Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Referee Jon Moss, watching MotD, in his Chelsea pyjamas.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very good. And makes me think there should be more sporting cartoons at the back of the newspapers, as still remain about news at the front.

On Moss/Prem Lg refs generally, Saturday was a masterclass in 'looking after the big club'. From the biggest decisions, down to the smallest. Does anyone really NOT believe that it goes through their heads, 'Would I rather Chris Hughton was upset, or Antonio Conte was upset - which is more trouble for me?'

Of course it does for all but the very best and fairest refs (and there aren't many of those currently), and the Chelsea game was a classic example right down to fairly innocuous 50-50 free-kicks.

I think Chris has showed great dignity and restraint this season, not much has gone for Albion and he hasn't made a fraction of the fuss other managers would have. But it makes you wonder, would he/we actually have been better throwing his toys out of the pram earlier this season with a massive 'big club, little club' rant?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I think Chris has showed great dignity and restraint this season, not much has gone for Albion and he hasn't made a fraction of the fuss other managers would have. But it makes you wonder, would he/we actually have been better throwing his toys out of the pram earlier this season with a massive 'big club, little club' rant?

A valid suggestion, though Dyche moans about the 'big club bias' on literally a weekly basis, and Burnley still haven't been awarded a penalty for years.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Far be it for me to defend Moss, who is an appalling referee, to be working at this level - but I think comparisons with Dean would be unfair.

Moss is (physically) unfit to officiate at the level, he is WEAK (caving in to Schelotto, and going to him with the yellow, was really poor) and suffers from a touch of big-club-bias - but IMO has none of Dean's horrific ego problems. After turning down the two Schelotto shouts, Dean would 100% have then given the soft Hazard one at the other end - the pandemonium in the stadium would have made him cum in his shorts. He would have LOVED it.

Fair comment - but prompts an intriguing question: How you would illustrate Dean's boudoir... :eek:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Good read thanks , the one thing that's grates me more than anything is the Dermot Gallagher post match analysis saying it was a Penalty but it was hard to see for the ref and the linesman, what a crock , the ref perhaps yes but to say the linesman as not worth calling them assistant referees would have also had trouble seeing it is a complete cop out , very poor all round .

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...talking-points-chelsea-jon-moss-rafa-benitez/

From the Sun's Gavin Newsham (is that a real name?). Anyhoo.....

As Chelsea scrap around looking for a stand-in striker, it struck me that the answer was staring them right in the face on Saturday as they brushed aside Brighton.

Tomer Hemed perhaps? Maybe Glenn Murray?

No, they just need to sign referee Jon Moss on a four-year deal.

He’d probably do it for a Greggs’ voucher or two as well.
Moss, yet again, was utterly dreadful at the Amex, missing not one but two of the clearest penalties you’re ever likely to see and taking the wind out of the sails of a Brighton side that were.

If he’s an ‘elite’ referee then so am I.​

Hard to disagree

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
And why doesn't his room have a ceiling?

(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Good read thanks , the one thing that's grates me more than anything is the Dermot Gallagher post match analysis saying it was a Penalty but it was hard to see for the ref and the linesman, what a crock , the ref perhaps yes but to say the linesman as not worth calling them assistant referees would have also had trouble seeing it is a complete cop out , very poor all round .

Ref in backing ref shock.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At it again in the Liverpool v Spurs game. How does he give that penalty for Spurs and neither of our shouts? Worst referee out there at the moment.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
2nd one was a definite pen, Jon Moss waves it away until the lino got involved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here