Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
To say that because a league is weak, then all players in that league are poor is illogical. By your reasoning because Henrik Larsson played for Celtic he was no better than a league one level striker.

While I agree to some extent (you occasionally get a decent player in league one after all!), Henrik Larson last played played for Celtic in 2004, more than 13 years ago. Scottish football has declined significantly since then.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
We will not spend 35M on 2 new strikers in this window.. And nor should we. They wouldn't get the service anyway. I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but Burnley, Boro looking good again the championship. Don't want to do a Portsmouth.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We will not spend 35M on 2 new strikers in this window.. And nor should we. They wouldn't get the service anyway. I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but Burnley, Boro looking good again the championship. Don't want to do a Portsmouth.

I'm not being blasé, but Portsmouth were owned by a french-israeli businessman who rocked up in the Solent out of nowhere one day in a canoe, with a rucksack full of cash from his dad. He could've minced into Gunwharf Keys and bought, I dunno, Matalan. Instead he saw some decrepit old floodlights rising up over the slums, and a few shabby stands, and for some reason decided to have a punt at owning a mickey mouse football club that is infested with a bunch of cerebrally challenged, monobrow fans FESTOONED with horrific unemployable tattoos. He then employed the one manager who is all but GUARANTEED to bankrupt any club that fails to stay on the PL gravytrain. Hence their near extinction, and rather lovely descent into the noddy leagues.

I can absolutely promise you. Tony Bloom will NOT "do a Portsmouth".

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
CH is preparing to unleash hell:

.................. Dembele, Hemed, Murray, Baldock, Locadia,............

...Izquierdo............................ Propper.............................................

..............................Goldson.......Dunk........Duffy.............................

...................................................Ryan...........................................

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country

...Izquierdo............................ Propper.............................................

..............................Goldson.......Dunk........Duffy.............................

...................................................Ryan...........................................

Stephens for Hemed. But otherwise OK.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

If we had two pacy strikers, making intelligent runs and pulling defences around, it would be much easier for our midfield and wingers to provide the service that we need.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
While I agree to some extent (you occasionally get a decent player in league one after all!), Henrik Larson last played played for Celtic in 2004, more than 13 years ago. Scottish football has declined significantly since then.

Time flies. Yes, Scottish football has fallen back, but I still think that Dembele is a diamond in the rough, so to speak. Hopefully we make a bid, he has great potential that needs more of a challenge to develop.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

He won't start Baldock

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

No Solly March? Typical negative move

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

3 at the back? We’ve got to be more attacking than this if we want to score goals in the Premier League. Swap Knockaert for Duffy and you’ve got yourself a team.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
3 at the back? We’ve got to be more attacking than this if we want to score goals in the Premier League. Swap Knockaert for Duffy and you’ve got yourself a team.

In fact why bother with a keeper, he’s too short for a start and with a bit of midfield guile they’ll never get near our goal, drop Ryan for Kayal. Has anyone ever asked the FA if we can play rush keeper?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His big plus compared to other linked strikers is that he counts as under 21.

On the other hand, if he thinks he should be getting Champions' League football, and then has to come to a little club like Brighton that is beneath him, he might sulk and f**k up the team spirit. Three weeks ago, I'd have been keen on him coming; not now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here