Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Lawro has predicted a 2 - 0 home win,so nailed on victory for us then!:thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
So we've lost the game, all that remains is how many players we'll have banned from playing against West Ham on Saturday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pretty please can we not go into meltdown if we do lose tonight?
You want the impossible

starwars5script394.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We need a point tonight. We can't afford to keep giving rivals the results they need to gain confidence and get them up the league (Huddersfield, West Brom, Bournemouth). We also need it to rebuild a bit of confidence after the West Brom debacle.

This is definitely a match we should be looking to take control of by starting on the front foot. Southampton are on a long run without a win and are under pressure. If we won tonight I would be amazed if their manager isn't sacked in the morning. That's how close to the brink they are. Don't give them belief by allowing them to get on top of us from the start like we did at West Brom. Be positive and push their defence back.

This with great big chuffin cow bells on...

DING DONG

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Pretty please can we not go into meltdown if we do lose tonight? Still plenty of points on offer and it's a 12 team relegation battle...

Of course not. I'm very confident that we will win our last 5 games of the season and pip West Brom on GD .... why does anyone think we could get relegated if we lose tonight? Nonsense!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Been on SaintsWeb and they are NOT confident at all about tonight. Sounds like they struggle a lot against anyone half decent in the air (who's that man...?).

PLEASE can we absolutely go at them from minute one.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
We need a point tonight. We can't afford to keep giving rivals the results they need to gain confidence and get them up the league (Huddersfield, West Brom, Bournemouth). We also need it to rebuild a bit of confidence after the West Brom debacle.

This is definitely a match we should be looking to take control of by starting on the front foot. Southampton are on a long run without a win and are under pressure. If we won tonight I would be amazed if their manager isn't sacked in the morning. That's how close to the brink they are. Don't give them belief by allowing them to get on top of us from the start like we did at West Brom. Be positive and push their defence back.

Best not give away any corners then!

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Southampton are shit this year. No excuse not to fly st them tonight.

You are right. I really hope we do have a go at them tonight. My only real gripe with our tactics away from home is that against the lower down teams, we are still too negative. Come on Brighton, we can do it.

el punal

Sounds delightful.

You're not wrong there! We're spoiled when the Albion play at home with the number of decent pubs around the station. Southampton is not blessed with decent boozers in the city centre, some good ones further afield but not on the beaten track for football fans. If you've got the time and inclination try the Oxford Street area where the pubs are much better and not too far from St.Mary's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here