Happens in every league (Liverpool - Swansea) although I'd agree that this league is as tight as you get. On the other hand the league table doesn't lie and teams at the bottom will win far less than those at the top and as the season progresses I think the likelihood of 'upsets' diminishes.

All three of those teams chasing us and Newcastle are in good form and it's good that Newcastle haven't broken away as many (including myself) expected. It looks as if it's any 2 from 5 now but can't really see much to chose between anyone .... we have the advantage based on points banked but it'll go down to the wire and likely be the 2 that keep their heads as much as anything else

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just did a quick count up of average position of opponents for remaining games of the top 5 (unaudited) ... it does suggest we have the best run in, notwithstanding all the upsets of course!

BHA - 14th
Newcastle - 11th
Leeds - 12th
Reading - 13th
Hudders - 12th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here