Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield signing EVERYONE...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If we get off to a bad start and go down, it will be remembered. Especially if clubs that built their PL sauad early do well.

Of course. Not Hughton. The players. The signings. The January window. The 38 matches. The squad.

Nope. None of that.

But definitely

The dates we bought our players in the summer transfer window... :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
But to be honest they are buying championship players, not premier league players. Maybe they are doing the Burnley model and take the Sky money and accept relegation and slowly build up the club with parachute money. Hopefully we buy some premier league players, quality not quantity. Time will tell, but rather do it out way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have we made a couple of 15M+ signings that I've missed or something?

How can you criticise Hudds' signings when it has all gone quiet over here, quiet at least up until the rumour we might be signing one of their former loanees who they passed up for another?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Signings in the window to date in and out IMG_2420.PNG

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stephen new contract was in the region of £40k a week. Which is the going rate for first teamers in the lower echelons of the PL.

maybe so, my point is that there is not such a big difference in what out top and lower earners make, compared to what Hudds new players are earning.
You expect a difference but i suspect there are players at Hudds who are on a Fifth of what some of the new earners are on, thats hard to manage.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Zanka finally got over the line. Good good.

I was chatting with a Danish acquaintance of mine yesterday about his view of Martin Braithwaite (with whom we were linked) and the subject of this guy and Hudds interest in him came up, this was his assessment:

"He has been a great defender in the Danish league, but that is largely attributed (imo) to him clearly playing on the strongest team in Denmark. In Huddersfield he will be put under pressure he is not used to at all (not even from København's stint in Champions League). While he is definitely not Bendtner, he does suffer from the same misconception of high confidence vs actual skill. He won't make Huddersfield any more likely to stay in the Premier League"

In case you think I'm making this up, it was in a group chat that [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] is also part of, so he can verify. [emoji106]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was chatting with a Danish acquaintance of mine yesterday about his view of Martin Braithwaite (with whom we were linked) and the subject of this guy and Hudds interest in him came up, this was his assessment:

"He has been a great defender in the Danish league, but that is largely attributed (imo) to him clearly playing on the strongest team in Denmark. In Huddersfield he will be put under pressure he is not used to at all (not even from København's stint in Champions League). While he is definitely not Bendtner, he does suffer from the same misconception of high confidence vs actual skill. He won't make Huddersfield any more likely to stay in the Premier League"

In case you think I'm making this up, it was in a group chat that [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] is also part of, so he can verify. [emoji106]

So he could quickly go from Zanka to Wanker

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Don't worry, nobody on here can explain where they got it from either.

I think it all comes down to the manager and while Wagner appears to have one or 2 funny traits NOBODY should ignore his record. He has taken an average club into the PL and did that without wasting money. Mooy was as integral to the team as Stephens is to ours and at £8-10 million a good price. Ince is a risk but if he regains his form /is played the right way he will be an asset to their team and would have liked to have signed him. The other signings look sound. Personally feel that whilst they might have had something to make up on us last year they have now leaped frogged us in terms of squad changes.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017

Oh for sure, all our signings (and current players) are going to take some work to get up to the standard required for PL.

On the flip side, a Copenhagen fan had this to say about him:

"If you are able to land Zanka (that is what we call him; what everyone calls him; what you should call him) for £2 million, it's a proper steal.

For a long time, Zanka has been one of the biggest profiles and best players in the Danish Super League. He is without a doubt the best defender in the league for several years. And he was on the Champions League Team of the Group Stage. He was on the Danish team of the year. And he was among four nominees fur best Danish player of the year.

Zanka is a natural-born leader, athletic AF, and he is the personification of positive arrogance, something that will diffuse a calmness to all the teammates. He is vocal, fast, strong, and he is brilliantly tactically and brilliantly schooled. Some people mention everyone hates him. That's not true. Every fan from every other team than Copenhagen hates him; we, however, love him. The only player we love more is Thomas Delaney. And even though most people hate him, there is an unanimousness that he is entitled to be so irritating because he is so damn good.

Can he make it in the BPL. You never know. But I definitely think he can. He has everything it takes.

If you land him, you have made a real scoop"

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Had a text of a mate who is a Huddersfield fan and is quite upbeat about their chances, he did say this though that wound me up....'Are your recruitment team on holiday or asleep?'

Cheeky git!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's bizarre, I've seen the argument that Huddersfield getting their business done early let's their team "gel".

Somewhat ignoring the fact our team has been "gelling" for 12 months and we finished above them....so we had a better team. We had NO loan signings in out starting team last year.

Huddersfield had FIVE. That's five players down before you even begin. No wonder they have signed people quickly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Had a text of a mate who is a Huddersfield fan and is quite upbeat about their chances, he did say this though that wound me up....'Are your recruitment team on holiday or asleep?'

Cheeky git!

Good banter though

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Cheeky git!

You can inform him that only 3 teams have, so far, brought in more players than us.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
It's bizarre, I've seen the argument that Huddersfield getting their business done early let's their team "gel".

Somewhat ignoring the fact our team has been "gelling" for 12 months and we finished above them....so we had a better team. We had NO loan signings in out starting team last year.

Huddersfield had FIVE. That's five players down before you even begin. No wonder they have signed people quickly.

This.

Utterly bizarre that Huddersfield fans on here haven't twigged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here