Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not so sure about that: Johnson is really the Bob Boothby of our day. Someone the media fawns over because he's seen as a bit of a card, while devoid of any political talent. Johnson is probably even more louche that Boothby was ... and that's saying something. But Churchill didn't have him shot, he was his PPS in fact, although notably he never achieved much in the way of ministerial power.

If you want a comparison with Boris and a politician from the past, I reckon a better bet is Clement Freud (avoiding all reference to allegations of abuse). Freud wasn't a particularly good MP, he also wasn't particularly political other than an innate wishy-washy kind of liberalism (small 'l'), a hint of noblesse oblige and more than anything he was most interested in massaging his ego with TV, radio and newspaper columns. Fortunately, the Liberals in the 70s and early 80s were so irrelevant that he was (politically) harmless.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Whilst I agree that he had an admirable confidence to challenge the protesters in debate I wouldn't personally promote anyone who is against abortion even when rape or incest has occurred as a legend. Personally I would call them a deranged, out of touch religious extremist and would happily debate the man on his arguments.

Further to this I found his comment in an interview with the BBC where he said 'they weren't going to hit me, they were British' very peculiar. Whilst I am getting really fed up with some of the PC bullshit going on at the moment where everyone is so offended by everything, JRM is one of the most disgustingly out of touch humans on the planet. One man's backbone is another man's delusion.

https://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/6/files/2016/05/Nola-climbs-the-ladder.gif

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ah yes, the likes of Tony Bliar, Gordon Brown and Peter Mandleson were so in tune with the voters and everyday issues. The reality is too many politicians don’t have any real-life experience. Stephen Kinnock - what a complete waster of oxygen that guy is; typical left-wing cronyism.

JRM knows his views on abortion won’t be generally popular, but he’s stated that there is no chance of his views ever being enacted, so, IMO, that is a complete non-issue. He is (or should I say seems to be) someone who is honest, calm and courteous. Dismiss him if you will, but I genuinely would not be surprised if he featured in higher roles in politics in the future. Let’s face it, he’s far more credible than Corbyn, McDonnell or Abbott. The previous 2 have supported various terrorist groups around the world and Abbott can’t even do basic maths or even sense-check figures she’s spouting off. If you seriously think that the Labour Party is united on Brexit or fully behind Corbyn, then you are seriously mistaken. All of those MPs who wanted him out are bing quiet, but they won’t be supporting him. Opposition is easy; governing is much harder as you have to actually do something and not just protest.

I'm genuinely confused whether you're agreeing with me, disagreeing or simply attaching your own views to my post instead of just replying to the thread. What have all those Labour politicians got to do with any of this?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'd vote for JRM in a heartbeat.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here