Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I don't think I expressed my point well. I just don't think anyone can say definitively what the mood of the nation is. Both sides try to, but you can't. One poll says this, another says that. However many have signed one petition, and loads have signed another. And loads more haven't expressed an opinion on social media.

So What You Saying ? Del !!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not pulling any punches.

DerSpiegel.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't have time for any politicians, which doesn't mean I don't have my politics.

Anyway - don't think it's that barmy an idea for our PM to cosy up to Trump and I hope that if she plays it well the other leaders in Europe will thank her. Let America deal with him because frankly they are the only ones who can. All this "history will judge us" is bollocks. Keep him close, sorry.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Don't know if anyone has pointed this out in the last 80 pages, but I'm sick of hearing about comparisons between Hitler's Germany - a murderous, conquering, imperialistic regime...and the isolationist, protectionist Trump administration.

Every conversation regarding politics and current affairs invokes Godwin's Law these days, to the extent that the brutal atrocities of the Nazis are being diminished by pathetic hyperbole. Get over yourselves.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Don't know if anyone has pointed this out in the last 80 pages, but I'm sick of hearing about comparisons between Hitler's Germany - a murderous, conquering, imperialistic regime...and the isolationist, protectionist Trump administration.

Every conversation regarding politics and current affairs invokes Godwin's Law these days, to the extent that the brutal atrocities of the Nazis are being diminished by pathetic hyperbole. Get over yourselves.

The snowflakes need a boogeyman and Trump will do for now .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just set Trump up with a visit to Madame Tussuards, where he meet and greet all the royals he can.
Wouldn't know the difference!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think I expressed my point well. I just don't think anyone can say definitively what the mood of the nation is. Both sides try to, but you can't. One poll says this, another says that. However many have signed one petition, and loads have signed another. And loads more haven't expressed an opinion on social media.

So therefore neither side can claim that the 'loads more who haven't expressed an opinion' agree with them, then. Always a bummer for those who wish they could, eh?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I really don't care if he comes here or not. I have my own views on Trump and just find the whole debate of whether he should come or not even more divisive than the actual visit itself! It's all a bit childish and distracts from the bigger picture... I'm more concerned of Trump and May holding hands whilst creating this "Truly Global Relationship" than whether or not he comes here. It's not like Trump doesn't come to the UK regularly anyway and dictate to the Scots where they can put their wind farms!

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I think you have jumped ahead of yourself. The comparisons have been about the similarities between the two in the pre war years of Hitler's Germany where he was seen as a saviour due to the improvements he brought to the working class in tetms of employment and wealth.

But drawing out the similarities with Trump and whether these are early indicators of more trouble ahead for America and the world.

Just to keep you happy no doubt that you have pucked up that Trump has started to move out Servet Service personnel and replace them with his own private security people.

This seems to be more about the fact that his own pepple have far tighter non disclosure agreements in place than the Sercet Service who are required to report any illegalities wheread Trumps peoplewould not be able to do so as sern as breach if NDA.

And of course Hitler replaced the Police with his iwn Brown Shirts.

Read into that whatever you want but intetesting times.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think you have jumped ahead of yourself. The comparisons have been about the similarities between the two in the pre war years of Hitler's Germany where he was seen as a saviour due to the improvements he brought to the working class in tetms of employment and wealth.

But drawing out the similarities with Trump and whether these are early indicators of more trouble ahead for America and the world.

Just to keep you happy no doubt that you have pucked up that Trump has started to move out Servet Service personnel and replace them with his own private security people.

This seems to be more about the fact that his own pepple have far tighter non disclosure agreements in place than the Sercet Service who are required to report any illegalities wheread Trumps peoplewould not be able to do so as sern as breach if NDA.

out of interest since you have made the comparison to Hitler replacing the police with the brown shirts do you have the link to this story that the secret service are being replaced with his own security.

Cant say ive heard that, but if its breaking news i would like to read it.

the only thing i heard recently with reference to private security was the head of the secret service on CNN talking about it in very different terms to your version.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Germany in the 30's .. major power on it's knees, feeling aggrieved after the Treaty of Versailles plus an economic basket case with hyper inflation compared with a long established democratic world super power with a strong economy and numerous checks and balances to curtail the power of the President. Trump and his administration have enough flaws without silly historical comparisons.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lies -https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/03/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
out of interest since you have made the comparison to Hitler replacing the police with the brown shirts do you have the link to this story that the secret service are being replaced with his own security.

Cant say ive heard that, but if its breaking news i would like to read it.

the only thing i heard recently with reference to private security was the head of the secret service on CNN talking about it in very different terms to your version.

The Secret Service are not being replaced. Trump is just using some of his own bodyguards. No big deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here