Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering tonight

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DOES the catering stop?

They obviously have to stop serving alcohol, due to the regulations.

Well, I was just going by the comments of [MENTION=12643]The Birdman[/MENTION] who's colleague was turned away because the game was about to start. I wasn't aware that they stopped serving everything once the game had started (in fact thinking about it, I'm sure I've grabbed a crafty BOVRIL on my way in when I've arrived late for the game, so I dunno).

Whats still pretty ridiculous is this pathetic outdated rule about not being allowed to consume alcohol within view of the pitch. So next month you could (in theory) sit in your seat at the Amex watching the Albion but not be allowed a pint, and yet a few days later sit in the exact same seat and enjoy a few pints whilst watching the rugby. So the shape of the BALL dictates whether or not you can watch the game whilst having a beer. What a load of old PONCE.

But that's probably for another thread.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The problem is getting served at half-time. Clearly that's always going to be a problem in a football ground - I accept that - but just how early before half-time should you have to leave in order to be able to buy something at half-time? On the basis of Friday night in the WSU, I think you'd have had to have left your seat between 30-35 minutes to have any chance of being served.

Exactly the same problems in the North! Staff are slow and clueless!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Arrived at the ground around 6:50 to soak in a bit of the summer outside the Amex with a pint of Harveys. Gave up after 10 minute as the queue was 40 deep and ONE person in the Harveys kiosk.
Inside, got a somewhat fishy couple of pints of Harveys from the pint n pie kiosk in WSL but had to pay exact money as she couldn't open the till, then a final two from the other 'pop up' kiosk but had to wait a fair while as one of them couldn't do basic maths (£8.40, gave £10.40 . . . "Do you have a penny?"), and for some reason the one who could do maths was pulling the pints.

Not good really.

But it's the first game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here