Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Going back to the 1901 thing, and without wanting to stir up a hornets nest, surely if you go to away games fairly regularly then you'll be fine still (and ahead of the game). If you suddenly now fancy it cos it's Arsenal away, then I think it's only right you're taken through the door marked, 'Poke it up your bollocks'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That could be a while. 5k+ on waiting list, only 244 of those were offered ST this time around. Will be a higher number if we get relegated, I guess..., but perhaps not that much, since we had the vast majority of 17/18 STH in 16/17 in the Championship.

Unless we "do a Derby" or "do a Leicester" we won't know which division we are in when we have to renew meaning most will.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are you a season ticket holder? I'm wondering what shows for non-STH now that for STH they are called "Season Ticket Holder Points"...

'Member points' for non STHs. They are also shown for STH but don't really mean anything (unless you ditch your ST) - shown like this on your profile page :

Season Ticket Holder Points 271 (STH points apply to CURRENT season ticket holders only)
Member Points 338 (Member points apply to CURRENT Bronze/YS Plus Members only)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That could be a while. 5k+ on waiting list, only 244 of those were offered ST this time around. Will be a higher number if we get relegated, I guess..., but perhaps not that much, since we had the vast majority of 17/18 STH in 16/17 in the Championship.

Thought it was actually higher than that now? Point taken.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Going back to the 1901 thing, and without wanting to stir up a hornets nest, surely if you go to away games fairly regularly then you'll be fine still (and ahead of the game). If you suddenly now fancy it cos it's Arsenal away, then I think it's only right you're taken through the door marked, 'Poke it up your bollocks'.

Another way of looking at it is that the club have said for six seasons "One of the advantages of paying a load more money to us is that we'll give you an advantage in getting away tickets". Now, when for pretty much the first time that many 1901ers may want to cash that promise in, the club are saying "what, you want to actually use the benefit we've sold you and taken your money for six seasons? Hahaha! Didn't you realise we were joking? Sucker. Oh - and you know we told you that you'd get benefit for away tickets for a 5-year commitment? Yeah; well, we've taken that away too. Sucker twice."

Still playing devil's advocate here - I'm still ok with the new scheme, but I can understand why some of my neighbours feel stitched up.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thought it was actually higher than that now? Point taken.

Higher than 244 offered, you mean? Hmmm. I remember seeing the 244 number, and haven't seen another announcement; but it's possible there has been, and I've missed it.

The annoucements today have addressed a number of points that myself and others have been raising over the past few years.

Prioritise loyalty over those jumping on board now: Tick
Remove the advantage 1901 members might have had over those regularly attending 10+ away games a season: Tick
Make match by match sales in a family area available: Tick
Reward those who attend less attractive fixtures more than those who attend ones everyone wants to go to: Tick
Introduce a decent season ticket exchage: Tick (hopefully it's decent)

Only misses for me are that (and assuming) the club adhere to the £30 cap on visitor ticket costs, home fans in an equivalent seat could be paying 50% more. That's a huge miss. They could have earned huge kudos by announcing the North stand is £30 for all when in fact, as most of it's already sold to STH's there would have been a tiny number sold at the lower rate.

I also think the £1.50 booking fee should be abolished for those collecting from the shop (prior to matchdays) as this could actually be a boon for the club by bringing in shop punters at otherwise quiet times.

The 0844 telephone number is a scandal. Even Ryan Air don't use one now. With many of us just having access to a mobile phone the costs can be in double figures for a long call. And let's face it. When we have to call that number it's usually coz something isn't working that prevents us doing it online in the first place!

Other observations from the seat map suggest the away fans will be seated in S1B to S1E with S1A labelled as a home stand. Quick calcualtion suggests that allowing for 5 columns of segregation between S1E and S1F (from S1E) then all of S1A would be needed for away fans if/when they bring their full 3000 allocation.

Roll on August 12th.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, my bad, didn't realise I was replying to something from 200 posts ago. Sorry boss :dunce:

:)

The scheme looks pretty equitable all round though (irregular 1901 away travellers aside anyway).

I did have a quick scout around other schemes this afternoon and it was Chelsea, I think, who I noted give greater reward for "less attractive" games.

Slightly disappointing that this won't create a bigger binfest - it had so much potential.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You will be able to go to games. The question is, will you?

The struggle will be to get a ST. Put yourself on the list now, go to some home and away games that you will be able to go to eg. Burnley, Stoke, Swansea, Newcastle, Huddersfield, West Brom.

When the time comes that you get offered a ST, your residual points will put you on an even keel with (most of) the rest of us.

I won't be home until about 2019 full time lol, so when I get back I'll be going regardless of the division, it's just a long old climb to get on par after a few seasons, especially if they are hopefully all PL seasons. Good suggestion about the ST list though.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Reward those who attend less attractive fixtures more than those who attend ones everyone wants to go to: Tick

Where have you seen this? I can see that they are awarding 5/10/15 points for away games, but the only thing I can see about which games attract which points is "*Points awarded will vary depending on the opposition, date and demand level for the match between 5, 10 and 15.", which leaves open the possibility of the glory games getting more points. I doubt it; but afaik, the club haven't specifically said that the less attractive fixtures will get more points. have I missed something?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
FFS. I have not seen so much handringing about unit conversions since we decimalised our currency :facepalm::lolol:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Another way of looking at it is that the club have said for six seasons "One of the advantages of paying a load more money to us is that we'll give you an advantage in getting away tickets". Now, when for pretty much the first time that many 1901ers may want to cash that promise in, the club are saying "what, you want to actually use the benefit we've sold you and taken your money for six seasons? Hahaha! Didn't you realise we were joking? Sucker. Oh - and you know we told you that you'd get benefit for away tickets for a 5-year commitment? Yeah; well, we've taken that away too. Sucker twice."

Still playing devil's advocate here - I'm still ok with the new scheme, but I can understand why some of my neighbours feel stitched up.

I get that, but surely no one took up a 1901 ticket because at some point down the line we might play Arsenal away. It certainly wouldn't be a reason for m to get a 1901 ticket.

I really don't see why if the people around you have never taken advantage of the benefit before, they should now. The club could quite easily say, "As you have not taken advantage of this benefit in 6 years, it has to be assumed that it is of no interest and therefore has been removed."

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So what is used for popular away games, season ticket points or membership points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all games, if you have a ST, it's those points. If you a Bronze member, they use the Members points. If you are neither, it's general sale.

Where have you seen this? I can see that they are awarding 5/10/15 points for away games, but the only thing I can see about which games attract which points is "*Points awarded will vary depending on the opposition, date and demand level for the match between 5, 10 and 15.", which leaves open the possibility of the glory games getting more points. I doubt it; but afaik, the club haven't specifically said that the less attractive fixtures will get more points. have I missed something?

Home games graded A, B and C like last season. 5 for A, 10 for B and 15 for C. Last season A graded games were those that were most likely to sell out. I can only assume they will use the same logic for away games. Why would it be anything else?

On a side note, shall we predict which fixtures will be A B or C ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I get that, but surely no one took up a 1901 ticket because at some point down the line we might play Arsenal away. It certainly wouldn't be a reason for m to get a 1901 ticket.

I really don't see why if the people around you have never taken advantage of the benefit before, they should now. The club could quite easily say, "As you have not taken advantage of this benefit in 6 years, it has to be assumed that it is of no interest and therefore has been removed."

Hmmm. So it's ok to remove something because you haven't used it so far, but might now? Bit tricksy, isn't it? You're quite correct, the club could last season have said, "if you don't use it, we'll take it away". They didn't. They could now have said "You haven't used it, we're taking it away". They haven't. They've just taken it away with no explanation.

Is the new system more equitable for the fan base as a whole? Yes. However, there's surely no denying that STH would be up in arms if things that were part of their package were unilaterally removed?

Anyway, unless I'm specifically quoted, or if someone posts something factually incorrect on the topic, I'm done on 1901 stuff! I'm ok with the new scheme. I'll leave it to others who may be upset to post about it if they so choose. I'd rather they did that than continue to text me about it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here