Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fire and Fury

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To be honest, I don't believe anything that comes out of Trumpo's mouth anymore.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very much so. Guam is a US territory and home to a US air strike force. If he launches an attack on Guam expect a nuclear strike from the US on NK.
The Orange Oafski is probably more concerned about "illegal immigration" from Guam.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pretty scary stuff. I can see this one escalating out of control really quickly

Quite. And as far as I'm aware, could be wrong, NK has no resources we need so no meaningful negotiation will be entered into and nothing stopping total annihilation.

Quick..to the capsules.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Quite. And as far as I'm aware, could be wrong, NK has no resources we need so no meaningful negotiation will be entered into and nothing stopping total annihilation.

Quick..to the capsules.

In the bigger scheme of things, I just wonder how China & Russia are going to react if the US do go for the red button

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Worrying, but more important problems closer to home to worry about. This country/continent is quietly but surely being conquered. Light some candles for the French soldiers today and then wait for the circle to revolve again.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think the Russians and the Chinese are going to have to sort North Korea out with the Americans surport.
You can't keep threatening to use these awful weapons as nobody wins in the end.
His pepole are totallay brainwashed if they kept to themselfs that's fine but technically the Korean War has never finished just a cease fire.
At last the Three main powers are agreeing but is it to late have they given him time to develop weapons of Mass destruction.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Unusually for me, I don't see any humour in this situation at all. You have a madman leader of a maverick state with a nuclear capability and a leader of the free world who doesn't have a diplomatic bone in his body, where one of his tweets can undo years of diplomacy.

We need the Chinese to get their shit together on the NK side and we need the Yanks to impeach Trump on the US side. Fast.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Very much so. Guam is a US territory and home to a US air strike force. If he launches an attack on Guam expect a nuclear strike from the US on NK.

I think the US would only nuke if NK did is first, too much to lose. The danger is NK taking Trump's word literally, reality with Trump is something different

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This has the potential to kick off.
So, is the latest report from American intelligence just fake news?
If not, is the problem we are faced with now the fault of previous world leaders failure to address the issue (Obama was president for 8 years)?
Should the world ignore it and allow NK to keep on advancing their technological threat?

If we take the Trump bashing out of it (and he's not really an ideal person to deal with international incidents e can all agree on that), what should he do? Whatever he does, he's open to abuse.

Someone needs to just take their leader out probably the best solution (and I don't mean Trump).

Agree with this. Imagine if Obama was still in and said exactly the same thing. I suspect people would be praising his strength in standing up to the Korean threat.

I think Trump has this spot on. North Korea needs dealing with before it is too late. It won't be a nuclear attack, but I fully expect some form of destruction of their missile capability this year.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think the US would only nuke if NK did is first, too much to lose. The danger is NK taking Trump's word literally, reality with Trump is something different
The problem is that NK struggles with reality too..

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I honestly don't see the U.S using nuclear weapons given the proximity of their allies, South Korea and Japan. Plus North Korea being right on the border with China, even Trump would surely think twice. Gradually also, Russia and China are coming round to the view that NK is more trouble than it's worth.

The huge risk I see is Pyongyang's continued brinksmanship leading to Trump going to a first strike with massive conventional weapons with a view to obliterating NK's nuclear programme. He may figure that, when push comes to shove, Russia and China will chunter but will not escalate to direct conflict with the U.S over a rogue state.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I honestly don't think even Trump would launch a first, pre-emptive nuclear strike. Using nuclear weapons to avoid nuclear weapons being used is surely a stretch even for Donald.

Would he launch a non-nuclear strike at the military installations? Maybe. Hell of a gamble though - you have to hit every single nuclear military base they have, including the hidden ones and the mobile ones, and you have to hit them all at the same time. Otherwise you've still got a nuclear-armed North Korea only now they've got even more reason to bomb you... and your South Korean & Japanese allies right next door to them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think Trump has this spot on. North Korea needs dealing with before it is too late. It won't be a nuclear attack, but I fully expect some form of destruction of their missile capability this year.

the trouble with any strike against North Korea is the high risk of their immediate retaliation against South Korea, with HE raining in Seoul shortly after any attack.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This rhetoric from Trump is for his moronic followers and western media public that he is taking a hard line.

Of course the US would retaliate if threatened, it doesn't need to be said in a Hollywood like scripted soundbite for twitter when their military might is a known quantity in conflicts around the world for the last 100 years. This isn't a film, he is taking a gamble making threats to a madness we don't properly understand. Trump should be diplomatic, reasonable and outwardly looking for peace at all costs, while inwardly he can make his military plans - these don't need to be threatened in my opinion. Pure but dangerous theatre for his supporters.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I honestly don't think even Trump would launch a first, pre-emptive nuclear strike. Using nuclear weapons to avoid nuclear weapons being used is surely a stretch even for Donald.

Would he launch a non-nuclear strike at the military installations? Maybe. Hell of a gamble though - you have to hit every single nuclear military base they have, including the hidden ones and the mobile ones, and you have to hit them all at the same time. Otherwise you've still got a nuclear-armed North Korea only now they've got even more reason to bomb you... and your South Korean & Japanese allies right next door to them.
This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here